Sign in to follow this  
mack

What Really Grinds My Gears 5

8 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Post a pic definitely, I have 32 BMX bikes from the 80's - a whole room in my house is just BMX I have that many.

Haro Masters, GT Pro Freestyle Tours, Dyno Pro Compes, Skyway Tuffs, Odyssey Gyro's, Moon Discs - got the lot. We were heavily influenced here by the US at the time so bikes like Raleigh burners weren't that big.

Kinda feel for anyone who missed the 80's.

Posted the pic the nostalgia thread.:) Raleigh was certainly much bigger where i was from.

I could do a few good tricks on my BMX by the end :)

And then i found other things and it went in to the shed forgotten :cry: 

Watching the highlights of PSG vs Smurfs n the commentator keeps calling them the “champions of Australia” ......

um dude, they’re not , Perth are  :nono:

11 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Watching the highlights of PSG vs Smurfs n the commentator keeps calling them the “champions of Australia” ......

um dude, they’re not , Perth are  :nono:

Well they are unfortunately. Perth are the premiers.

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Well they are unfortunately. Perth are the premiers.

Yeah I know...pretty sad when the 2nd placed team , by 12 points etc etc etc   anywho...

Missing out on the Bank Holiday today, which I had enjoyed for 53 years. But now I'm retired .........!

:P:crazy::clapping::pardon::yahoo::P

On 05/08/2019 at 11:52 AM, Edinburgh said:

Missing out on the Bank Holiday today, which I had enjoyed for 53 years. But now I'm retired .........!

:P:crazy::clapping::pardon::yahoo::P

You may be pleased to know, it's still an enjoyable day off. :good:

Was at the bog in the city today and some bloke broken the golden urinal rule...around 8 urinals, just me and a fella down the other end and some  bloke walks in and uses the piss pot right next to me! 

You just don't do that when a toilet is quiet, at least one free urinal between you!

21 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Was at the bog in the city today and some bloke broken the golden urinal rule...around 8 urinals, just me and a fella down the other end and some  bloke walks in and uses the piss pot right next to me! 

You just don't do that when a toilet is quiet, at least one free urinal between you!

Thanks for sharing...I'll remember that for next time I'm in one.

:huh:

Oh …..wait.

Now..... back to your books you go! :xnod:

When I woke up , ridiculously early as it turned out, it was quite calm.

Now the wind is picking up again.

Another typically WINDY August day ahead. :xmad:

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

When I woke up , ridiculously early as it turned out, it was quite calm.

Now the wind is picking up again.

Another typically WINDY August day ahead. :xmad:

I am out and about and loving it :)

10 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I am out and about and loving it :)

I know a few people from Yorkshire and they looove windy days. Say it's invigorating.

I should maybe try harder to feel that way....but so far it hasn't happened.

I can only tolerate August winds because they signal the end of Winter, and Summer ultimately coming back.

But then again, Summers are now so ferocious, I don't get so excited to see them return these days. :sad:

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

I know a few people from Yorkshire and they looove windy days. Say it's invigorating.

I can only tolerate August winds because they signal the end of Winter, and Summer ultimately coming back.

But then again, Summers are now so ferocious, I don't get so excited to see them return these days. :sad:

So, you're no doubt looking forward with unrivalled delight to 4pm on the 2nd of February at Central Coast Stadium. 

8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

So, you're no doubt looking forward with unrivalled delight to 4pm on the 2nd of February at Central Coast Stadium. 

Ah - you've checked have you?

Before the game, I'll probably be wishing I was sitting on the other side of the stadium. But most likely, I'll be doing what I usually do - as discussed a while back...and doing what Smoggy Jnr does - retreating further and further up the stand...into the empty boxes, to escape from the Sun. :D

Until there is nowhere else to retreat to. :unsure:

Hopefully this season, the games are so spectacular, that none of us will mind enduring heat stroke.

:):)

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Ah - you've checked have you?

Before the game, I'll probably be wishing I was sitting on the other side of the stadium. But most likely, I'll be doing what I usually do - as discussed a while back...and doing what Smoggy Jnr does - retreating further and further up the stand...into the empty boxes, to escape from the Sun. :D

Until there is nowhere else to retreat to. :unsure:

Hopefully this season, the games are so spectacular, that none of us will mind enduring heat stroke.

:):)

Don't worry, I hear Emmanuel Petit will be there. You can use the heat as an excuse for swooning when you see him.

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

Today reminded me of an early March day in Yorkshire. In Jan and Feb you can get weeks on end of foggy, drizzly dank weather and go days without seeing the sun, mild winter weather often goes with rain and cloud.

Then in early March you can get a cold northerly wind, which clears away the cloud and you get a bright sunny day with amazing visibility, the hills often have snow on top and new lambs already in the fields, just a hint of warmth in the sun out of the wind. Daffodils are pushing up and nature starting to wake up in general. So you rug up and get out in it and it is very nice, had that kind of vibe today.

2 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Today reminded me of an early March day in Yorkshire. In Jan and Feb you can get weeks on end of foggy, drizzly dank weather and go days without seeing the sun, mild winter weather often goes with rain and cloud.

Then in early March you can get a cold northerly wind, which clears away the cloud and you get a bright sunny day with amazing visibility, the hills often have snow on top and new lambs already in the fields, just a hint of warmth in the sun out of the wind. Daffodils are pushing up and nature starting to wake up in general. So you rug up and get out in it and it is very nice, had that kind of vibe today.

Hmmmmmmmmm...  glad that some one liked it at least. :good:

I can see why you'd like it...but here, it's horrible - to me.

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hmmmmmmmmm...  glad that some one liked it at least. :good:

I can see why you'd like it...but here, it's horrible - to me.

Look at he photos just posted in other thread, beautiful.

Must come for a winter walk with me sometime, but I think you would whinge as much as my wife :D

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Erimus said:

I'm the same as you.

As uncomfortable as the wind was today, I love days like this.

Young Wanderboy had an 11 am kick off  today for his under 17's match. It was cold and breezy. It was easy to tell that it was snowing on the Blue Mountains, which it was. He then put his hand up to fill in for an All Age match at 1 PM whose team was short of players. It got colder as the day went on, although the sun provided a somewhat pleasant warmth. His 17's Div 1 team (who are coming last) were playing the other Baulko team who are coming 2nd. They had an admirable 2-2 draw, after leading 2-1 at HT.

He then handled himself really well against the adults in the AA game.

I really couldn't think of anything better on a cold winters day then sitting there for 4-ish hours watching him play. The bacon and egg roll at Ted Horward Reserve at Baulko between matches was the icing on the cake. 

This probably should be in the WFMB thread instead tbh.

And yes Smoggy, those photos were beautiful.

Edited by Wanderboy

7 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Peter Beardsley or the snow photos?

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

I'm the same as you.

As uncomfortable as the wind was today, I love days like this.

Young Wanderboy had an 11 am kick off  today for his under 17's match. It was cold and breezy. It was easy to tell that it was snowing on the Blue Mountains, which it was. He then put his hand up to fill in for an All Age match at 1 PM whose team was short of players. It got colder as the day went on, although the sun provided a somewhat pleasant warmth. His 17's Div 1 team (who are coming last) were playing the other Baulko team who are coming 2nd. They had an admirable 2-2 draw, after leading 2-1 at HT.

He then handled himself really well against the adults in the AA game.

I really couldn't think of anything better on a cold winters day then sitting there for 4-ish hours watching him play. The bacon and egg roll at Ted Horward Reserve at Baulko between matches was the icing on the cake. 

This probably should be in the WFMB thread instead tbh.

That all sounds great... as long as you had a good view of all the action from inside the car (parked in the Sun). :D

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

That all sounds great... as long as you had a good view of all the action from inside the car (parked in the Sun). :D

Haha.

Nope. Braved the Sydney level cold out in the elements. It's not really that cold tbh, well, not Boro cold anyway. :)

PS. I was freezing, with the hoody pulled over the head. Still, enjoyable though. I'm sad the season is over. I love watching winter football.

PS 2. I also love sitting in the stand or standing in the concourse at Gosford vs Mariners in mid summer heat at a Wanderers away game, inhaling the toxic fumes of a few smokies. Life is beautiful.

2 hours ago, Erimus said:

Peter Beardsley or the snow photos?

lol.

I have a hotty for both tbh.

10 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Haha.

Nope. Braved the Sydney level cold out in the elements. It's not really that cold tbh, well, not Boro cold anyway. :)

PS. I was freezing, with the hoody pulled over the head. Still, enjoyable though. I'm sad the season is over. I love watching winter football.

PS 2. I also love sitting in the stand or standing in the concourse at Gosford vs Mariners in mid summer heat at a Wanderers away game, inhaling the toxic fumes of a few smokies. Life is beautiful.

Madness but :hi:

Since we are talking weather & football. Wind has to be the least favorite of conditions when refereeing. Raining is fine as long as you are moving (let’s be honest, games are called off at the first drop of rain) & cool temperatures are great.

When you add (1)The wind just blows through you especially if the game is poor & you’re not doing much running. Hands go numb, the wind just seems to cut so deep & you freeze up so much quicker than usual (2) The wind usually makes for an average game, just the ball making it havoc in the air (goal keepers kicking nearly leading to goals today :rolleyes:) (3) Wind burn, lips (4) You don’t seem to sweat as much but you’re definitely losing fluids, so much harder to top up than if it was a hot day

I don’t think we can complain too much, hardly had many bad weekends this year. So many where the sun is beaming, clear skies & temperatures moderate. Was so deceptive as my early games (8am were dead, by the time I finished juniors at 11 it definitely started & at 1300 it was in full effect.

i been having dreams more often recently at least remembering them, i had a dream that there was this new video game which i really enjoyed playing, woke up excited to play my new video game.......it wasnt real....i didnt play it because you cant play things that dont exist

i have a package Toll currently has, i thought that is fine i'll just pick it up from their closest depot to me, i live around windsor........their depot is at bankstown airport......so yea....no :P