What Really Grinds My Gears 5

Bought some beer , turn tv n PS4 on to play some GTSport and.........nothing ....tv is black :xmad:

Playstation is making all the right sounds but no picture :nono:   Checked all the leads etc....nothing

c—t

5 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Bought some beer , turn tv n PS4 on to play some GTSport and.........nothing ....tv is black :xmad:

Playstation is making all the right sounds but no picture :nono:   Checked all the leads etc....nothing

c—t

Is it powering on at all? Is the controller itself turning on?

8 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

c—t

Too many ******* leads these days. The back of our telly is like a ******* bowl of spaghetti. 

Our TV did this, was the dodgy foxtel connection..

6 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

No remote , lost it ages ago , use on/off button on TV . Powers on but no pic

Tried a different USB port? When I said controller, I meant the PS4 controller.

Otherwise, Google?

Edit: found this, might help? https://ps4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ps4-wont-connect-your-tv-try-these-no-signal-troubleshooting-tips-0149511/

8 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Going to use a different hdmi cable , see if that works.....otherwise it’s new tv time :nono:

For peace of mind buy something with a 3 or more year warranty. I bought 40" Changhong FHD..it died afte 2 years and 9 months.....rang them up....they sent out a service guy who said the motherboard had died....replaced the tv with a new one.....all done in a week.

I'm a bit late with this - an Ola ad triggered thinking about it.

About 3 weeks ago, I had to get myself to the hospital for an operation but couldn't drive myself there. So I needed a taxi. I called the local cab number "I'll get back to you". I waited a little while but no callback (they never did callback). So I called Silvertop/Premium and was put on hold .... I eventually gave up and went next door and asked for a lift which was thankfully granted.

I don't have much need for taxis but I've had problems before with booked cabs not turning up etc.

Although getting a cab home from the hospital was so easy with a very effective push a button service on the hospital wall - as it has been on other occasions. 

With uber and ola around these days and cabbies not happy about the competition maybe improving their service would be to their benefit!

1 hour ago, sonar said:

For peace of mind buy something with a 3 or more year warranty. I bought 40" Changhong FHD..it died afte 2 years and 9 months.....rang them up....they sent out a service guy who said the motherboard had died....replaced the tv with a new one.....all done in a week.

A week! ? A WEEK!!??  I can’t go a week without racing !   :shok:

12 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I'm a bit late with this - an Ola ad triggered thinking about it.

About 3 weeks ago, I had to get myself to the hospital for an operation but couldn't drive myself there. So I needed a taxi. I called the local cab number "I'll get back to you". I waited a little while but no callback (they never did callback). So I called Silvertop/Premium and was put on hold .... I eventually gave up and went next door and asked for a lift which was thankfully granted.

I don't have much need for taxis but I've had problems before with booked cabs not turning up etc.

Although getting a cab home from the hospital was so easy with a very effective push a button service on the hospital wall - as it has been on other occasions. 

With uber and ola around these days and cabbies not happy about the competition maybe improving their service would be to their benefit!

I had a meeting for work so I went down to the taxi rank outside the office

I get in the taxi and say where I'm going. If I was to walk there, it would be 20 minutes or so but the meeting was in 10-ish.

Taxi driver goes, "Nah, that's so close. That's less than $10. I'm not doing that. Just walk, it's just down the street"

I was going to be late, didn't want to argue, so I was like, "Well you're not really supposed to do that" (it is illegal after all) and got out. Went to the second cab on the rank who was confused because the driver was like, "Umm, I'm not in front?"

I explained the situation and the driver got out and berated the front taxi's driver.

Got to my meeting on time but found it funny how the second driver just told me to take Ola or Uber next time.

WRGMG is the first taxi driver. I'm thinking: mate, it's 11am on a workday in a taxi rank next to an office building, do you really think you'll get anything good?