What Really Grinds My Gears 5

Friggin" Gumnuts......of the tree variety.

Eons ago the Local Western Sydney Council where we live decided to plant native trees on the footpath that drop these vile little things EVERYWHERE.. Do they fall off at a certain time of year,?

"F" no.

The bastards fall off ALL year whenever they feel like it and never in ones or two's, but thousands at a time. They get stuck in your shoes,thongs,runners. You name it and they stick in. ! They blunt the mower blades and when you mow, do the bastards go into the catcher.? 

"F" no, 

They go pinging out all over the place to such an extent that you're petrified that one of the little buggers is going to launch itself in to your neighbours or one of their kids, or perhaps their car or through one of their windows.

When you ring the Local Council responsible for planting the living death trap to see if they can remove said tree and replace it the answer is a No. Rake them up first or blower vac them. So not only does the council want me to keep my yard neat and tidy they want me to vacuum it as well....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................................................

WGMG: Being sick and not sure how to fix it.

Went to the docs yesterday after being sick for a while. Fighting what I thought was a cold for a week, runny nose, cough, sore throat and blocked ears. Turns out ears are still damaged from ear infections months ago, one has a perforated ear drum. Drops for that to see if anything fixes it. Nose has enlarged glands, three times their size. Throat is sore, but not inside, the muscles are aching so it hurts to swallow, even my own saliva. Have had blood tests and allergy tests to see what it is. Suspected could be a sulphites allergy... but we're not sure. The tests may not determine it. Just over being sick. I feel perfectly fine otherwise. Not tired (apart from the cough keeping me awake... which I've had for months). Could even be a form of whooping cough. Ugh.

Edited by Gazmon
3 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

Went to the docs yesterday after being sick for a while. Fighting what I thought was a cold for a week, runny nose, cough, sore throat and blocked ears. Turns out ears are still damaged from ear infections months ago, one has a perforated ear drum. Drops for that to see if anything fixes it. Nose has enlarged glands, three times their size. Throat is sore, but not inside, the muscles are aching so it hurts to swallow, even my own saliva. Have had blood tests and allergy tests to see what it is. Suspected could be a sulphites allergy... but we're not sure. The tests may not determine it. Just over being sick. I feel perfectly fine otherwise. Not tired (apart from the cough keeping me awake... which I've had for months). Could even be a form of whooping cough. Ugh.

:grouphug:

That's not good!  :(

Hopefully the blood tests will give you the right moves to get back to normal!

Funny you should mention that Gaz.

I've been feeling crappy for about two or three weeks now. It feels like I'm getting sick but I never actually get a cold. I've also had sore ears too.

I thought the ears may have been blocked and needed a clean out. I have a family history of bad ears so I figured that was most likely. Went to the doctor on Friday and they had a look and said my ears were perfect and very clean. So I was confused.

I had a feeling something was wrong, but couldn't put my finger on it. Then this morning I wake up and can barely touch my nose it is so sore. I go to the doctor, and I apparently have a raging sinus infection.

So now I'm on strong antibiotics for the next week and they are running tests to make sure I don't have a resistant strain of staph. Fun <_<

7 minutes ago, Gazmon said:

Know the feelng.Have just gotten over a "cold" that has taken a month to clear. Ugh....

( I put a "like" to your post,not because I'm glad your sick, but because I understand ...lol)

47 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Funny you should mention that Gaz.

I've been feeling crappy for about two or three weeks now. It feels like I'm getting sick but I never actually get a cold. I've also had sore ears too.

I thought the ears may have been blocked and needed a clean out. I have a family history of bad ears so I figured that was most likely. Went to the doctor on Friday and they had a look and said my ears were perfect and very clean. So I was confused.

I had a feeling something was wrong, but couldn't put my finger on it. Then this morning I wake up and can barely touch my nose it is so sore. I go to the doctor, and I apparently have a raging sinus infection.

So now I'm on strong antibiotics for the next week and they are running tests to make sure I don't have a resistant strain of staph. Fun <_<

I'll send you this instead of a "Like"!

Hope you are on the mend soon, Jess, and that Sonar is back to 100% soon too!

:grouphug:

Yeah I went through about 5 x boxes of Amoxycilin (spelling?) for the ear infections and trying to clear the throat infections. Did nothing. So now I'm on super-expensive antibiotics and ear drops. Doctor was confused, but very helpful. Said they could all be related or completely unrelated to each other. Wait and see now I guess.

It's amazing how one part is sore but it's actually another part causing the problem.

Thanks for your likes. :)

Being sick sucks arse. I had the effing flu bug that's doing the rounds at the start of June. Lasted weeks. Now have to a case of gastro which, along with the cramps, is making sleep almost impossible. And the dehydration is giving me a bullshit headache. 

I'm sick and tired of this **** (hey, how's that for a pun?). 

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

Being old enough to remember when Australia were considered a great tennis nation that produced outstanding players.......

It is a race to the bottom between Australian tennis, the Wallabies and the unemployed cricketers lol

Now we just need to put AFL and NRL into that and we're sitting pretty... ;)

8 minutes ago, mack said:

If they want to waste their money they can.

(also, it's impossible to block them because they just come back anyway).

Also: Consider donating to the site, one of the benefits for donation is removal of advertising.

But then I won't be able to see the Russian beauties available to become a wife... hang on a minute, is Unlimited a donator?

10 minutes ago, mack said:

If they want to waste their money they can.

(also, it's impossible to block them because they just come back anyway).

Also: Consider donating to the site, one of the benefits for donation is removal of advertising.

Yeh, no probs mate.

I love this website and wouldn't begrudge you any sort of income you can garner from it.

It was more a tongue in cheek WRGMG. All power to you and thanks.

7 minutes ago, mack said:

Someone probably dropped out of the swarm and cut your speed.

Yep, Happens all the time ! lol....

Especially when it's something you really want to get....!  I usually use it to get iso's of different operating systems to test drive ( using Oracle VM Vurtual Box on Windows.)

Edited by sonar
59 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep, Happens all the time ! lol....

Especially when it's something you really want to get....!  I usually use it to get iso's of different operating systems to test drive ( using Oracle VM Vurtual Box on Windows.)

Yep, I know know exactly what you mean dude.....

:crazy: