Sign in to follow this  
mack

What Really Grinds My Gears 5

13 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Hi WSF family, need some advice:

So as you may know from the refereeing thread, I help officiate some games during weekends. I enjoy it and have been doing it for I think five years now.

The last time I was involved in the grand finals was a few years ago and I remember refereeing an over 35s final and an All Age Ladies. That AAL game had one of the best goals I’d ever seen, so I have fond memories of that.

I’ve just had a look at the appointments for the grand finals coming up and I’ve been assigned a low division kids final - still full field, but definitely not a 90 minute game. 

On the one hand, I’m happy to once again be involved in grand final day because it is a lot of fun and I have good memories of it. On the other hand, as someone who’s been doing this for like five years, I was hoping for... more, I suppose.

For semis, I did referee some all age men’s matches. Like I didn’t have the best performance that weekend but I had the sniffles and I’ve done adult games all season.

I dunno. Just feel a bit disappointed. Thoughts?

I think it’s natural to feel disappointed, finals & especially grand final allocations are a reflection of your year.

Were you being watched or assessed last weekend?  Unless you were then I doubt that performance would have made a significant impact. I’d like to think that your availability/games allocated & assessments would determine your allocations.

On the central coast, they are taking into account the games you’ve been allocated during the year, your reliability (not showing up or cancelling last minute), assessments & attendance at monthly referee meetings. We were also told that you may not referee every week of the finals or get a grand final. Wasn’t a reflection on us but wasn’t your year & you're unlucky not to be chosen.

It’s hard not to take it personally but sometimes have to look at the bigger picture.

On my allocations, I did my ankle a few weeks ago. As I’m unable to move side to side, being A/R is out of the question so been told to take 2 weeks off. Told I’ll get a final in Sydney & on the coast I’ve had a pretty ordinary season so doubt I’ll get anything (lucky to get an elimination semi final but no chance for a grand final).

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Posted (edited)

On our drive south today the wife asking casually if i had locked the door before we left...i cant have sounded convincing because she asked again giving me that shitty look.

99.9% sure i did...but one of those situations i am sure i did, but cant recall doing it lol

Got to make sure to run to the front door first Sunday afternoon...just in case...:unsure: I'll be :vava: otherwise..

Sure it is fine though...:unsure: yeah....99.9% sure......

Edited by Erimus

12 minutes ago, Erimus said:

On our drive south today the wife asking casually if i had locked the door before we left...i cant have sounded convincing because she asked again giving me that shitty look.

99.9% sure i did...but one of those situations i am sure i did, but cant recall doing it lol

Got to make sure to run to the front door first Sunday afternoon...just in case...:unsure: I'll be :vava: otherwise..

Sure it is fine though...:unsure: yeah....99.9% sure......

What's your address?

I can go around and check for you. Also, what brand of tv do you have, and is there any expensive jewellery hidden somewhere or a cash stash under the mattress?

I can check that it is all safe. :P

******* hotel fire alarm and evacuation mesaage going off whilst in the ******* shower ffs :rolleyes:

I calmly got in with my shower...like **** was i going to run out with a towel ...

False alarm if course....

Now buffet breakfast time...gonna eat till i puke...

19 minutes ago, Erimus said:

******* hotel fire alarm and evacuation mesaage going off whilst in the ******* shower ffs :rolleyes:

I calmly got in with my shower...like **** was i going to run out with a towel ...

False alarm if course....

Now buffet breakfast time...gonna eat till i puke...

Where have you headed off to this time?

PS I can't think of anyone I know who has better/more regular weekend getaways. :good:

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

PS I can't think of anyone I know who has better/more regular weekend getaways. :good:

Canberra for the Impressionist (Monet) exhibition.

Edited by Erimus

11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

My son has broken the pancake machine :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Canberra for the Impressionist (Monet) exhibition.

Ahhh good!

Saw an exhibition of his years ago when it came to Sydney. 

Get your binoculars and/or magnifying glass out.

5 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Ahhh good!

Saw an exhibition of his years ago when it came to Sydney. 

Get your binoculars and/or magnifying glass out.

Monocle...

No ...binoculars....because,  if it's like when I saw his exhibition, it was sooooo crowded!

The crowds were 15 people deep around each painting - so you couldn't get close.

And then...compared to the big poster-sized prints you see of his work, the actual paintings were small....thus a magnifying glass. ;)

Hopefully, it'll be better for you guys!

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No ...binoculars....because,  if it's like when I saw his exhibition, it was sooooo crowded!

The crowds were 15 people deep around each painting - so you couldn't get close.

And then...compared to the big poster-sized prints you see of his work, the actual paintings were small....thus a magnifying glass. ;)

Hopefully, it'll be better for you guys!

Been to a few in Canberra and never been that bad.

Posted (edited)

Was busy, but got around ok and close enough. Benefit of being tall i can see over the shorties. And a few well timed silent farts always helps.

Edited by Erimus

On 18/08/2019 at 2:49 PM, Erimus said:

But according to Maccas people are willing do shyte like this for a $1......

Anyway...someone asked me a question last week that ALWAYS grinds my gears.

'Which team do you support'

'Middlesbrough'

'No...who is your EPL team'

FFS....

What’s the problem? 

Joking

Wifes idea of a chicken wrap for lunch...

chicken, onion , tomato, lettuce, cucumber, coriander , avocado (mashed), mayo 

glass of Moscato in appropriate glass

10mins to assemble :nono:

Mine.....chicken, wrap , mayo (maybe) beer (can)

5mins to assemble, eat , start on beer n turn PS4 on...

:meep:

Your wife does a chicken wrap better than you Jack. 

Hers sounds delicious!

:xnod:

i know, seachange, holy ****, commercial tv can't die soon enough. what's next? A country practice? Dad and Dave?

1 hour ago, marron said:

i know, seachange, holy ****, commercial tv can't die soon enough. what's next? A country practice? Dad and Dave?

Fatso!  

using my bluetooth speaker for some reason slowed down my video a lot so the voice got extremely deep and it sounded like satan was trying to talk to me........no bluetooth speaker for now :P

what the **** is with people getting away with attacking paramedics? first the 2 women who attacked a paramedic avoid jail because tits and now some guy avoids it because mental health issues/autism

3D crossings now....maybe teach people how to fuucking drive  ie DONT USE YOUR FUUCKING PHONES! :xmad:

DONT PLACE THE PHONE ON THE WINDSCREEN IN YOUR LINE OF VISION! FFS

Was behind a douchebag early one morning who was driving sooo sloooooowwwww.....only to realise he was Facetiming n driving! THEN I noticed the douchebag in front of him was doing the same! WTF? Probably talking to each other ...morons

where’s a rifle when you need one....:nono:

Tucking my shirt it at work this morning..my ******* hand ripped straight through the material ffs :rolleyes: Big rriiiiipppppp noise lol Tried to see if it was low enough down on the shirt that when tucked in didn't show, but no luck. So i tried hoiking my trousers up...but looked like i was walking around with trousers half way up my chest and trouser legs at half mast....so i nipped in to the city and bought a new one and threw the ripped one in the bin...**** like this only happens to me...

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Tucking my shirt it at work this morning..my ******* hand ripped straight through the material ffs :rolleyes: Big rriiiiipppppp noise lol Tried to see if it was low enough down on the shirt that when tucked in didn't show, but no luck. So i tried hoiking my trousers up...but looked like i was walking around with trousers half way up my chest and trouser legs at half mast....so i nipped in to the city and bought a new one and threw the ripped one in the bin...**** like this only happens to me...

No...it happens to others.......:D

Just finished school the previous year and on my way to my first job at Strathfield.........Peak hour......on a train to the city.....packed out......standing room only.......brand new pair of trousers.......bent over to redo shoelace......trousers split in the rear from beltline to crotch.........no sympathy from fellow travellers......just a lot of laughs......a kid lady with a few bobby pins helped me out........:D

Edited by sonar

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, sonar said:

No...it happens to others.......:D

Peak hour......on a train to the city.....packed out......standing room only.......brand new pair of trousers.......bent over to redo shoelace......trousers split in the rear from beltline to crotch.........no sympathy from fellow travellers......just a lot of laughs......a kid lady with a few bobby pins helped me out........:D

Is that what you told the police the lady knelt down infront of you was doing ....

Yeah ..my old man has bent over and ripped the arse of his pants before...always hillarious when that happens just for the bend over and comedy ripping noise...and look of horror...

Edited by Erimus

I'm looking at how to renew an Australian passport. So, I find the Department of Foreign Affairs website. Renewing online is recommended. Next step setup an online AusPassport account. I take the time to look at [some of] the terms & conditions and find this:

3.1         What we are responsible for

The department will take reasonable care in providing information and services through the AusPassport account.

3.2         What we are not responsible for

The department is not responsible for ensuring:

• that the AusPassport account is error free;
  • that any defects in the AusPassport account will be rectified;
  • that there will be no connectivity problems with accessing your AusPassport account;
  • that you will have continuous access to your AusPassport account; or
  • that your AusPassport account cannot be hacked or attacked.

The department is not responsible for any Loss that could arise as a result of:

• your use of your AusPassport account, except where these terms specifically say that the department is responsible; or
  • your inability to access your AusPassport account.

If their not responsible for most of the items listed, what the hell are they responsible for and what constitutes reasonable care???????

18 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I'm looking at how to renew an Australian passport. So, I find the Department of Foreign Affairs website. Renewing online is recommended. Next step setup an online AusPassport account. I take the time to look at [some of] the terms & conditions and find this:

3.1         What we are responsible for

The department will take reasonable care in providing information and services through the AusPassport account.

3.2         What we are not responsible for

The department is not responsible for ensuring:

• that the AusPassport account is error free;
  • that any defects in the AusPassport account will be rectified;
  • that there will be no connectivity problems with accessing your AusPassport account;
  • that you will have continuous access to your AusPassport account; or
  • that your AusPassport account cannot be hacked or attacked.

The department is not responsible for any Loss that could arise as a result of:

• your use of your AusPassport account, except where these terms specifically say that the department is responsible; or
  • your inability to access your AusPassport account.

If their not responsible for most of the items listed, what the hell are they responsible for and what constitutes reasonable care???????

I have just gone through the process of renewing my British passport, that wasn't fun. Had to post everything off to Liverpool which is where all UK passports are processed. Cost just under $300 to renew, and I have my sons to do now. I have mine back and done for another 10 years thankfully. And the passport photo is one of the better ones I have had, the last one made me look like a ******* criminal. 

25 minutes ago, Erimus said:

I have just gone through the process of renewing my British passport, that wasn't fun. Had to post everything off to Liverpool which is where all UK passports are processed. Cost just under $300 to renew, and I have my sons to do now. I have mine back and done for another 10 years thankfully. And the passport photo is one of the better ones I have had, the last one made me look like a ******* criminal. 

Ahhhh....so you didn't emigrate to Aus....you were transported.........:D

27 minutes ago, sonar said:

Ahhhh....so you didn't emigrate to Aus....you were transported.........:D

I heard he stole a loaf of bread. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I heard he stole a loaf of bread. 

....from a servo while his dad was buying undies....lol

Edited by sonar