Sign in to follow this  
mack

What Really Grinds My Gears 5

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Only one thing to do with a burn to fingers or a hand is dunking it in cold water (in a bowl). Keep topping up the  water to keep it cold, until the pain goes.

From my experience.

Obviously just with painful, but not serious burns.

Until the finger turns blue and falls off..cures finger burns every time.

27 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Only one thing to do with a burn to fingers or a hand is dunking it in cold water (in a bowl). Keep topping up the  water to keep it cold, until the pain goes.

From my experience.

Obviously just with painful, but not serious burns.

Cold running water, wendy!!!

15 minutes ago, marron said:

Cold running water, wendy!!!

It's an alternative to standing at a sink for 3 hours, in Goat's case.

Sure...running water for as long as you can be bothered sitting/standing there. And that's what you do  immediately after the incident, of course (again...I'm only talking something minor, but painful).

But it you want to get on with other things, a jug, topped up with cold water as soon as it warms up (which it will do quite quickly) serves the purpose. And you can be mobile.

Lol...plus it saves water, I guess. But that's beside the point.

How long does this kids party have to drag in FFS? I swear, if I have to listen to this arcade machine for much longer I’m going to put my fist through it. 
Who the **** schedules a party on a day my wife can’t be the driver? Seriously, get your acts together. :nono:

19 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

How long does this kids party have to drag in FFS? I swear, if I have to listen to this arcade machine for much longer I’m going to put my fist through it. 
Who the **** schedules a party on a day my wife can’t be the driver? Seriously, get your acts together. :nono:

Post of the year!

Party host: The boys want to have another game of laser tag. 
Me: Oh, I’m sorry, we actually have a few things to do this arvo. Have a chat to <the wife> and tee it up for another weekend?

Me, in my head: not a ******* chance. I’d rather drink from the sewer than sit here any longer. 

For the record, I love my kids, Will do whatever for him, glad he had a great time, the kid having the birthday is a great kid, family are wonderful etc. but my goodness, the things parents do for their kids...

lol thank you lucky my finger doesnt hurt i did just stick it in water i didnt want to stand in front of the sink forever :P

my internet decided to suck right now, most websites are not working

On 21/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, SomeGuy1977 said:

Party host: The boys want to have another game of laser tag. 
Me: Oh, I’m sorry, we actually have a few things to do this arvo. Have a chat to <the wife> and tee it up for another weekend?

Me, in my head: not a ******* chance. I’d rather drink from the sewer than sit here any longer. 

For the record, I love my kids, Will do whatever for him, glad he had a great time, the kid having the birthday is a great kid, family are wonderful etc. but my goodness, the things parents do for their kids...

Glad to see there is someone as miserable as me when is comes to such things :D

4 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

lol thank you lucky my finger doesnt hurt i did just stick it in water i didnt want to stand in front of the sink forever :P

Yep...water in a jug...but you do have to keep topping the cold water up. Or drop in an ice cube when the water warms up, which it does quite quickly.

Are  you feeling better now Smoggy?

WRGMG torn ligament in my ankle right before summer social sports season.. uuuggghhhhhh!

Edited by teddies
tori spelling

2 hours ago, teddies said:

WRGMG torn ligament in my ankle right before summer social sports season.. uuuggghhhhhh!

Hope you dont have top tier, back row seats.

43 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Hope you dont have top tier, back row seats.

Bay 124..... not sure which would be more inconvenient. 

Also, because of this injury, I can't go to the game so my ticket is up for grabs.

12 minutes ago, teddies said:

Also, because of this injury, I can't go to the game so my ticket is up for grabs.

:grouphug:   Hire a wheel chair?

WGMG...

This could go in the Stadiums thread or the Australian Current Events thread, but instead I'll post here.

When you have a class of teenagers who are already a bit fractious, becoming almost intolerable and uncontrollable because the air conditioning isn't up to scratch in your public school classroom, and the inside room temperature is easily over 30C, and you keep hearing the boosters for the state government's stadium policy that not only is it okay to spend over 1 billion on the SFS & ANZ, but the government can do it at the same time as improving school facilities...well...

giphy.gif?cid=790b761195c1d870970192c502

Instead of pandering to the arseholes at the SCG Trust and other vested interests that keep dissembling about how needed a new stadium was in Moore Park, or that ANZ needs to be rebuilt, and still pissing away $20 million to the NRL so the grand final stays in Sydney, spend that money in front line services NOW on things that actually have an immediate community benefit.

I bet all those pricks who are loving the state government stadia policy send their kids to GPS private schools with a/c subsidised by tax payers, and have never had to deal with 20+ hot & pissed off teenagers.

3 hours ago, teddies said:

Damn, how did you manage that? Don’t tell me your cat/dog tackled you from behind in training? :lol:

Schools have needed AC since before the original Parramatta Stadium was built.

2 hours ago, teddies said:

:smurfpoint:

7 hours ago, teddies said:

:grouphug: I'm in the same boat but also throw in a dislocated kneecap. Over 35's retirement time 

Missed the first game back and been advised not to go to Derby as i struggle to get up 5 steps let alone 500 up to my seat 😫🤕

20 hours ago, wendybr said:

Are  you feeling better now Smoggy?

Still coughing bad, and still infectious...so yeah its just random pot luck for the lucky guy that gets to sit next to me..

I will be fine though as will have a plastic bag to cough and puke in to.

7 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

:grouphug: I'm in the same boat but also throw in a dislocated kneecap. Over 35's retirement time 

Missed the first game back and been advised not to go to Derby as i struggle to get up 5 steps let alone 500 up to my seat 😫🤕

Catheter time

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Still coughing bad, and still infectious...so yeah its just random pot luck for the lucky guy that gets to sit next to me..

I will be fine though as will have a plastic bag to cough and puke in to.

Probably best to put it on before kick off with a tight tie around the neck to protect your fellow fans

8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Catheter time

What a way to become the first person to be banned or become a cult hero to throw a catheter at a smurf. 

Move over hectic hector, captain catheter is here 😂

2 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

What a way to become the first person to be banned or become a cult hero to throw a catheter at a smurf. 

Just as long as your aim is true!

25 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Probably best to put it on before kick off with a tight tie around the neck to protect your fellow fans

I'll be fine for Saturday :xnod:

13 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Just as long as your aim is true!

With or without the catheter.

19 hours ago, Burgerman said:

as long as it hits grant