What Really Grinds My Gears 5

"You know"

NO! I DON'T BLOODY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR ARE GOING TO SAY!

If I did you wouldn't need to say it! And then you could STFU! And I wouldn't have listened to you waste my time**!

** As just happened with that non funny psycho robot sketch that Jack posted in another thread!

And while I'm at it Simon "that wasn't too far away" Hill, IT ACTUALLY WAS TOO FAR AWAY - THAT'S WHY IT BLOODY MISSED THE BLOODY TARGET FFS!

And I might as well get it all out of the way .....

I also don't like it when people moronically say "like" before, after or in every bloody phrase they utter. What you are saying is rarely, if ever, liked or even like anything else other than the last and next times you unnecessarily and inappropriately utter the word like. I mean, like, gfy!

Aaaaaaaah, that feels better.

3 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

"You know"

NO! I DON'T BLOODY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR ARE GOING TO SAY!

If I did you wouldn't need to say it! And then you could STFU! And I wouldn't have listened to you waste my time**!

** As just happened with that non funny psycho robot sketch that Jack posted in another thread!

And while I'm at it Simon "that wasn't too far away" Hill, IT ACTUALLY WAS TOO FAR AWAY - THAT'S WHY IT BLOODY MISSED THE BLOODY TARGET FFS!

And I might as well get it all out of the way .....

I also don't like it when people moronically say "like" before, after or in every bloody phrase they utter. What you are saying is rarely, if ever, liked or even like anything else other than the last and next times you unnecessarily and inappropriately utter the word like. I mean, like, gfy!

Aaaaaaaah, that feels better.

You need to go back to work....

32 minutes ago, marron said:

old.jpg

A good article on the use of the word "like" (a similar analysis could be done on "you know")

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/11/the-evolution-of-like/507614/

Its a disease that mainly inflicts teenage girls....and me if I am ever sat within ear shot of Ed and know it.

Edited by Smoggy

Haha.

Except, as the article says, it's kind of not. There are at least 3 different uses of it, each conveying a specific meaning, each serving a purpose. And they don't even include the way you lot use it, like (although it's probably pretty similar to one of the three there, it just occurs at the end, like). 

3 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Put the bottle down now Pops....

Quite the opposite, it's enough to drive me to drink!

And as for that "comedy" sketch you posted, I knew less about what that wanker was talking about after he'd been going for about 3 minutes** than I did before I started the bleeding video!

** which included about 30 freaking minutes of "you know"!

WRGMG. Is it just me, but why does every f'n advertising real for foxsport, kayo, abc, sbs, etc. always have someone scoring against us? They never show us holding up the afc trophy do they, only the ballsack mariners shipping a goal against us! Firetruck me. Am I slowly decending into paranoid or is this blatant discrimination? 

Not too far from my house, some dumb arses decided they needed a cup of tea and thought it was a good idea to light a camp fire yesterday. Not only are we in the midst of the worst fire conditions in forever, but the pub (and the bottle shop) is right across the ******* road from the camp site, not to mention the golf and bowlo being short walks away!

Tourists. FFS.

5 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Not too far from my house, some dumb arses decided they needed a cup of tea and thought it was a good idea to light a camp fire yesterday. Not only are we in the midst of the worst fire conditions in forever, but the pub (and the bottle shop) is right across the ******* road from the camp site, not to mention the golf and bowlo being short walks away!

Tourists. FFS.

i am not much of a snitch

but there was a total state fire ban yesterday. you could have tipped off the local authorities.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans/total-fire-ban-rules

$2,200 fine for a cuppa. now that floats my boat.

7 minutes ago, thefairy said:

i am not much of a snitch

but there was a total state fire ban yesterday. you could have tipped off the local authorities.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans/total-fire-ban-rules

$2,200 fine for a cuppa. now that floats my boat.

That, or the RFS take you details when they show up to put your **** out. Either way, he copped the fine apparently. Reading one of the local facebook pages that I follow, I think he's going to want to leave town pretty quick.

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

getting calls from the "nbn" every 15 minutes, you think they would get the message after i hung up on them 100 times

Gotta love it when they phone up and say .." you are having trouble with your internet"......I tell them thats correct ...it's been that way for ages.......and perhaps it's  because we're not connected to the internet and that might be the problem........they hang up.....lol

( My next door neighbour lets us use her wifi....at no cost )

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I’ve actually never been and am interested going there to shop. What’s wrong with it?

*sigh*  you have much to learn about shopping with females...

it’s a shopping centre , bargain priced apparently, located near Souless , traffic , parking , people etc etc etc