Sign in to follow this  
mack

AFL Thread 2

Another paid advertisement. This time just then on 2GB. 

Here's another thing I don't get about AFL.....West Coast, Brisbane and GWS all finished in positions which see them hosting a game this weekend with home ground advantage. However Geelong, who finished top and have a decent stadium, have to play 'away' at the MCG against Collingwood, who call the MCG home !!

Just switched on the ABC news and saw an incident between 2 players. One guy pulled a players posits. The other player reacted violently with a headbutt and a push into a fench. I wonder what the AFL hq will do to sweep that under the carpet.

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Just switched on the ABC news and saw an incident between 2 players. One guy pulled a players posits. The other player reacted violently with a headbutt and a push into a fench. I wonder what the AFL hq will do to sweep that under the carpet.

No need the abc reaction was a slight chuckle and a these things happen

LOL@GWS.

SO, after all their bribed publicity this week in the media and all the freebie ticket giveaways, they haven't even gone close to selling out Soulless Stadium. So many empty seats.

Happy for the AFL to keep pouring 10's of millions of $$ into a lost cause. They have too much pride and are too arrogant to admit defeat, so I hope they keep flushing the millions down the toilet.

When we have a successful season this season, we will smash their attendance figures, and they can suck a big one. Not to mention that the Eels are also on the rise.

The west will never be beaten by the vermin.

Ha, they just announced a crowd of over 19000. What a load of bollocks. Creative accounting continues.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-finals-2019-crowd-at-giants-v-western-bulldogs-match-comes-under-fire/news-story/d4d84dbbf675bece1a521de93d809a6e

A shot of the Giants Stadium crowd during the GWS v Bulldogs Elimination Final. Photo via @SammyHeraldSun

Lol. This looks like they shut down the upper decks. Even if they didn't, how can you have literally no-one in the top tiers and still claim a figure of 80% full with that?

43 minutes ago, mack said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-finals-2019-crowd-at-giants-v-western-bulldogs-match-comes-under-fire/news-story/d4d84dbbf675bece1a521de93d809a6e

A shot of the Giants Stadium crowd during the GWS v Bulldogs Elimination Final. Photo via @SammyHeraldSun

Lol. This looks like they shut down the upper decks. Even if they didn't, how can you have literally no-one in the top tiers and still claim a figure of 80% full with that?

Their billboards - "Never Surrender" Hahahahaha.

Looks like their fans have.

Edited by Wanderboy

Who cares , few more weeks of Fumble Ball then it’s good riddance for 6 months!  :yahoo:

10 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Who cares , few more weeks of Fumble Ball then it’s good riddance for 6 months!  :yahoo:

That would be great except for the constant offfield media communications that purport as news in their off-season.:xmad:

I just don't get this......Bad boys Sam Burgess and Toby Greene are up before the judiciary again....Burgess gets suspended for some playful (albeit stupid) hair pulling but Toby Greene does the same and much more but get's let off with a fine !!  Is the AFL that desperate to see GWS win the comp?

3 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

I just don't get this......Bad boys Sam Burgess and Toby Greene are up before the judiciary again....Burgess gets suspended for some playful (albeit stupid) hair pulling but Toby Greene does the same and much more but get's let off with a fine !!  Is the AFL that desperate to see GWS win the comp?

That would explain it

5 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Yes, yes they are 

Firstly, I have nothing against this woman,secondly, when there are far more deserving women in sport, ie Kathy Freeman, Sam Kerr, Sally Pearson,Shane Gould, Evonne Goolagong who deserve accolades and recognition for their roles in women sport how can you justify a bronze statue of someone who has played just 22 games FFS.

On 11/09/2019 at 3:16 PM, sonar said:

Firstly, I have nothing against this woman,secondly, when there are far more deserving women in sport, ie Kathy Freeman, Sam Kerr, Sally Pearson,Shane Gould, Evonne Goolagong who deserve accolades and recognition for their roles in women sport how can you justify a bronze statue of someone who has played just 22 games FFS.

It's the story of "progress" apparently. Women in sport didn't exist before WAFL.

20 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

It's the story of "progress" apparently. Women in sport didn't exist before WAFL.

This is the AFL we're talking about we have to remember, they trot out anything exotically different ( women, non Australians, anybody with a skin colour darker than a latte, egg shaped balls ) like it's the 7th Wonder of the World or something.   

56 minutes ago, MeurantsLane said:

This is the AFL we're talking about we have to remember, they trot out anything exotically different ( women, non Australians, anybody with a skin colour darker than a latte, egg shaped balls ) like it's the 7th Wonder of the World or something.   

Don't forget their little foray into the Chinese market. Ground breaking stuff for a professional football league. Lol.

It's funny how the AFL are pushing for drop in wickets at the SCG, whereas the NRL, where players are probably more at risk of injury, have no problem with the current surface. The AFL can **** right off.

On 08/09/2019 at 6:25 AM, Paul01 said:

That would be great except for the constant offfield media communications that purport as news in their off-season.:xmad:

One of the reasons I was pleased to get out of Melbourne.  All year round it was constantly about AFL or criminals or AFL and criminals in the media.  Mind you that was 20 odd years ago.

On 10/09/2019 at 2:50 PM, MartinTyler said:

Is the AFL that desperate to see GWS win the comp?

Yes.  The AFL have no compunctions about rigging the competition to favour their current project teams.  Did it for the Sydney Swans ever since they entered the comp.  I am admittedly a bitter and dispirited St. Kilda supporter though.

14 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Yes.  The AFL have no compunctions about rigging the competition to favour their current project teams.  Did it for the Sydney Swans ever since they entered the comp.  I am admittedly a bitter and dispirited St. Kilda supporter though.

Well on Offsiders, they showed the last kick came off a forward pass that an NRL would do and not a proper hand pass.

22 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Yep, with us getting our new stadium, they would be even more desperate for GWS to win, I’m more tempted to put money on them winning than us, the mad conspiracy part of my is convinced it will be rigged for them to win and have parade through a largely disinterested parramatta 

I used to be ambivalent to AFL now every time I see the offspring of some eastern suburbs type slumming it on the inner west (in $3M Annandale house) I want to kick both the ball and the child over the nearest fence 

Edited by StringerBellend

12 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep, with us getting our new stadium, they would be even more desperate for GWS to win, I’m more tempted to put money on them winning than us, the mad conspiracy part of my is convinced it will be rigged for them to win and have parade through a largely disinterested parramatta 

I used to be ambivalent to AFL now every time I see the offspring of some eastern suburbs type slumming it on the inner west (in $3M Annandale house) I want to kick both the ball and the child over the nearest fence 

When i officiate Football at one ground on a Sunday, I get p***** o** when I hear the whistle from the AwFULLERs across the road.

I spoke to one young lad who started playing GK a few weeks ago. He played AFL and I asked him what they thought of our game, he said that they hate us.

So I have no qualms hating them.

7 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

When i officiate Football at one ground on a Sunday, I get p***** o** when I hear the whistle from the AwFULLERs across the road.

I spoke to one young lad who started playing GK a few weeks ago. He played AFL and I asked him what they thought of our game, he said that they hate us.

So I have no qualms hating them.

They always have 

and now we are the biggest threat, especially if we can get our **** together 

the thing that pisses me off most is the amount of government funding that goes into it. 

11 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

They always have 

and now we are the biggest threat, especially if we can get our **** together 

the thing that pisses me off most is the amount of government funding that goes into it. 

I was near the sister in laws up in the Hills district. Could not believe the ground they got either new or upgraded there.

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I was near the sister in laws up in the Hills district. Could not believe the ground they got either new or upgraded there.

I’m going to take a wild guess and say the players in the local football teams outnumber them a 1000 to 1 but haven’t seen an upgrade to their field in years 

So good ole boy Toby Greene gets a suspension for for treatment of opponents eyes after he promised not to do it the week before when he got a fine. 

Time for his type (and his team) to f*** o** out of western Sydney. 

Edited by Paul01
Added info

I think he's doing it himself or under instruction too, to try and endear himself to Westies.

Unfortunately with the resurgence of us, and the Eels coming off a demolition job on Brisbane - their efforts are going unnoticed.