AFL Thread 2

43 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Wow, just wow, I mean, I wanted GWS to be humiliated and all, but even I have a heart, this is just absolute total humiliation on every level, how as a club will they recover from this....

:D

Nah mate.....**** 'em

I am at home with work to do so put the game on (to cheer against the Midgets).  I lasted until partway through the second quarter. What a stupid game.

I don't have an issue with the "one point for a miss thing", but to allow the defending team to knock it over for a point is ridiculous.

But most of all, it's just so devoid of skill, apart from shooting at goal. It's a big scramble. At one point some guy was half in the clear with ball in hand and spun around and the commentator bellowed "A full 360!!".  I'm thinking "champ, it's not like he was balancing on a board going down a wave or in mid air above snow.  Or controlling a ball at his feet while he spins".  Seriously, if you can't spin around while running you probably don't deserve to be a professional sportsman.

If you can run all day and have half decent hands you can play this game. If you have **** hands you can be a defender and just punch.

3 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I am at home with work to do so put the game on (to cheer against the Midgets).  I lasted until partway through the second quarter. What a stupid game.

I don't have an issue with the "one point for a miss thing", but to allow the defending team to knock it over for a point is ridiculous.

But most of all, it's just so devoid of skill, apart from shooting at goal. It's a big scramble. At one point some guy was half in the clear with ball in hand and spun around and the commentator bellowed "A full 360!!".  I'm thinking "champ, it's not like he was balancing on a board going down a wave or in mid air above snow.  Or controlling a ball at his feet while he spins".  Seriously, if you can't spin around while running you probably don't deserve to be a professional sportsman.

If you can run all day and have half decent hands you can play this game. If you have **** hands you can be a defender and just punch.

Agree totally, I watched for 20mins and it is a ******* god awful game, ball like a ******* wet bar of soap, dreadful sport.

Edited by Erimus
3 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Agree totally, I watched for 20mins and it is a ******* god awful game, ball like a ******* wet bar of soap, dreadful sport.

I watched the 1st qtr. I lol'd throughout at how dreadful it was.

The comparison to "seagull's fighting over a chip" couldn't be more true for this appalling sport.

12 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Mel Mclaughlin for 7 news is sprouting the propaganda too.

Great effort to make GF in just 8 years, embraced by Western Sydney community blah blah.

Mel Mel Mel. What happened to the woman who once turned down a spot on a golf show because she said the fans can see right through you if you aren't real?

Sunrise Special from Breakfast Point on Monday then?

11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Just ScoMo in with the Midgets supporters. The beginning of the end?

They will lap him up.

A fake with the whole 'have a go, get a go' bullshit line that really is only comfortable when placed in a mob of Anglos from the Hills District. London to a brick he hangs off the Manuka Midget coat tails like a dag on a flyblown sheep's arse.

Hope he never comes near us the prick.

21 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Mel Mclaughlin for 7 news is sprouting the propaganda too.

Great effort to make GF in just 8 years, embraced by Western Sydney community blah blah.

Mel Mel Mel. What happened to the woman who once turned down a spot on a golf show because she said the fans can see right through you if you aren't real?

She’s no Lucy and never will be 

Just now, ManfredSchaefer said:

They will lap him up.

A fake with the whole 'have a go, get a go' bullshit line that really is only comfortable when placed in a mob of Anglos from the Hills District. London to a brick he hangs off the Manuka Midget coat tails like a dag on a flyblown sheep's arse.

He represents a Cronulla electorate so belongs to the Russian mafia (Smurfs)

23 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

They will lap him up.

Well if I may say so that is very insulting to sheep's arse's.

4 hours ago, btron3000 said:

AFL is what happens when you take a game designed 100+ years ago and then don't change it when it becomes obvious that the only thing that matters is endurance and not the actual skill of the game.

Stay Classy AFL

It’s one thing for #AFLGrandFinal fans to let off a bit of steam, but quite another for them to grope an @SBSNews
reporter trying to do her job. It’s not on. Well done @abbydinham
for refusing to lose your composure.
7:54 PM · Sep 28, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
7 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Stay Classy AFL

It’s one thing for #AFLGrandFinal fans to let off a bit of steam, but quite another for them to grope an @SBSNews
reporter trying to do her job. It’s not on. Well done @abbydinham
for refusing to lose your composure.
7:54 PM · Sep 28, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Maybe SBS should give serious thought to coverage of Fumble Ball in future or they may have to hire Security for their Women reporters.

As you say stay classy AFL.