AFL Thread 2

56 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Maybe SBS should give serious thought to coverage of Fumble Ball in future or they may have to hire Security for their Women reporters.

As you say stay classy AFL.

SBS couldn't afford the TV Deal for the bogan code to pay unless the federal parliament releases funds. Wouldn't put it past the current crop trying to buy votes.

FMD, they are even talking about GWS on Business Weekend on Sky! CEO of the Business Council crapping on about how important the Giants have been for providing a sense of community for people in Western Sydney.  Says a guy came up to her and said "He didn't know what it was like to live in Australia until getting involved with GWS".  Now I don't live there, but c'mon really?

(Anyone has got a good meme of someone vomiting?) 

Didn't realise there was a brawl at last week's game. Was it even reported in the MSM or was it buried:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/six-cited-police-continue-investigations-as-huge-fight-breaks-out-at-mcg-following-collingwood-loss-ng-b881330728z

Seems as though even when they brawl they aren't guilty. Wish we had that much leniency shown to us:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-05/young-footy-fan-brawlers-avoid-conviction/11481406

8 minutes ago, Jukes75 said:

Didn't realise there was a brawl at last week's game. Was it even reported in the MSM or was it buried:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/six-cited-police-continue-investigations-as-huge-fight-breaks-out-at-mcg-following-collingwood-loss-ng-b881330728z

Seems as though even when they brawl they aren't guilty. Wish we had that much leniency shown to us:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-05/young-footy-fan-brawlers-avoid-conviction/11481406

With the AFL secret police watching all the reporters to make sure they report "correctly."  The reporters either get sent to The AFL Adjustment Bureau or have their accreditation revoked.

Edited by Paul01
Correction
1 hour ago, Ossified said:

Was a female officer too.

I note this part:

Police said they were generally happy with the behaviour of football fans in Richmond, despite flares being set off in the crowd.

43 evictions, at least 3 cases of people assaulting police, flares set off, but all is well. FMD can they be anymore obviously biased.

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

FMD, they are even talking about GWS on Business Weekend on Sky! CEO of the Business Council crapping on about how important the Giants have been for providing a sense of community for people in Western Sydney.  Says a guy came up to her and said "He didn't know what it was like to live in Australia until getting involved with GWS".  Now I don't live there, but c'mon really?

(Anyone has got a good meme of someone vomiting?) 

This is always my go to gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b761192a5d700696447f2e1

Edited by ManfredSchaefer

Oh that post about fan behaviour distracted me.  I came here to post this:

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/9/29/viewers-tune-in-as-richmond-demolish-giants-in-2019-afl-grand-final-aflgrandfinal

Swans spike the ratings, GWS bring them down lol.

Nearly as many people in Brisbane watched the game than Sydney. Even Adelaide over half and they have less than a quarter the population (and no team playing of course).

3 hours ago, SBW said:

I didn't watch the game yesterday... But 25pts?

Socceroos scored 31 goals against America Samoa

Mate, don't forget a goal  = 6 points.

I think the Giants had 3 goals.

It's no wonder there was violence at the ground. As we all know, low scoring means that everyone gets so bored they want to smash **** up.

22 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Was a female officer too.

I note this part:

Police said they were generally happy with the behaviour of football fans in Richmond, despite flares being set off in the crowd.

43 evictions, at least 3 cases of people assaulting police, flares set off, but all is well. FMD can they be anymore obviously biased.

This needs to be marked and referred to during the A-League season when the inevitable "issues" arise.

This article is brilliant 

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gws-live-site-a-sombre-affair-as-giants-blown-away-20190928-p52vre.html

#neversurrender 

(unless of course you are losing and you have to beat the traffic back to breakfast point) 

Just a quiet reminder that we had over 4000 rock up for a game played in the wee small hours of a Sunday morning, sitting around in Parra's town hall square watching a couple of big screens...

And those fookwits couldn't drag up half that number in the middle of a glorious spring Saturday arvo .

Clowns

57 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

This article is brilliant 

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gws-live-site-a-sombre-affair-as-giants-blown-away-20190928-p52vre.html

#neversurrender 

(unless of course you are losing and you have to beat the traffic back to breakfast point) 

Some knob said congrats to GWS on a great season....didn’t they come 6th???

4 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Did you get to that banner at Parra Town Hall 😂

Nah once they shut the front doors there was no way of getting up there, in that situation I reckon there's more to be gained by trying to convince the people who ok'd it that GWS aren't part of the furniture in the West.

More comparisons...

There is just something about a live site where people bring their own deck chairs that doesn't do it for me lol The fact the live site was at Olympic Park says it all...

44e653aeea38c04054d460b9866c7842bfa64dba

Those who were there will never forget....this is the benchmark for a live site that may never be beaten...

5860744-3x2-700x467.jpg

Edited by Erimus
2 minutes ago, Erimus said:

More comparisons...

There is just something about a live site where people bring their own deck chairs that doesn't do it for me lol The fact the live site was at Olympic Park says it all...

44e653aeea38c04054d460b9866c7842bfa64dba

Those who were there will never forget....this is the benchmark for a live site that may never be beaten...

5860744-3x2-700x467.jpg

Has to be said (and Pseudonym can corroborate) I brought my own chair for the Parra live site. No cold arse for me brother!

Actually the other live site I know of, though I wasn't there, that went off like a frog in a blender was when Sydney won the bid for the 2000 Olympics, way back in September 1993. 

Just now, Erimus said:

pffftttt, own ******* chair...I was stood getting a lung full of pyro in the photo above, was ******* ripped right next to me, I am in the middle of the brightest white bit... :D

Mate, after serving my country in the firestorm of Collector in 1985 I need to look after myself. No way I'm gonna let my weekend warrior veteran arse come a cropper down to a dodgy brick in the surface of the Church Street Mall :P

4 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Mate, after serving my country in the firestorm of Collector in 1985 I need to look after myself. No way I'm gonna let my weekend warrior veteran arse come a cropper down to a dodgy brick in the surface of the Church Street Mall :P

Actually I tell a lie....I had a David Jones wicker hamper basket with champagne and pate....

Found a link to a Roy Morgan survey on the differences between Richmond Tigers fans & Manuka Midgets fans...

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8143-afl-grand-final-tigers-vs-giants-june-2019-201909260606

Here's part of the info:

EFwsZ0ZVUAAcwlw?format=png&name=900x900

So next time you see that arsewipe who is driving a late model rebranded Holden SUV, sitting at 55 kph behind a taxi and listening to 2GB as they drive to Lane Cove National Park you can bet your bottom dollar it's a dickhead Giants fan