Football Media Discussion 2

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Thanks for the link. Simon Hill gets what football is. It was so good to hear him fire back at the AFL jock on the other end of the microphone. Summed up what many would feel especially about flares and the right of people to protest via T Shirts.

So true but who will hear his message? I'm not sure the guy who interviewed him understood, despite sometimes saying he did.

There it is. All you cheesed1cks that squeak ¨ammunition¨ everytime a flare or a scuffle involves the RBB, try explain to me where Hadley has been for the last couple  of months. Has he been trumpeting the glory of good, clean, wholesome soccer being produced weekly since September? Or has he given us barely a mention since RBB went incident free, the Squadron disbanded and the NT packed it in? Not a peep about his vision for strayan football materialised in full.

Those of you so quick to point the finger and screech childish, pre pubescent, wannabe etc., everytime you disagree with active support, tell me why only now Hadley is ripping back into us like the game has always been his life. Why does his expert analysis, so vital to the formation of personal opinion for some of you, only seem to be offered when there¨s a chance to stick the boot in? If you still believe violence, lawlessness and image are preventing his ilk from giving football a fair go, than you¨re just as lost to the cause as he is

1 minute ago, ColdRock said:

There it is. All you cheesed1cks that squeak ¨ammunition¨ everytime a flare or a scuffle involves the RBB, try explain to me where Hadley has been for the last couple  of months. Has he been trumpeting the glory of good, clean, wholesome soccer being produced weekly since September? Or has he given us barely a mention since RBB went incident free, the Squadron disbanded and the NT packed it in? Not a peep about his vision for strayan football materialised in full.

Those of you so quick to point the finger and screech childish, pre pubescent, wannabe etc., everytime you disagree with active support, tell me why only now Hadley is ripping back into us like the game has always been his life. Why does his expert analysis, so vital to the formation of personal opinion for some of you, only seem to be offered when there¨s a chance to stick the boot in? If you still believe violence, lawlessness and image are preventing his ilk from giving football a fair go, than you¨re just as lost to the cause as he is

Amen

9 hours ago, ColdRock said:

I used to be one of those that preached against flares on here - see previous posts 

But as you and others have pointed out - the last two years have been largely incident free and then one little thing now and it gets blown up again 

I'm with you on this

Funny the Facebook comments from people who I’m guessing don’t go to games.

”this is keeping Australians away from the games”

a) it isn’t the people that are their are Australians (you daft racists)

b) no flares for two years, where is this big influx of “mainstream” Australians

Symbolic isn’t it? that for football to get noticed in this country somebody has to stand up holding a marine distress signal 

Edited by StringerBellend
15 hours ago, sonar said:

Thanks for the link. Simon Hill gets what football is. It was so good to hear him fire back at the AFL jock on the other end of the microphone. Summed up what many would feel especially about flares and the right of people to protest via T Shirts.

He shoots himself in the foot though. He’ll happily go toe to toe with people like that in an interview but 5 mins later will write an unnecessarily dramatic article that those exact people that he’s arguing with, just use as ammo... 

10 hours ago, ColdRock said:

i wanna have sex with this post

The flare is the only ******* thing that has these pricks emerge from the sewers to comment on.

As Ray Gatt tweeted to me, the flare was the talking point. If it wasn't there, would they talk about the wandering Cove (lel) members trying to get in, or the 4 cops knocking down on one guy? Maybe, but not as much as this **** storm causes.

I would of thought that the way the RBB is treated by the law, the club, the media and the FFA, the last thing you would want to do is start another war. A war the vested interests who oppose active support and football in general, will make sure they win. To me it just seems to inspire those people to be bigger chunts to us than they already are.

3 hours ago, hughsey said:

(Serious question) How can you trademark something you didn’t even create? 

Not sure but here is how it is to be applied

"You must use, or intend to use, the trade mark in relation to the goods or services included in the application."

So it must be for merchandise. 

11 hours ago, Paul01 said:

My agency does a lot of trademark work for clients. Classes 16, 25 and 28 are certainly for merchandise, but class 41 is very broad. 

If approved, the production of merchandise bearing WE SING FOR WANDERERS would be a violation of trademark. What is interesting is that the FFA own the Intellectual Property
trademarks of the entire club. If you search for WANDERERS here - https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/quick you'll see they (FFA) own the lot. I would have expected that once the club was sold to its current owners that those IP assets would have been transferred - as they are a valuable (intangible) brand asset. If they (trademarks) where not included in the sale then that is a major **** up by the owners. Functionally the owners would be required to pay the FFA licensing fees for the use of its own name, logo marks, etc.

From an opposition perspective, I would go with a History of Use claim if you wanted to protect the "WE SING FOR WANDERERS" word mark. If you can prove that the phrase has been in use by a party (e.g. RBB) for a consecutive period (I think 5 years) prior you have entitlement under IP law to have a preference over the marks registration. The problem here is that the RBB are potentially not a registered body? 

Additionally if the term creates confusion - meaning it has the potential to conflict with another registered trademark, then that owner can submit an objection. 

Cheers.

6 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

My agency does a lot of trademark work for clients. Classes 16, 25 and 28 are certainly for merchandise, but class 41 is very broad. 

If approved, the production of merchandise bearing WE SING FOR WANDERERS would be a violation of trademark. What is interesting is that the FFA own the Intellectual Property
trademarks of the entire club. If you search for WANDERERS here - https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/quick you'll see they (FFA) own the lot. I would have expected that once the club was sold to its current owners that those IP assets would have been transferred - as they are a valuable (intangible) brand asset. If they (trademarks) where not included in the sale then that is a major **** up by the owners. Functionally the owners would be required to pay the FFA licensing fees for the use of its own name, logo marks, etc.

From an opposition perspective, I would go with a History of Use claim if you wanted to protect the "WE SING FOR WANDERERS" word mark. If you can prove that the phrase has been in use by a party (e.g. RBB) for a consecutive period (I think 5 years) prior you have entitlement under IP law to have a preference over the marks registration. The problem here is that the RBB are potentially not a registered body? 

Additionally if the term creates confusion - meaning it has the potential to conflict with another registered trademark, then that owner can submit an objection. 

Cheers.

FFA own the IP assets of all the A-League franchises.

5 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Hearing victory fans ripping flares on Swann st 3 point deduction $50,000 fine hahahahhahaha guys might expect some pyro this Melb derby

You seem to be forgetting why this three points deduction threat has been hanging over our heads for more than four years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZHbNTYSuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuCobSiJcl0

I may just be that in Brazil this is considered "not much". In Australia it is a big deal though. Like in just about every Western country, really. The BL1, 2, and 3 clubs combined paid fines of 1.6 million Euro in 2016/17. 

FFA is not killing the club, but pyros are.

Gotta love the Fox Sports moral compass. The main story on the website is about the Melbourne derby. “The match the A-League needed after week of turmoil. After a week where the A-League was plunged into disrepute, the action on the park in the Melbourne derby reminded what there is to love about Aussie football.”

Next story: “Re-live the brawl”.

First video: “Tempers flare in derby”.

21 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Just heard the ABC guys discuss a snippet of football (not his AFL).

He quoted Ernie Merrick saying that Jordi Buijs should get an Oscar for his performance on Saturday forvthe O'Donovan red card. Well said Ernie

It was totally over the top, the rolling round on the floor was funny. But It was a red card. 

The other funny thing was later he was doing the whole puffing chest out trying to act tough to NTS, seemed a bit of a contradiction to me. And he has **** hair

1 hour ago, GunnerWanderer said:

For as bad as things are here it’s still 14 trillions times better than At arsenal 

i can bare much more I’ve done ten years of accepting **** 

Try supporting everton we haven’t won anything since mid 90s and the last time we were good as late 80s

we now have Sam Allardyce as manager 

• mack locked this topic