Football Media Discussion 2

1 hour ago, HillsPanther said:

You're probably right. Our telstra internet has never seemed the same after we lost our internet for over a week after a storm last year. Telstra doesn't seem interested in helping us out. Great customer service. 😡

Bastards. Im on myrepublic and have no complaints. Great connection never had to deal with them so cant comment on their service. 

13 hours ago, HillsPanther said:

You're probably right. Our telstra internet has never seemed the same after we lost our internet for over a week after a storm last year. Telstra doesn't seem interested in helping us out. Great customer service. 😡

No surprise there.  Don't forget that Telstra are part owners of Foxtel along with Newscorp.

Just saw an ad on CH10 advertising FTA for tonight and tomorrow nights A league games. I thought they were showing Sat game omly.......? Good move if true.

Just checked online TV guide....A League tonight 7.30  Ch10 Bold ( CH1 or CH12 )

Edited by sonar
  • 4 weeks later...

Just listened to a new pod (For me anyway) The Football Revolution.

Interesting discussion on Wanderers club, community engagement and a few other matters on last week's pod. 

Interesting that Melbourne Victory and Heartle$$ discard, Christian Cavallo, like us. 22 years old and a left back and happy to change cities. Could we replace Mahazi as NPL rookie and Llorente in one hit? Then Cordier and Cavallo could fight out for left back.

On 3 January 2019 at 6:28 PM, Neverbloom said:

lol they mentioned us for a few seconds but Bossi is a complete hack, i expected better from mel

On 2 January 2019 at 9:31 PM, Smoggy said:

Pretty much what Bossi was saying.

Sometimes you can't help but see what dribble he is going to write, sometimes he can write a decent article generally when the Wanderers aren't the subject. Then every so often you get duped into reading as your interest is peaked with Wanderers in the headline. Incredible how pissed off you get between intertwining some facts (Wanderers walked out, yes well done, that's what they did) but because members were unjustly banned not because we were losing :rolleyes:

That would require him to do some research, like a proper journalist. 

On 7 January 2019 at 9:18 PM, StringerBellend said:

I’ve had no problems with Kayo 

Yes, as with most steaming services it is very dependent on your connection. As we discovered with Optus during the WC, it's not the only factor.

21 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

C9 news reported SFC winning W League.  And also raised the speculation that their coach Ante Milicic could be the next Matilda's coach!!!!!!!

For christ's sake!

Effnik names are all the same 

If the ffa didn’t get in writing from fox that if they put a team west of melb will they get the money they don’t deserve a cent for being **** amateurs 

unless I’m mistaken this team will be playing in Geelong next season 

Geelong is NOT Melbourne 

it’s like calling central coast Sydney or Wollongong Sydney 

that’s how far it is, I’m not really sure why anyone is surprised Foxtel is doing this who wants to pay 5 million if Gallop was too stupid to ask 

Geelong is only temporary - granted I do believe that they shouldn’t have been entered into the competition until their (imaginary) stadium is ready in Melbourne - face is though, they are a Melbourne team. I still think this is petty. If Fox simply came out and said that they just don’t see value in rewarding a further $5m to the FFA then so be it. I just think they’re starting to **** us over to be perfectly honest and it’s been building gradually for a while now them doing this.

Match fixing in Victorian NPL

Police will allege the men attempted to fix the match between Dandenong Thunder and Melbourne City's under-20 team in the National Premier Leagues second division on August 19, 2017.

The match at Bundoora — City's home ground in Melbourne's north — finished 2-2.

Within days, a police investigation was launched which resulted in players, officials and referees being interviewed. The focus of the investigation was the conduct of Dandenong Thunder.

Officials from the club declined multiple requests to speak with the ABC, which has been aware of the police investigation since late 2017.

Former coaches who were employed by the club during the 2017 season were either shocked that the Thunder was being investigated, or declined to comment.

Gianfranco Impellizzeri, the coach during the season, which ended with the club being promoted to the National Premier Leagues Victoria, denied all knowledge of the match fixing investigation when contacted by the ABC in May last year.

The club won the NPL Victoria East title in the same season as the alleged match fixing.

The Victoria Police Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit, Purana Taskforce and Queensland Police Major and Organised Crime Squad, were involved in the investigation.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said a 54-year-old from Essendon North has been charged on summons with engaging in conduct that corrupts or would corrupt a betting outcome, and facilitating conduct that corrupts or would corrupt a betting outcome.

He will appear at Melbourne Magistrates' Court on March 29.

A 52-year-old from the Gold Coast has also been charged by Queensland Police with facilitating match fixing conduct.

He will appear at Southport Magistrates' Court, also on March 29.

No suggestion of crime syndicate involvement

It is believed to be only the second time match fixing charges have been laid in relation to a football league in Australia.

In 2013, multiple players and a coach at the Southern Stars, based in Melbourne's outer south-east, were charged with sports corruption offences.

Those offences in the Victorian Premier League were linked to Wilson Raj Perumal, one of the world's most notorious match fixers.

There is no suggestion the alleged offenders in the Thunder-City match are linked to similar international crime syndicates.

Social media is awash with allegations regarding the lower tiers of Australian soccer, including dozens of accounts which claim to have prior knowledge of thrown matches.

But many of these accounts are suspected of being scams, designed to ensnare those keen to make a quick buck by offering a seemingly irresistible bet: gambling on a fixed match.

People with knowledge of the Dandenong Thunder investigation, who spoke to the ABC on condition of anonymity, described the alleged conduct as not "clear cut" match fixing, and said the complicated police probe involved a huge number of potential witnesses.

The Thunder were 2-0 up after 12 minutes in the alleged fixed match, but City scored in the 27th and 55th minutes to draw 2-2.

It was the second last match of the season, with the Thunder finishing on top of the table that season 20 points clear of City in third.

As the Thunder has been assured of the title, given they were seven points clear of the second placed team before the match, there was no incentive for them to win.

The match featured several big names in Australian soccer, including Melbourne City striker Daniel Arzani, and former Socceroo and then-Thunder defender Simon Colosimo.

There is no suggestion any players involved in the match are alleged to have committed a sports corruption offence.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-26/police-to-charge-men-over-alleged-match-fixing-in-npl/10848388

Has anyone seen this?? Chairman worried about foxtel deal.......some quotes I find a bit disturbing. I understand things aren't easy, but it seems he is more worried about team owners revenue stream than the club he owns. if crowds are down, the product is not good enough. I think our crowds reflect that. Maybe the classic case of diverting attention to something else to cover other problems ....

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFpbd_tz9HCdpFd9JkXDvIAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowgNjvCjCC3s8BMMianAY?hl=en-AU&gl=AU&ceid=AU%3Aen

On 26/02/2019 at 2:13 PM, colhil said:

Has anyone seen this?? Chairman worried about foxtel deal.......some quotes I find a bit disturbing. I understand things aren't easy, but it seems he is more worried about team owners revenue stream than the club he owns. if crowds are down, the product is not good enough. I think our crowds reflect that. Maybe the classic case of diverting attention to something else to cover other problems ....

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFpbd_tz9HCdpFd9JkXDvIAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowgNjvCjCC3s8BMMianAY?hl=en-AU&gl=AU&ceid=AU%3Aen

I re-read the article multiple times to make sure I didn’t miss anything and at no point is there even a hint of that... 

100% Hughsey

Foxtel trying to squirm out of deal because the team doesn’t have “Melbourne” in it. There is almost zero chance of them pulling it off. I think it says more the mindset of Foxtel rather than anything else (ratings have flopped, how can we get out of paying an extra $5m)

20 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I have a question, why are the Matilda's games not on the anti-siphoning list?

They play on Sunday and it's not on FTA.

If the FFA want more girls playing the game, surely the match should be on FTA.

The matches aren't deemed important enough 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

I have a question, why are the Matilda's games not on the anti-siphoning list?

They play on Sunday and it's not on FTA.

If the FFA want more girls playing the game, surely the match should be on FTA.

ALL national team sports should on the anti siphoning list but it's like the cricket if the fed govt of the day can be persuaded any laws regarding siphonning can be by-passed or ignored.....a la ODI cricket they will allow it.

• mack locked this topic