Football Media Discussion 2

5 hours ago, Taurus said:

Security guards are used to giving orders & don't normally take kindly to being told otherwise

Herein lies the problem. 

Security guards should be used to facilitate a positive experience for people i.e. being helpful instead of just giving orders.

Then they wouldn't have people disagreeing with them in an unfriendly way, and so they wouldn't "take unkindly" to so many situations.

2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/foxtel-scrambles-to-keep-subscribers-after-game-of-thrones-finale-20190520-p51pd4.html

So looks like we know why Foxtel is cutting costs. Looks like along with no Game of thrones a lot of subscribers will end their subscription with Foxtel.

I am included here

Why am I going to pay $25 per month (or $15 after discount) when I can get a wider variety of show on Netflix for less than that? And if the selling differentiator is the live TV, the only good thing on it is probably the news channels - but that’s what ABC and SBS are for

7 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I am included here

Why am I going to pay $25 per month (or $15 after discount) when I can get a wider variety of show on Netflix for less than that? And if the selling differentiator is the live TV, the only good thing on it is probably the news channels - but that’s what ABC and SBS are for

A lot of people at my work only had it for Game of thrones and will cancel subscription with Foxtel this week and continue with Netflix or Stan. 

On 21/05/2019 at 1:19 PM, Sithslayer1991 said:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/foxtel-scrambles-to-keep-subscribers-after-game-of-thrones-finale-20190520-p51pd4.html

So looks like we know why Foxtel is cutting costs. Looks like along with no Game of thrones a lot of subscribers will end their subscription with Foxtel.

Isn't it funny how they conveniently leave out certain figures and details... Bit like how they wont release Kayo streaming figures...

"Foxtel declined to say how many customers had signed up ahead of the cult series, or how many customers had cancelled."

#ALeague clubs fear another season under FFA control thanks to State Feds by @JohnStensholt 
John Stensholt12:00AM May 23, 2019
Wanderers chairman Paul Lederer doesn’t want another A-League season under FFA control
Wanderers chairman Paul Lederer doesn’t want another A-League season under FFA control
Concerns are mounting that soccer officials will fail to strike a deal to make the A-League independent of governing body Football Federation Australia by a June 30 deadline, with clubs and state federations at loggerheads.
Clubs have warned, if they do not wrest control of the league, it could experience another season of declining popularity and put at risk future sponsorship and commercial deals.
Western Sydney Wanderers chairman Paul Lederer, who is also the chairman of the clubs’ association, said it would be “catastrophic” for the A-League to experience another season under FFA management.
The looming June 30 deadline has galvanised the sport’s state and member federations, who have the majority say in a vote on a deal and are determined to extract financial and corporate governance concessions from the clubs.
Those include possible compensation flowing to the member federations, who are arguing for board representation on an independent league, a certain percentage of the league remaining owned by FFA and even club owners having to pay compensation to states when they sell their clubs.
Other sticking points between the clubs and federations remain the share from the $346 million TV revenue from Fox Sports, which still has four seasons to run on the current deal, commercial rights, ownership of intellectual property, structure of the new competition and the relationship between professional clubs and the game’s grassroots. 

Whole thing is a mess. There is no real outright winner that will be good for the game. No one wants pro/rel because it affects their revenue stream. Everyone out for themselves.

They are too focused on the Foxtel money and trying to appease them, instead of getting their **** together and getting a proper pyramid structure in place. The broadcast deal will follow once everything is sorted. 

Football Federation Australia (FFA), in collaboration with the Hyundai A-League clubs, the PFA and major broadcaster FOX SPORTS, has finalised the competition window for the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season.

The Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season will start on Friday 11 October 2019 with the Hyundai A-League 2020 Grand Final to be held on the weekend 16/17 May.

FFA Head of Leagues, Greg O’Rourke, said the entry of Western United FC into the Hyundai A-League for the first time, combined with the scheduling of the AFC U-23 Championship 2020 in January, which also serves as the qualifying tournament for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, meant that a unique mix of challenges needed to be accommodated for the upcoming season.

“For the past eight seasons we have had 10 clubs who have played each other three times over 27 Rounds,” said O’Rourke.

“With the introduction of Western United FC into the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season we needed to facilitate a bye each round. As we look to maintain a season window which amplifies the potential of football in Australia, the presence of a bye necessitates that we apply a new format to the competition.“This season, clubs will play each other twice with and additional six matches per club that will see some clubs play each other three times over 29 rounds. A methodology has also been agreed as to determine the additional six matches.

“The Hyundai A-League 2020 Finals Series will remain the same as the previous edition with Elimination Finals (3v6 & 4v5), Semi Finals (1 v lowest ranked winner from Elimination Finals, 2 v highest ranked winner from Elimination Finals,) and a Grand Final.

“Similar to last season we activated a joint FFA/Clubs Competitions Calendar Working Group, tasked with considering and assessing the unique scheduling challenges for the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season.

"Following extensive discussions over recent months and assessment of the Hyundai A-League 2018/19 Season data, we collectively decided it is in the best interests of the Hyundai A-League to play through the international breaks this season, with the possibility of rescheduling matches should a certain number of players from a team be unavailable for selection due to certain international duties.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the clubs, the PFA and FOX SPORTS for their genuine input and support for collaboration with FFA on determining the optimal competition format for the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season.

“With this decision made, detailed work commences on the draw process and we are looking to release the final version of the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season draw in July.

“In collaboration with our stakeholders, we will be focussed on developing a schedule which will amplify broadcast and attendance metrics, support club growth initiatives whilst providing a fair and equitable fixture schedule for all clubs that also meets key player welfare principles,” said O’Rourke.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering there is no 'Leeds" thread atm, I couldn't think of any where else to put this.

Below is a copy of an email from Ticketek re issuing of tickets for the game on 20th July that I received yesterday.

"Dear Ticket Holder,

Please be advised the print suppression has been extended for this event, with tickets to be distributed via your selected delivery method from Thursday 20 June.

Enjoy the show!

Regards,
Ticketek
www.ticketek.com"

40 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Don't know where to post this.

Real Madrid presented Eden Hazard to the fans....50,000 to watch him juggle the ball for 5 min........the A league struggle to get close to that for the grand final

Do Real Madrid have any genuine fans who aren’t tourists, Teenagers on fifa or Indians in the comment section though?

• mack locked this topic