Football Media Discussion 2

6 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

why couldn't they play this **** against victory

Because

a) this is an exhibition game, and

b) they are playing a team that is slightly better than Victory.

These games are a problem for the A-league. The last thing that we need is all the Eurosnobs talking about how the team that was nearly undefeated are getting pumped. The FFA should ban these games. Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool blah blah blah blah

If that guy did that intentionally and is now sitting back laughing at the ruckus he and the commentators caused, then he's a genius.

I think that it was meant to be stupid, but not quite that stupid. Not sure.

I do find it funny that so many people are angered about the coverage, as if that was the thing about tonight that was most disrespectful to the game in Australia.

25 minutes ago, DinoPresinger said:

I've only seen whats been shared on Facebook of that loser from last night but he's about as funny as a heart attack. 

Apparently even Ray Hadley commented on how dreadful they were and lacking in respect. They must have really been bad... 

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

And yet another blow is delivered to the progress of the aleague...

Until last night, I had never attended one of these exhibition games before as I've had no interest. I've followed Liverpool since I was a little kid and while I don't claim to be anywhere near the worlds biggest fan or have anywhere near the obsession that I do for WSW, I still went along cause I've never seen them play and wanted to tick it off my list until I can get to Anfield one day. Plus I fluked $29 tickets, I refused to and am glad I didn't pay anything more than that. 

I knew it would be cringe worthy but I wasn't prepared enough obviously. Where do I even start? It was ******* abysmal the whole event. After YNWA was finished (which I was looking forward to but left incredibly disappointed because too many people were either filming it or just sung at their own pace...), it was as if 95% of the stadium couldn't maintain their focus any longer and that was that. The place was like a morgue and no one had any interest in joining in any Liverpool chants that were attempted at getting started up. Then came the mexican wave and the inevitable paper planes which grown men and women were absolutely losing their **** over like it was the best thing to happen all week for them. Then in the 75th minute half the stadium began pissing off home. 

Wtf is wrong with people? Sydney Siders would have to be THE most pathetic sport attendees in the world. No wonder most Sydney sporting teams have pretty dodgy attendance figures, most people can't even maintain commitment or interest in a single game let alone a season... I'm glad these people aren't coming to the A-League to be honest. Please stay far, far away if thats what it's gonna be like. 

My full respect to every person in attendance last night wearing their sky blue gear and supporting their local team.

Arsenal games will be just as bad.

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Until last night, I had never attended one of these exhibition games before as I've had no interest. I've followed Liverpool since I was a little kid and while I don't claim to be anywhere near the worlds biggest fan or have anywhere near the obsession that I do for WSW, I still went along cause I've never seen them play and wanted to tick it off my list until I can get to Anfield one day. Plus I fluked $29 tickets, I refused to and am glad I didn't pay anything more than that.

Same here, except I have been lucky enough to make it to Anfield (and is one of the reasons I didn't go last night or down the Melbourne the time before that). Completely amazing experience (for a Liverpool supporter anyhow).

Your suffering last night will make it all the more worth while when you finally do get to Anfield too. 

I'm sorry but this hysterical crucifying of the coverage shows exactly why football deserves to be where it is today. We can't take a ******* joke. 

ABC recognized what we've all been saying for years, that these games are a joke, a circus put on for the plastics so they treated it as one.

They got comedians in to do comedy. It wasn't funny but I don't think they deserve death threats for doing their jobs poorly when they had little time to prepare on a low budget with an unconventional brief.

The thing that pisses me off the most about the reaction to Chen's interview is that it's clearly a joke but no one stopped to think. Instead they hurl abuse at him.

FFS please think before you type

1 hour ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Same here, except I have been lucky enough to make it to Anfield (and is one of the reasons I didn't go last night or down the Melbourne the time before that). Completely amazing experience (for a Liverpool supporter anyhow).

Your suffering last night will make it all the more worth while when you finally do get to Anfield too. 

Been to Anfield numerous times, overrated, unless you are there for a big Euro night. But I guess if they are your team and all that, but as a stadium it is very underwhelming. 

Edited by WSWBoro

I hope when we play Arsenal it's a bit better, I am massively regretting buying a ticket 

My hope for the Arsenal game is

Out fans turn up, especially active and we  out sing them start to finish, which shouldn't be hard as Arsenal are not exactly know for their atmosphere

The team on the pitch get stuck in and give a good account of themselves.

On and off the pitch we show some pride in being WSW

Anyone have a view on how likely that is to happen? I'm not feeling optimistic 

As for last night

- I know they were trying to be funny, they weren't 

- respect to any smurfs who turned up in sky blue

- where was there support

- why didn't Matt simon kick anybody? 

11 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Been to Anfield numerous times, overrated, unless you are there for a big Euro night. But I guess if they are your team and all that, but as a stadium it is very underwhelming. 

Goodison is where it's at

Anfield is full of Norwegians singing a song in a second language

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/sydney/ffa-disappointed-with-abc2s-coverage-of-liverpool-v-sydney-fc-which-fans-deemed-disastrous/news-story/b05e2a0873c93bf3d8149868826812a3

The statements from the ABC and the FFA in response to the criticism of the coverage of the match last night.

Reading the article it seems to suggest that the coverage was hastily put together at the last minute which might go some way to explain the problems.

Interesting that they have not locked in a broadcaster for the Arsenal games.

Edited by FCWanderers
3 hours ago, hughsey said:

I knew it would be cringe worthy but I wasn't prepared enough obviously. Where do I even start? It was ******* abysmal the whole event. After YNWA was finished (which I was looking forward to but left incredibly disappointed because too many people were either filming it or just sung at their own pace...), it was as if 95% of the stadium couldn't maintain their focus any longer and that was that. The place was like a morgue and no one had any interest in joining in any Liverpool chants that were attempted at getting started up. Then came the mexican wave and the inevitable paper planes which grown men and women were absolutely losing their **** over like it was the best thing to happen all week for them. Then in the 75th minute half the stadium began pissing off home. 

Wtf is wrong with people? Sydney Siders would have to be THE most pathetic sport attendees in the world. No wonder most Sydney sporting teams have pretty dodgy attendance figures, most people can't even maintain commitment or interest in a single game let alone a season... I'm glad these people aren't coming to the A-League to be honest. Please stay far, far away if thats what it's gonna be like. 

My full respect to every person in attendance last night wearing their sky blue gear and supporting their local team.

not going to lie i left around the 65th minute(saved me $50 so i think it was the right decision) and there was already about 30 people who already were on the train away from the match

• mack locked this topic