Jump to content

Football Media Discussion 2


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Not marquee enough for the FFA. As much as man love him, there ain't a club that could afford him. I'd say China will get him.

He should meet the criteria set at Oxford St "Must have played in the English Premier League"

Link to post
23 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

The FFA shouldn't help any team gain an advantage over another. 

 

Exactly. Why was Cahill partly funded by the FFA to supposedly advantage City over any other club? The only person who was happy about that was ******* Yoshi. The little **** was born and bred in western Sydney. Yet, chose a Melbourne team to support.

The FFA have no ******* idea how to market this sport.

Link to post

Torres will go MLS or China before us and only team that could sign him is $hity or esfc but esfc have bobo already. Looking at $5mil plus for Torres to come here and no club will fork out that much unless $hity take a gamble that he will actually put bums on seats but still not financially viable at that price.

Link to post

I don’t think China is competition to us anymore. It’s well documented now the way they turn on foreigners when the going gets tough.

Zlatan said it himself, he just wants to play and be happy, hence why he chose the MLS over the CSL and took a $97m pay cut. 

The MLS as always is our sole competitor. We need to sell lifestyle to these blokes cause that’s something we can go toe to toe with anyone over. As Zlatan said, no amount of money can replace happiness.

Link to post
2 hours ago, hughsey said:

I don’t think China is competition to us anymore. It’s well documented now the way they turn on foreigners when the going gets tough.

Zlatan said it himself, he just wants to play and be happy, hence why he chose the MLS over the CSL and took a $97m pay cut. 

The MLS as always is our sole competitor. We need to sell lifestyle to these blokes cause that’s something we can go toe to toe with anyone over. As Zlatan said, no amount of money can replace happiness.

Geez it helps doesn't it. I don't even think we got the lifestyle angle any longer. Costs more to live in Sydney than f***in New York. Also if youre based in the US it's comparable to get to the Bahamas as easily as it is to the Whitsundays

Link to post
3 hours ago, hughsey said:

I don’t think China is competition to us anymore. It’s well documented now the way they turn on foreigners when the going gets tough.

Zlatan said it himself, he just wants to play and be happy, hence why he chose the MLS over the CSL and took a $97m pay cut. 

The MLS as always is our sole competitor. We need to sell lifestyle to these blokes cause that’s something we can go toe to toe with anyone over. As Zlatan said, no amount of money can replace happiness.

Zlatan also wants to be a Hollywood star, which lets face it he walks on the park for LA and he starts trending on Youtube, Facebook and Twitter for the MLS, his goals alone got 14 million views within 24 hours. That's marketing you can't buy.

Link to post
Just now, matty said:

From the article :

"On February 2017, FFA stopped plans for expansion because they said that the A-League and W-League was financially unviable, 12 months later expansion is back on.

What's changed?" 

They need the state federations and the AAFC on their side for the upcoming congress reforms, so they'll do whatever back flips they can to keep themselves in power.

Probably trying to get the general football public onside as well.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Davo said:

They need the state federations and the AAFC on their side for the upcoming congress reforms, so they'll do whatever back flips they can to keep themselves in power.

Probably trying to get the general football public onside as well.

I just love that someone is calling them out so bluntly

Link to post
2 hours ago, Davo said:

 

To think we were so desperate to whore ourselves to commercial free to air. They really couldn’t give a toss about us. They can’t even be bothered doing a master chef tie in, or having Bersart Berisha on Studio 10

Football belong on SBS with Craig and Lucy 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

To think we were so desperate to whore ourselves to commercial free to air. They really couldn’t give a toss about us. They can’t even be bothered doing a master chef tie in, or having Bersart Berisha on Studio 10

Football belong on SBS with Craig and Lucy 

Is it that that the mainstream, including commercial TV couldn't give a toss about us? Is it that FFA aren't spending on marketing? Is it that there are key people in power who are using that power to subdue our code by whatever means necessary to keep theirs the mainstream? So many questions

Link to post
1 hour ago, Ken said:

Is it that that the mainstream, including commercial TV couldn't give a toss about us? Is it that FFA aren't spending on marketing? Is it that there are key people in power who are using that power to subdue our code by whatever means necessary to keep theirs the mainstream? So many questions

All of the above

Personally I think we should care less about mainstream acceptance. It’s not going to happen for generations here anyway 

We are the Clash not Coldplay

We aren’t KFC we are El Jannah and / or Frangoes  

Link to post
On 12/04/2018 at 3:50 PM, beatsurrender said:

I agree about owning stadia and facilities but let’s face it, unless there is an enormous rework of government policy across pretty much every state then that’s not possible, even if clubs had endless funds.

If they expanded the competition in seasons 13/14, 14/15 when the A-league was on the up then this wouldn’t be a problem. It’s the fact they didn’t expand early enough that’s making expanding now hard.

Link to post

In the past few days I found out that Talking Lifestyle 2UE has changed to Macquarie Sports Radio - a 24 hr sports radio  station.

I just thought I would put it on and have a listen to see what it was like. FMD!!!

Talking AFL at first and about some sexual harassment claim by a female employee at the Fremantle Dockers. The statement "swept under the carpet" was used. FMD!

Then talking about 2 ANZAC blockbusters at the MCG, and the discussion turned to is the MCG the greatest stadium in the world? Unanimously.....yes of course it is. Someone mentioned "European "soccer" stadiums like the Bernabeau, and the subject was immediately changed. FMD!

I was just about to turn it off but they said there was a sports update coming up, so I thought I'd listen to see if they mentioned the A-league. They sure did.

Only spoke about the Wanderers missing the finals. Said Gombau is probably on his way out (wrong) after his poor season after being appointed 1 week before the season started (wrong). Then went on to say (paraphrasing) (person 1) "Gee, you wouldn't want to upset those Wanderers fans." (person 2) "Yeh, you'd probably cop a bag of bolts in the eyes". Then went on to say something about remand centres.

Needless to say, I will never ever, be listening to that station again. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Wanderboy
Link to post
On 16/04/2018 at 2:02 PM, Wanderboy said:

In the past few days I found out that Talking Lifestyle 2UE has changed to Macquarie Sports Radio - a 24 hr sports radio  station.

I just thought I would put it on and have a listen to see what it was like. FMD!!!

Talking AFL at first and about some sexual harassment claim by a female employee at the Fremantle Dockers. The statement "swept under the carpet" was used. FMD!

Then talking about 2 ANZAC blockbusters at the MCG, and the discussion turned to is the MCG the greatest stadium in the world? Unanimously.....yes of course it is. Someone mentioned "European "soccer" stadiums like the Bernabeau, and the subject was immediately changed. FMD!

I was just about to turn it off but they said there was a sports update coming up, so I thought I'd listen to see if they mentioned the A-league. They sure did.

Only spoke about the Wanderers missing the finals. Said Gombau is probably on his way out (wrong) after his poor season after being appointed 1 week before the season started (wrong). Then went on to say (paraphrasing) (person 1) "Gee, you wouldn't want to upset those Wanderers fans." (person 2) "Yeh, you'd probably cop a bag of bolts in the eyes". Then went on to say something about remand centres.

Needless to say, I will never ever, be listening to that station again. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I’ve been listening to it on and off since it became a sport station. Now that the Comm games are over, they’ve lost half their content... they could do so much with it but seem to just do the same things. Pretty awkward that no one is ringing in either 

Link to post
13 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I’ve been listening to it on and off since it became a sport station. Now that the Comm games are over, they’ve lost half their content... they could do so much with it but seem to just do the same things. Pretty awkward that no one is ringing in either 

Dont forget they are the other half of the shock jock station 2GB so Alan Jones is a co-owner.

Link to post
On 16/04/2018 at 2:02 PM, Wanderboy said:

In the past few days I found out that Talking Lifestyle 2UE has changed to Macquarie Sports Radio - a 24 hr sports radio  station.

I just thought I would put it on and have a listen to see what it was like. FMD!!!

Talking AFL at first and about some sexual harassment claim by a female employee at the Fremantle Dockers. The statement "swept under the carpet" was used. FMD!

Then talking about 2 ANZAC blockbusters at the MCG, and the discussion turned to is the MCG the greatest stadium in the world? Unanimously.....yes of course it is. Someone mentioned "European "soccer" stadiums like the Bernabeau, and the subject was immediately changed. FMD!

I was just about to turn it off but they said there was a sports update coming up, so I thought I'd listen to see if they mentioned the A-league. They sure did.

Only spoke about the Wanderers missing the finals. Said Gombau is probably on his way out (wrong) after his poor season after being appointed 1 week before the season started (wrong). Then went on to say (paraphrasing) (person 1) "Gee, you wouldn't want to upset those Wanderers fans." (person 2) "Yeh, you'd probably cop a bag of bolts in the eyes". Then went on to say something about remand centres.

Needless to say, I will never ever, be listening to that station again. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

It’s the main problem for football in this country you have media like that hate us.

The you have the abc that don’t even bother reporting that we exist.

watched abc news Monday morning, showed city winning the epl, Grand Prix, afl and league we never got a mention 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...