Sign in to follow this  
mack

Football Media Discussion 2

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Okon sounded liked a bit of a sourpuss during his commentary of the WSW v Leeds game, always banging on about Wanderers needing to play possesion football.  I wonder if he is still bitter about how things went for him at the Mariners.

Okon has always been a sourpuss. Obviously his career was played out far from here but I doubt his demeanour helped him. Amazing skill, negative personality.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

22 hours ago, Burztur said:

That's exactly how it works.

I think you'll find we're discussing the nuance of a day to day relationship amongst employees within an organisation (the club). Gat will have influence outside any specific job description - the consequences of that is what we're mulling over, thanks champion. 

What did everyone think of 'Santo, Sam and Ed'?  I had a good laugh at that series, and my Mrs. who doesn't follow football and who's English isn't the best enjoyed it too.

The club have identified a need to refresh their media strategy & Ray will add vast experience to our media team.

I've not spoken to him about the specifics of his role, since he advised me he'd accepted the job a couple of weeks ago. CCM also expressed an interest in wanting to speak with Ray, but their interest came in the day's after he'd been recruited by us.  

20 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

What did everyone think of 'Santo, Sam and Ed'?  I had a good laugh at that series, and my Mrs. who doesn't follow football and who's English isn't the best enjoyed it too.

Yeah, good show,  always looked forward to it.

1 hour ago, matty said:

I think you'll find we're discussing the nuance of a day to day relationship amongst employees within an organisation (the club). Gat will have influence outside any specific job description - the consequences of that is what we're mulling over, thanks champion. 

Agree that Gatt will have a huge influence inside and outside the club when it comes to media matters.

1 hour ago, LeeMarvin said:

What? They back? Where, when?

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

The club have identified a need to refresh their media strategy & Ray will add vast experience to our media team.

I've not spoken to him about the specifics of his role, since he advised me he'd accepted the job a couple of weeks ago. CCM also expressed an interest in wanting to speak with Ray, but their interest came in the day's after he'd been recruited by us.  

Beats the Mariners raiding our Academy.

23 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

What? They back? Where, when?

Nah sorry mate, was just taking a stroll through memory lane.

What was the similar format show that SBS did?  Lucy Zelic looked like she absolutely despised the make co-compare.

Matt Okine?

Santo, Sam and Ed its been 9 years since 2010 and then their A-league special and the ended in 2018 with their Russia World cup podcast and we still talk about their show. Still the best football show that we ever had. I watch "have you been paying attention" just for Sam

1 hour ago, marron said:

Matt Okine?

Yeah that's the one!

6 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Nah sorry mate, was just taking a stroll through memory lane.

What was the similar format show that SBS did?  Lucy Zelic looked like she absolutely despised the make co-compare.

Thursday FC

Less said the better.

On 21/07/2019 at 11:20 AM, scarcev said:

How do we feel about having Ray Gatt as our new media advisor??

I think it is a great move by the club, we all know how much a battering we take at any incident big or small, so good to have someone from the media can dictate how we respond to such incidents. I imagine it goes much further than that, including our strategy with the media outside of those incidents (the good stories, player interviews & other types interactions with the media especially messages we want to send out)

I imagine half his job will be calling up bossi to correct him on the numerous factual errors & statements that seem to creep into every article he writes.

On 21/07/2019 at 11:31 PM, mack said:

His job is going to be 99% working with the football media.

I’m not so sure, yes he will be feeding the press bits & pieces but I can’t see his job 99% working with the football media.

On 22/07/2019 at 8:47 AM, Edinburgh said:

He can write the stories to suit us and give them to the "journalists" to publish. They don't have to do any actual journalism and we get what we want published.  Win win.

He no longer works for the Australian, but I’m sure as a freelance journalist he might throw a few pieces out here & there.

On 23/07/2019 at 8:25 PM, Unlimited said:

Thursday FC

Less said the better.

I could still watch it for Lucy 

shes lovely 

30 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I could still watch it for Lucy 

shes lovely 

Well, she's a mama now, pushing a pram.

https://www.who.com.au/sbs-soccer-presenter-lucy-zelic-welcomes-a-baby-girl-with-partner-corey-gameiro

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FCB said:

Amazing given his record in front of goal  

Edited by StringerBellend

Surprised he didn’t blow his knee out during the conception.

6 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Amazing given his record in front of goal  

I COULD say something about shooting inside the box.....

:cheeky:

9 hours ago, JackDoff said:

I COULD say something about shooting inside the box.....

:cheeky:

Just as well you didn't, as mack would have awarded a penalty.

Wow.

Any details?

Oh for the days of 12 hours of football on SBS back to back....

12 minutes ago, marron said:

Wow.

Any details?

Oh for the days of 12 hours of football on SBS back to back....

There's a good report on the ABC site. Great character, loved the Game....for those who don't know him look him up.

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

Absolute legend. Brilliant tribute, really sums him up.

Because of his character I always said I’d get round to listening more to his band. Never did. Feel like I missed out. Still got to see him on SBS - at first it was like “what’s this guy doing on, just because he’s mates with Les or something.” Then when he spoke you were just drawn in.

You never knew what would pop out of his mouth, and whether you agreed with him or thought he was batshit crazy (usually both!) what he said was always original. Truly one of a kind.