Jump to content

Football Media Discussion 2


Recommended Posts

You are all behaving like school kids, just because some one pronounced a name little different from what it should be, grow up people don't allow other people laugh at you Stupid.

Link to post

I don’t get the hate for Speedie. I think he’s a good commentator who gets the job done. So what if he’s from a different background and does multiple codes? 

I like Lucy but I think she’s getting a bit chirpy these days.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I do, he's a chunt.

He tries to make a mountain from every molehill.  He sees a penalty when there is none, intent where it's an accident and tries to sensationalise things that are play on.  Just an attention-seeker moron.

Link to post
11 hours ago, hughsey said:

I don’t get the hate for Speedie. I think he’s a good commentator who gets the job done. So what if he’s from a different background and does multiple codes? 

I like Lucy but I think she’s getting a bit chirpy these days.

I think the fact that Speedy does multiple codes is a hinderance to him. He is good for ball by ball play but then talks abut random things in game I find it strange. I would say Ben Homer is actually a lot better and even Peacock has improved since he first started with FFA cup games. 

I am neutral on Lucy.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I think the fact that Speedy does multiple codes is a hinderance to him. He is good for ball by ball play but then talks abut random things in game I find it strange. I would say Ben Homer is actually a lot better and even Peacock has improved since he first started with FFA cup games. 

I am neutral on Lucy.

Some people would say otherwise.

I personally don't rate Brenton Speed, he calls everything a pen or red card with the slightest touch, as Bozza says its a contact sport. He also talks about random stories and things totally unrelated to what happening on the pitch. Also when someone disagrees with him in commentary he will keep trying to prove his point for the rest of the game and games thereafter. 

Peacock has improved I agree, although some of the things he says are very strange and also brings up random stories, not calling the game at times.

 

 

Link to post

Like the "Colemanballs"  for entertainment value (UK folks will know that expression more i suppose), like the one a few weeks back in the Sydney derby, Redmayne fumbles a shot whilst Speed is prattling on about how he's going to need those gloves tomorrow in the delivery room whilst his wife is giving birth..........................that was comedy gold :rofl:

Link to post
49 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

For all the criticism of Peacock I would imagine he wasn't signed up as a matchday commentator but has been required to perform that task due to limited resources. 

Like the active players sideline commentary. Seeing J-Mac and Kilkenny there was next level weird

Link to post

Every commentator brings up random stories and facts. Simon Hill was the king of it. By no means am I in any Speedie fan club but I think there’s a bias against him simply cause he’s not a pure football man. The arguments against him you could apply to most commentators (both football and non football types).

Link to post
39 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Every commentator brings up random stories and facts. Simon Hill was the king of it. By no means am I in any Speedie fan club but I think there’s a bias against him simply cause he’s not a pure football man. The arguments against him you could apply to most commentators (both football and non football types).

Exactly. I think the criticism of Speed is harsh on here. 

Yeh, he's not perfect, but he ain't that bad. I actually think it takes an extraordinary amount of personal talent to commentate on three different sports, know all the names of players and generally know the rules and tactics of each sport. Taking all that into account, he ain't that bad. I do however love it when Bozza pulls him into line.

This is coming from a RL fan who has had to put up with ******* Ray Warren for the past 40 years. Us A-League fans could have had it a lot worse!  

Link to post
1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Every commentator brings up random stories and facts. Simon Hill was the king of it. By no means am I in any Speedie fan club but I think there’s a bias against him simply cause he’s not a pure football man. The arguments against him you could apply to most commentators (both football and non football types).

Until recently I had no idea what other sports he may have called. He is just plain terrible. Even my wife who doesn't have any football history or interest until me, can't stand him. It's hard to believe but he's getting worse! We've started turning off the sound when he's on.

Link to post
59 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Until recently I had no idea what other sports he may have called. He is just plain terrible. Even my wife who doesn't have any football history or interest until me, can't stand him. It's hard to believe but he's getting worse! We've started turning off the sound when he's on.

I try and find a radio broadcast. Even Coast FM is less biased than Speed and better them him by a mile

Link to post

I think before I didn't mind Speedie because of Simon Hill. But now I hear more often and yea starting to get why people don't like him. I think influenced as well by listening to English commentators watching PL, and of course classic Spanish commentators that make everything exciting so my bias is basically Aussie commentators in general are terrible

Link to post

Tuning into Stan/Nine's Super Rugby coverage tonight - quite impressed so far. A breath of fresh air for Rugby Union... might be some thing the A-League needs... 

Link to post
20 minutes ago, DCWSW said:

Tuning into Stan/Nine's Super Rugby coverage tonight - quite impressed so far. A breath of fresh air for Rugby Union... might be some thing the A-League needs... 

The worry is always whether football will be treated with respect.

Link to post
53 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

The worry is always whether football will be treated with respect.

It's different with a streaming service who rely on subscribers. It is in their interest to promote their product as it leads to more subscribers. Rather than a broadcaster who solely relies on advertising.

Link to post
6 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Speed is alright, but what's Martin Tyler doing nowadays?

 

Hopefully retired. He's worse than Speed, at the current moment.

Link to post
8 hours ago, Unlimited said:

David Basheer?

someone actually scored when he was commentating and he blew a gasket and is still yelping uncontrollably

turning the sound off > speedy et al > basheer

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...