R3 - Smurfs - Sat 21 Oct - SFS

mack

22 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Bought mine last night, still plenty available but should sell out....but I got a bad feeling about this......

Just remember the last derby...the side we had then .....and the result....their only defeat....so sweet. We are a better side this season. Scrappy display against CCM, rebound this week.....you know it's true....lol

19 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Who cares if it doesn't sell out? Its not our home game and they should be asking WHY it isn't selling out.

Lack of promotion of the HAL as a whole? Bs price gouging that have turned people off?

Regardless, those of us that WILL be there will enjoy the win.

Yeo....I'm out. Refused to be gouged. Close to $50 for a ticket. I'll go to OUR home games. Kudos to the folks from our club that are going, but unfortunately the wallet isn't an infinite pit of money. Rather save up the money for a decent away trip.

1 minute ago, WSWBoro said:

I am going for my son, he really wants to go, if it wasn't for him to be honest I wouldn't pay that much for myself but because we are going as a father and son thing then yeah, coughing up the money.

Kudos to you Boro and young Boro...just too much for me. I ummed and aahed about it but it's the tv game on 10 so I'll cheer from home. The cost is a killer for me. Hope you see a victory.!!! COYW

2 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

If they want to revise there ticket prices, it might entice people to attend :good: 

Of course it would but if they can sell out at current prices they won't.  Second derby at Allianz will be more of a challenge, for some unearthly reason it is on a Sunday evening.  Unless both teams are neck and neck at the top I guess.

10 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Just got two tickets in Wanderers active for myself and Wanderboy Jnr.

Pax: 18375 and 18376.

I got mine on Tuesday last week about 4pm pax 11955

so sold about 6400 in a week 

despite the price gouging will sell out after all the  SFS derby is probably the best sporting event to attend in Sydney  

9 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

I got mine on Tuesday last week about 4pm pax 11955

so sold about 6400 in a week 

despite the price gouging will sell out after all the  SFS derby is probably the best sporting event to attend in Sydney  

Agree. Better than ANZ for sure.

What makes it even better for me is the drinking/eating in Parra, the walk to the station, the train trip and then the march through the 'burbs to Arnie's (dilapidated) mansion!

Edited by beatsurrender

3 days prior to the derby at Allianz in January this year, PAX was over 23k.

Which means, if ticket sales were on the same track this time around, it will by around that mark by tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, danielcarr said:

5 days before the derby at Allianz in 15-16 the PAX was 23834

Well in front of where it currently is. 

Dont forget Smurfs have around 2k more members than last year and could be even more over 15/16.  Not included in the POX

Edited by beatsurrender
2 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Dont forget Smurfs have around 2k more members than last year and could be even more over 15/16.  Not included in the POX

that's true but it wouldn't be much less than what it is now. like you said they usually hover around the 11k mark, 2k less than this year

Tickets for us lot (2 adults, 2 kids) are only $2 more than last year.

Unfortunately thats nearly double what they were 4 years ago... when you could buy a family ticket..

ANZ family tickets are better priced....

The Sunday 7pm derby is purely so Fox has it exclusively. Same reason why there's a Melb Derby on a Friday night.

They give the Saturday slot to Ch10, then remove 2 derbies from that slot haha.

It'll definitely affect attendance. If it had to be 7pm Sunday, it should be during school holidays.

But FFA/FOX...

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

The Sunday 7pm derby is purely so Fox has it exclusively. Same reason why there's a Melb Derby on a Friday night.

They give the Saturday slot to Ch10, then remove 2 derbies from that slot haha.

It'll definitely affect attendance. If it had to be 7pm Sunday, it should be during school holidays.

But FFA/FOX...

2 games that should NEVER be on a Sunday, derby at Allianz and Newcastle away.

I hate Sunday games...and Friday night games...and 5:30 on a Saturday games..........lol

...."Townsend said he had already forged one major ticketing initiative, under which fans going to the derby will also get access to the Spring Carnival at Randwick Racecourse earlier in the day.".....

WTF has Horse Racing got to do with football FFS.

Lower your prices so people can afford to go.

21 hours ago, Erebus said:

Who cares if it doesn't sell out? Its not our home game and they should be asking WHY it isn't selling out.

Lack of promotion of the HAL as a whole? Bs price gouging that have turned people off?

Regardless, those of us that WILL be there will enjoy the win.

As a Wanderers fan I don't care if it doesn't sell out . 

As a football stakeholder I do actually care as it gives an insight into the games current interest level to the causal fan.

On the back of initial fox ratings down 20% poor crowds for Sydney teams and the Melb teams based on past 2-3 years historical averages I think the lack of sellout here confirms what a lot if us having being talking about for a while on here - 

the game is stale and perhaps needs some expansion. 

Also could be a direct result of a poor season launch. 

Perhaps even tells us why when a lot of people who were bagging the last TV deal we are seeing why, the A-League isn't a powerhouse why would people throw money at it just because it's there.

2 years ago this fixture would sell out 3 days in advance, it is a little sad 3 days out there appears to be over 10,000 unsold tickets 

19 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

As a Wanderers fan I don't care if it doesn't sell out . 

As a football stakeholder I do actually care as it gives an insight into the games current interest level to the causal fan.

On the back of initial fox ratings down 20% poor crowds for Sydney teams and the Melb teams based on past 2-3 years historical averages I think the lack of sellout here confirms what a lot if us having being talking about for a while on here - 

the game is stale and perhaps needs some expansion. 

Also could be a direct result of a poor season launch. 

Perhaps even tells us why when a lot of people who were bagging the last TV deal we are seeing why, the A-League isn't a powerhouse why would people throw money at it just because it's there.

2 years ago this fixture would sell out 3 days in advance, it is a little sad 3 days out there appears to be over 10,000 unsold tickets 

The worry as a wanderers fan is, in previous years we filled their stadium for them, we took bays of away support. Last years was a sell out but looked like our lowest numbers for a while 

still think last years poor performance has set us back 2 years and a small away showing in this one is another sign of it 

The FFA think the A-League is good enough to sell itself and needs no marketing.

Now, compare this to NRL and AFL which are embedded in the culture of this country. They have MASSIVE marketing campaigns months out from their season start every year.

FFA are just 5#1tknt5 and the sooner they go the better.

Their marketing campaigns the last couple of years have been absolutely cheap and terrible. You wouldn't even know its the derby this weekend.