Western Sydney Wanderers vs Arsenal FC 15/07/2017 8:00PM

4 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Just got a freebie to this. My mate asked around when he thought he might get some and every single one of the regular members I go with was "whatevs, if we get a freebie we get a freebie, we're more interested in catching up during the off-season than the game". The only reason it ended up being me is because I had planned something with the ticket giver that day anyway, so I got it by default.

Tell your mate I'm very disappointed in him.

1 minute ago, luisenrique said:

Tell your mate I'm very disappointed in him.

Haha yeah half that post was sort of aimed at you! Too bad sucker

If you'd accidentally made plans with him for that arvo you'd probably be going!

12 hours ago, teddies said:

Has pre-match drinks, festivities and march been organised? 

10 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Where does the march leave from? ;)

Always someone to have a drink with at Royal Oak Hotel in Lidcombe. $5 schooners & decent food options (snitzels, pizza etc) also

1 hour ago, arsenalfan said:

is it a bad idea as an arsenal fan to buy tickets in the wanderers fan zone? i want to bring my kid but the only seats left are really crap ones at the upper levels

if you don't complain to security about people with flags, or about chants. Guess it depends on how old the kid is. You might hear some swearing as well.

It probably won't be an issue anyway as long as you don't get seats right in the middle front of the active area where most of the active people will be.

8 hours ago, luisenrique said:

Meh, come the time I'll be more than happy to be watching it on the couch in my undies.

Which is how I will be watching this, working may way through a case of beer and takeaway. I have more than earned my WSW stripes travelling to away games and getting to most home games, couldn't give a fook about this to be honest..

Just looked at WSW facebook.

A photo with 3 arsenal players with the Harbour Bridge in the background. Redmayne and maybe Zullo for the smurfs;  Cornthwaite and Riera for us! 

Watched the press conference this morning with 85% of the questions focused on Wenger (surprise surprise). One twat asked if AW would be willing to coach in the HAL after his time at the Gunners. Oh, and someone let a Sun 'journo' in there (almost as big a crime as seating David Carney at the same desk as Per Mertesacker).

In the RBB on Saturday and TBH I have zero interest in the result per se. If it means I get to see the guys play, meet up with whoever is going, and pour scorn on the EuroSnobs, yeah...I'll take it!

50 minutes ago, Erebus said:

So standard circus pressers then by uninformed "journos" who couldn't name 3 coaches (was going to say 2, but 2 of them were at this presser..) or 4 teams in the A-League.

but, but, can they kick a AFL ball, thats what we all want to know.  oh and how do you pronounce "maaaaaate"

So as expected received my free tickets from work this afternoon but not for wsw looks as though that's close to sellout 

but for thur game have a look where they plonked us hahaha 

so should I wear my wsw gear or what?

ANZ Stadium
Edwin Flack Avenue
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Section: S141-2
Row: 46
Seat/s:  
Price Category: Sydney FC Fans Active Area
On 08/07/2017 at 1:33 PM, Edinburgh said:

I don't think sbs are broadcasting the awful at all!!!!!

lol well at the time i didnt have a 2nd tv i could watch it on but now i do, i wish we would debut our new jersey for this match, seems like the perfect time

Would rather go to a pre season friendly at a small suburban ground stood on a grass bank in the freezing cold than this plastic ra ra shyte. Seen Arsenal enough at their old gaff Highbury and at the Boro over the years also and they usually would hammer us, so seen Arsenal supporters celebrating goals more than enough for me, I have done my bit already.

For those going to stand in the RBB and get together then I appreciate that is good mind....but yeah, anyway.

On 10/07/2017 at 4:52 PM, GunnerWanderer said:

no alexis sanchez

you have one **** world class player and you don't bring him. probably told wenger to go suck a fat one

Gunner

He is still on leave, licking his wounds. Confed Cup defeat against Germany B, and Bayern saying "no thanks" to his wage demands. 

Yeah and Wenger seems pretty adamant he's going nowhere. Would be a first for arsenal to let a valuable commodity go to waste. 

As for the Liverpool article I went off in a tangent to anyone who would listen when that farce of a legends game went ahead - seriously charging people too dollar to watch old men and then the penny grabbing tour this time 

Liverpool for mine have lost their way go back before the yanks and no way would they treat their fans with such contempt 

forget you will never walk alone how about you won't walk at all cause we won't be here long enough 

not a fan of these games but at least spend time time out there guess it's easier you either pay up and go or don't 

Edited by GunnerWanderer

I have 3 tickets to the match in the WSW Active area. Face value is $59 each, happy to let them go for $50. They are e-tickets so will send the tickets to your email, or can meet at the ground. They are in Aisle 144, Row 12 seats 50-52. I bought these initially but had to get more as my brother-in-law and his family wanted to go to so we got another set in a different location. Send me an email at the hottest place - stewartv72 or reply to this. Cheers

On 7/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, GunnerWanderer said:

So as expected received my free tickets from work this afternoon but not for wsw looks as though that's close to sellout 

but for thur game have a look where they plonked us hahaha 

so should I wear my wsw gear or what?

ANZ Stadium
Edwin Flack Avenue
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Section: S141-2
Row: 46
Seat/s:  
Price Category: Sydney FC Fans Active Area

I have 3 tickets in the WSW Active Area for the WSW game. Selling for $50 each, cost $59. Need to get rid of them as have tickets in another area already. Let me know

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We'll I'm really looking forward to this now after the words of encouragement and motivation from the club today

I'm really looking forward to not going. 

Does annoy me though, that more non WSW/football fans have asked if I'm going to this game than probably any other game in our history, definitely regular season games.

I naively hoped that we would create an atmosphere to show the eurosnobs what they are missing out on. I think more likely I will get a preview of "the next stage" of active support, hope they give me one of those inflatable clapper things 

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

I'm really looking forward to not going. 

Does annoy me though, that more non WSW/football fans have asked if I'm going to this game than probably any other game in our history, definitely regular season games.

I hope you explain how much of a plastic game this is, to let them know the real football is a few months away? 

• mack locked this topic