Western Sydney Wanderers vs Arsenal FC 15/07/2017 8:00PM

We all know how this is going to end up. This is all geared towards the EPL and trying to attract non A-league fans to watch more A-league. The commentators on tv will wonder (actually they won't)  why we are wearing an away kit to a home match and why there are hardly any Wanderers supporters at the match. This is highly unusual for a Wanderers match, there are usually plenty of active supporters. Yeaaaaaaah okaaaay. This is one of the reasons I hate these EPL matches so much. At least promote it for the A-league team and try and grow the A-league, look after your A-league supporters first before handing out tickets to every effing gooner in the city before any come the Wanderers way. This game is everything the A-league is not. Way to go FFA. 

Edited by Jukes01
2 hours ago, Jukes01 said:

We all know how this is going to end up. This is all geared towards the EPL and trying to attract non A-league fans to watch more A-league. The commentators on tv will wonder (actually they won't)  why we are wearing an away kit to a home match and why there are hardly any Wanderers supporters at the match. This is highly unusual for a Wanderers match, there are usually plenty of active supporters. Yeaaaaaaah okaaaay. This is one of the reasons I hate these EPL matches so much. At least promote it for the A-league team and try and grow the A-league, look after your A-league supporters first before handing out tickets to every effing gooner in the city before any come the Wanderers way. This game is everything the A-league is not. Way to go FFA. 

My thoughts exactly.

I was looking forward to saturday night. From the perspective of showing those euro snob Gooners fans a taste of western sydney active support .  Not too fussed about seeing their "superstars" in action.  NOT  sure how it will turn out now after the RBB statement from JT . ??

3 hours ago, Erebus said:

the money goes to the promoter and to arsenal.

WSW and SFC are the Washington Generals in these matches. Its about Arsenal playing, not some random team no one has heard about.

"Oh look, Arsenal youth scored against these guys that play soccer here in Australia apparently, lulz they're so shi+"

Arsenal will never win the asian champions league. so **** them.

I go to every WSW game I can, friendly, trial or competitive. 

In other news, Santa's shoulder injury didn't appear to be anything serious, when he was checked on Tuesday.

I'm not aware of the outcome of any further assessments that may have been conducted, or when he'll be available for selection

42 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Train full of Gooners just gone through Redfern....not one ESFC top anywhere to be seen, eurosnob fest.

I'm perversely looking forward to being one of the very few WSW shirt wearing people on the train on Saturday night. 

Loads of Arsenal shirts around now, I seen one kid in a sydney shirt and on this occasion good luck to him. I prefer match going a league fans of any type over eurosnobs

Ummed and arrgghhhed about this for 10 or 11 months. Finally gave in and bought a ticket at the weekend.

Three days later , I get the biggest "**** you" email I've received in my life.

**** it. $70 down the toilet. Ticket torn up. **** it. **** them.

52 minutes ago, DontCallMeJacko said:

Ummed and arrgghhhed about this for 10 or 11 months. Finally gave in and bought a ticket at the weekend.

Three days later , I get the biggest "**** you" email I've received in my life.

**** it. $70 down the toilet. Ticket torn up. **** it. **** them.

Image result for Images of now don't be like that

Okay so update from the ground 

this is utter **** 

walcott is an absolute fraud as I've always said how the **** can't u beat redmayne 

the cove sung for a total of 4 seconds literally 4 seconds maybe 6 At best 

only positive Ozil 

absolute Class the who he floats around the pitch what a player he finds space effortlessly 

Simon is looking good for a mad chop as well hopefully on Walcott and ends his career 

36 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Okay so update from the ground 

this is utter **** 

walcott is an absolute fraud as I've always said how the **** can't u beat redmayne 

the cove sung for a total of 4 seconds literally 4 seconds maybe 6 At best 

only positive Ozil 

absolute Class the who he floats around the pitch what a player he finds space effortlessly 

Simon is looking good for a mad chop as well hopefully on Walcott and ends his career 

its not getting any better, they will ******* destroy us but they are managing to make sydney fc look like ******* real madrid

31 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

Clint Bolton shut the **** up you negative prick , **** talking the a-league the whole game . Shut up you dumb **** your annoying voice and and stupid comments . Seriously just shut the **** up .

Oops apologies Clint , wasn't paying attention to the match just kept hearing the negative comments and saw Clint at half time break so assumed it was him, it was actually Craig Moore in commentary box . What a **** you are Craig Moore .

4 hours ago, Taurus said:

I go to every WSW game I can, friendly, trial or competitive. 

In other news, Santa's shoulder injury didn't appear to be anything serious, when he was checked on Tuesday.

I'm not aware of the outcome of any further assessments that may have been conducted, or when he'll be available for selection

Had mail today on Santa that he's out - but happy to be proved wrong

6 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

The Smurfs are fapping themselves to death over Redmayne. I love it.

He's like an unexploded mine from the second world war - you just know it's going to go badly at some stage, and all you can do is hope it doesn't get you.

The same could be said when Vedran joined us (although given where we were at the time, I think a 10 year old would have been an improvement). Not the first time a player has changed clubs and seen their fortunes have improve. Let them have their moment of joy, but it's only the first game he's played, and a friendly at that. That mine will detonate at some point. 

We will got the better deal I think. :xnod:

13 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

The Smurfs are fapping themselves to death over Redmayne. I love it.

He's like an unexploded mine from the second world war - you just know it's going to go badly at some stage, and all you can do is hope it doesn't get you.

I don't know. 

Maybe having a good game and now having his clubs supporters actually be positive about him as a result will give him confidence enough to lift more regularly.

(of course his first ****up will probably result in a banner from the cove. But he clearly always was a confidence player and we did our level best to undermine that regardless of his actusl ability).

• mack locked this topic