Jump to content
mack

Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

Recommended Posts

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

That's awful.. and what's just as bad is I have checked their website and VenuesLive will be managing the new Parramatta stadium too ....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

He also tried to tell me that our issues have started since the team has started performing badly. 

We have ONLY played sh1t at SOP - so you know, moot point!! 

 

But yeah, that's not on for him to have contacted you at work, and I hope the club comes out and acknowledges that this is not acceptable!  

"Fun" times ahead, with the same operations company dealing with Bankwest Stadium.

Edited by 102megan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would make a complaint to the NSW Information and Privacy Commission. It might not result in any action, and they might simply come back with "you're a customer we're allowed to call you" but it at least creates a paper trail and requires the stadium and it's staff to justify why they decided to go around proper channels to harass you.

https://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mack said:

I would make a complaint to the NSW Information and Privacy Commission. It might not result in any action, and they might simply come back with "you're a customer we're allowed to call you" but it at least creates a paper trail and requires the stadium and it's staff to justify why they decided to go around proper channels to harass you.

https://www.ipc.nsw.gov.au/

But it's not really a privacy issue. I have my role and organisation listed in my Twitter bio like many people and because of the nature of my role, my contact details are available to the public on our website. 

It's not like he accessed them illegally but he did go to quite some effort to check my profile, find and add me on LinkedIn and then track down the number of my employer. He also followed my employer's account on Twitter too, like he was looking for something on there too. It's a bit creepy to be honest. 

My issue was more around the fact he decided to call my employers office to speak to me and then decided to have a go at me on the phone when I stood up for myself and told him I didn't take too kindly to his tone or what he was insinuating. 

It was very much a case of an old man trying to tell a young female how she should act and what she can or can't say. And when I started to get shaken and upset by the conversation towards the end, he made out like I was over-reacting and being emotional. At that point I stopped the call. 

I still honestly don't know how he thought what he did was appropriate or professional.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For someone to contact you using your work information, for a non-work query, isn't right though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Just a reminder that the same küntz that manage ANZ will be running BankWest aka Wanderland 2.0

 

DwcdxHvUwAA67-m?format=jpg&name=large

Imagine the **** the people in the safe standing section will get!

I feel for you Captain Jess. I'm not a Twitterer, but if you complained about the issues you experienced last night on Twitter, could you not complain again about the response you received today from the venues management via the same social media platform?

You have every right to do so. You are a paying customer of that venue, and the position you hold in your professional career should have no bearing on your personal experiences at that venue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admin: I don't think we need to post his picture. Kinda pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

Imagine the **** the people in the safe standing section will get!

I feel for you Captain Jess. I'm not a Twitterer, but if you complained about the issues you experienced last night on Twitter, could you not complain again about the response you received today from the venues management via the same social media platform?

You have every right to do so. You are a paying customer of that venue, and the position you hold in your professional career should have no bearing on your personal experiences at that venue.

I think I’ve made my point through other channels today. I’ve spoken to his manager who is the CEO of VenuesLive. I’ve also spoken with the club who has said they will also take it up with him. 

As much as I love #SokkahTwitter, they can be overly brutal at times. A few people have already tweeted about it including Mack. I want to try and distance my employer from it all (which I shouldn’t even bloody have to), so going on the attack on Twitter myself is only going to make things worse. 

As much as what he did was wrong, I don’t want him to lose his job. I’m not that spiteful. I just want him to understand that what he did was inappropriate and has repercussions. If those repercussions are his manager and the club approaching him, then it might give him a reality check and make him think twice about doing it again. I will be happy with that. I’d also take an apology but it if it happens it’s very likely not going to be sincere, so why bother?

Edited by CaptainJess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Just a reminder that the same küntz that manage ANZ will be running BankWest aka Wanderland 2.0

 

DwcdxHvUwAA67-m?format=jpg&name=large

It doesn't say they do it well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

I think I’ve made my point through other channels today. I’ve spoken to his manager who is the CEO of VenuesLive. I’ve also spoken with the club who has said they will also take it up with him. 

As much as I love #SokkahTwitter, they can be overly brutal at times. A few people have already tweeted about it including Mack. I want to try and distance my employer from it all (which I shouldn’t even bloody have to), so going on the attack on Twitter myself is only going to make things worse. 

As much as what he did was wrong, I don’t want him to lose his job. I’m not that spiteful. I just want him to understand that what he did was inappropriate and has repercussions. If those repercussions are his manager and the club approaching him, then it might give him a reality check and make him think twice about doing it again. I will be happy with that. I’d also take an apology but it if it happens it’s very likely not going to be sincere, so why bother?

You're a far better person than he deserves...I would've wanted to see him burn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

I think I’ve made my point through other channels today. I’ve spoken to his manager who is the CEO of VenuesLive. I’ve also spoken with the club who has said they will also take it up with him. 

As much as I love #SokkahTwitter, they can be overly brutal at times. A few people have already tweeted about it including Mack. I want to try and distance my employer from it all (which I shouldn’t even bloody have to), so going on the attack on Twitter myself is only going to make things worse. 

As much as what he did was wrong, I don’t want him to lose his job. I’m not that spiteful. I just want him to understand that what he did was inappropriate and has repercussions. If those repercussions are his manager and the club approaching him, then it might give him a reality check and make him think twice about doing it again. I will be happy with that. I’d also take an apology but it if it happens it’s very likely not going to be sincere, so why bother?

 

2 minutes ago, Horus said:

You're a far better person than he deserves...I would've wanted to see him burn

If he can't recognise why he was wrong and offer a sincere apology then he doesn't belong in his job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Lol... maybe they might take Shaun seriously when he complains. Wonder if he will be getting an aggressive phone call from Arthur tomorrow morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Lol... maybe they might take Shaun seriously when he complains. Wonder if he will be getting an aggressive phone call from Arthur tomorrow morning?

I hope he does and suffers for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Lol... maybe they might take Shaun seriously when he complains. Wonder if he will be getting an aggressive phone call from Arthur tomorrow morning?

I love Shaun wish he would come back to us.

has there been any response from our club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to the CEO of VenuesLive and someone from our club today. 

However, I’m not getting anywhere and to be honest I’m worn down. Everyone has said they will “speak to him”. But I know for a fact as of 5pm this afternoon, he is still maintaining it was a call between media professionals and that I was upset and angry because of what happened last night. He doesn’t think any offence was taken.

I don’t want this to affect my job or employer. The industry I’m in is small and people talk. The worst part is that I didn’t even initiate the contact and it’s caused me all this stress today. 

I know I should fight it, but I’m probably going to give up tomorrow if I haven’t gor a resoultion. This **** runs deep and people are covering their backsides left, right and centre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

I spoke to the CEO of VenuesLive and someone from our club today. 

However, I’m not getting anywhere and to be honest I’m worn down. Everyone has said they will “speak to him”. But I know for a fact as of 5pm this afternoon, he is still maintaining it was a call between media professionals and that I was upset and angry because of what happened last night. He doesn’t think any offence was taken.

I don’t want this to affect my job or employer. The industry I’m in is small and people talk. The worst part is that I didn’t even initiate the contact and it’s caused me all this stress today. 

I know I should fight it, but I’m probably going to give up tomorrow if I haven’t gor a resoultion. This **** runs deep and people are covering their backsides left, right and centre. 

My advice for what it's worth. Forget it and move on,  people in this position don't believe they've done anything wrong. Also nobody is going to deal with it anyway.

Neither his work place or especially our club and anyone else.

What we should do as a collective is the next home game protest the stadium and no-one attend.

 

Edited by WHACKO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

My advice for what it's worth. Forget it and move on,  people in this position don't believe they've done anything wrong. Also nobody is going to deal with it anyway.

Neither his work place or especially our club and anyone else.

What we should do as a collective is the next home game protest the stadium and no-one attend.

 

Some have already started doing this!  :rolleyes:

But seriously,  such a protest would be misinterpreted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just sent my own enquiry through and asked to be given a call. I've been appalled by staff at ANZ this season. 

I just had a thought. Do we think this strict ticket policing is a directive from the club?? I heard a couple of explanations from ANZ staff that the strict policing was because it's not fair on people that paid extra for certain memberships if others from lower priced tiers sit in the good seats.

Is this a push from the club to create a culture that pushes people to take up the higher priced memberships for next season - memberships that have had an explosion in seat quantity. Is it the club trying to teach people that they need a higher priced ticket because they won't be able to scab? 

Edited by matty
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

So an update on this situation...

This morning I received an email apology from Mr Stanley. It's not the sincerest thing I've ever read but I can tell someone has spoken to him. The apology also wasn't for the unprofessionalisim, it was for any upset he caused me. He also went on about the issues again and how they are working hard to ensure the best atmosphere for fans (blah blah blah). Sounded like it written through gritted teeth.

He also offered me tickets to see Eminem to "come and see the breadth and scale of the events we host here and the communication challenges". 

I scoffed at that. I worked in the media zone for the FFA at multiple sold-out World Cup qualifiers at ANZ and also the WSWvCCM grand-final at Allianz. Plus every single Wanderers game at Parra in S1. Like, I ******* know how a major event at a stadium is run. Been there, done that multiple times. I will be politely declining the offer. 

In the end, this is the best I'm going to get. If I caused even some embarrassment or disruption to him yesterday, then that's my take away from the situation. As Whacko mentioned above, they probably don't believe he did anything wrong. We're up against it, so I'll take whatever little win I can get. 

Now I'm just hoping that maybe something does change. Lol, who am I kidding :rolleyes:

Well done, good to see the sanctimonius turd has got his comeuppance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I didn't want it to, a tiny part of me kinda hoped it would blow up. He doesn't want to mess with me when I'm really fired up. 

I got a ******* open letter published on the front page of the Parramatta Advertiser during the whole NSW police restrictions fiasco. I had Councillors from Parramatta Council contacting me and asking for permission to table my correspondence. 

I have the means and contacts to send it viral if I wanted. I'm sure some in the media would find a member of the leadership team at VenuesLive harassing a young female media professional a pretty interesting story. 

But I'm going to leave. I've won a battle but I sure as hell can't win the war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jess - my suggestion would be to email John Tsatsimas direct

 

Whilst it will not resolve anything for you - it is just another case we can put forward when we hold talks with the new venue operators at parra (same as ANZ, but we need to stamp this **** out now) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigDukes said:

Jess - my suggestion would be to email John Tsatsimas direct

 

Whilst it will not resolve anything for you - it is just another case we can put forward when we hold talks with the new venue operators at parra (same as ANZ, but we need to stamp this **** out now) 

Hey BigDukes,

I emailed and had a very long conversation with the Media Manager Mark Jensen yesterday. I've actually worked alongside him a few times, so I thought he was the appropriate first contact. The club are aware of my issue and from my discussions with Mark, it seems like several other complaints were made about the stadium over the last week or two. 

When I contacted Mark, he was already aware of the situation via Twitter. So from the sounds of things, I think issues are being heard by management. Whether they can do anything about them is another thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×