mack

Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

3 hours ago, mack said:

Reading up on it, apparently the current (well, ex now) leaders of the active support group weren't liked by the club, and apparently not liked much among the rest of the active supporters.. so they've taken it as an excuse to get rid of them.

The nerve on those blokes trying to start a F*** the FFA chant :ninja:

On 13/01/2019 at 10:35 AM, StringerBellend said:

Seen him many a time around parra game day sometimes with wsw logo on his board.

Me and the kids used to call him Shinji’s dad - lol. 

On 15/01/2019 at 6:45 PM, Unlimited said:

I’m trying to claim Danny Lim as more WSW than ESFC

And I'm saying phark him, he's just a tool who jumped on our bandwagon to get some attention.

Was breath-tested by police at Mittagong this morning. The officer, aged about 30, looked inside my car and noticed the mini Wanderers scarf attached to the left hand side of the front window, then said:

"I have to warn you that you are displaying the colours of a trash team in the Wanderers!" He said this straight-faced and then smiled.

I just laughed and said:

"I would have to agree, but just hope we improve by the time we play at Bankwest Stadium."

He agreed, then wished my wife and I a happy Easter break.

2 hours ago, echidna said:

Was breath-tested by police at Mittagong this morning. The officer, aged about 30, looked inside my car and noticed the mini Wanderers scarf attached to the left hand side of the front window, then said:

"I have to warn you that you are displaying the colours of a trash team in the Wanderers!" He said this straight-faced and then smiled.

I just laughed and said:

"I would have to agree, but just hope we improve by the time we play at Bankwest Stadium."

He agreed, then wished my wife and I a happy Easter break.

I wonder if this is the same dick who breath tested me in Mittagong a few years ago. He suggested he should give me a ticket just for wearing a Wanderers shirt, asked if I had any flares in the car and then racially typecast me suggesting I was probably a Bulldogs supporter as well. FMD. 

As soon as I had passed the breath test and the exact moment the electric window was fully closed, that lovely young c-u-n-t-stable copped an expletive ridden gob-full. 

6 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I wonder if this is the same dick who breath tested me in Mittagong a few years ago. He suggested he should give me a ticket just for wearing a Wanderers shirt, asked if I had any flares in the car and then racially typecast me suggesting I was probably a Bulldogs supporter as well. FMD. 

As soon as I had passed the breath test and the exact moment the electric window was fully closed, that lovely young c-u-n-t-stable copped an expletive ridden gob-full. 

I highly suspect, Wanderboy, that 'they' are one and the same! He was joking - a bit - but I got the sense it wasn't the first time he had used that line.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, echidna said:

I highly suspect, Wanderboy, that 'they' are one and the same! He was joking - a bit - but I got the sense it wasn't the first time he had used that line.

It indeed sounds remarkably familiar.

My dude was also trying to be "humorous". I also laughed his attempts at humor off, all the time trying to be "law abiding".

Once that window was closed and sound proofed, boy, did he cop it!

Edited by Wanderboy

I love the satisfaction on people's faces when they make a flare or centrelink joke when talking about WSW fans, as if they're the first to ever do so...

8 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I love the satisfaction on people's faces when they make a flare or centrelink joke when talking about WSW fans, as if they're the first to ever do so...

I've just read similar **** on LU and replied. And then been chastised for trying to state facts.

30k people at the new stadium to watch rugby league, I spotted 4 different police officers as I walked around. Let's see what our first game gets.. 

5 hours ago, matty said:

30k people at the new stadium to watch rugby league, I spotted 4 different police officers as I walked around. Let's see what our first game gets.. 

All of them.

4 hours ago, mack said:

All of them.

There will no doubt be too many and a waste of time effort and someone's money!  They will be intimidating awaiting the inevitable anti-social, dangerous, family unfriendly behaviour etc.  Obviously sokkah louts (that's all of us!) are infinitely worse than the NRL or AFL pussycats or placid drunks rolling out of a day's cricket at the SCG.  ARU, well they are a level above everyone else - pure gentlemen.

If there is a march to the ground, there will be dozens more because JT explained there is a requirement of a certain number to be deployed through the streets and if they are brought in for the march, they stay for the whole shift.

I got talking with a cop I know who used to do game day coverage on the side for a bit of overtime. He and the team he worked with basically picked out the games they wanted to attend themselves. He did the first two seasons of WSW cause he loved the atmosphere and said it became quite competitive to get the gig. He claims WSW were never a problem but Bulldogs games were an issue therefore no one wanted to do them. Interesting insight if true.

On 26/04/2019 at 7:47 AM, hughsey said:

He did the first two seasons of WSW cause he loved the atmosphere and said it became quite competitive to get the gig.

It became a popular gig cause they enjoyed the atmosphere? Play footage of the pepper spray incident at the Perth match & old mate strike force raptor -_-

2 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

It became a popular gig cause they enjoyed the atmosphere? Play footage of the pepper spray incident at the Perth match & old mate strike force raptor -_-

Sometimes, in addition to the agreed/dictated police numbers allocation (which the club pays for), the riot squad or the like also turn up "for free" for their own reasons. I wonder if that's why the Raptor bunch were there that day? And did things their own way? It might also in part explain why the excessive force was extra excessive that day?

17 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Sometimes, in addition to the agreed/dictated police numbers allocation (which the club pays for), the riot squad or the like also turn up "for free" for their own reasons. I wonder if that's why the Raptor bunch were there that day? And did things their own way? It might also in part explain why the excessive force was extra excessive that day?

For their own reasons...public relations training?? Lol.

Seriously tho...how do you know it was "For their own reasons"?

Am I right in recalling that the Perth game was on a significant day...and I'm thinking maybe Anzac Day?

I think maybe...MAYBE...they were there on that occasion because there might have be a heightened risk (at least in their minds) of trouble.

You know...given that heaps of us are thugs and terrorists 'n all.

22 minutes ago, wendybr said:

For their own reasons...public relations training?? Lol.

Seriously tho...how do you know it was "For their own reasons"?

Am I right in recalling that the Perth game was on a significant day...and I'm thinking maybe Anzac Day?

I think maybe...MAYBE...they were there on that occasion because there might have be a heightened risk (at least in their minds) of trouble.

You know...given that heaps of us are thugs and terrorists 'n all.

We were advised at the members committee meeting that sometimes, in addition to the designated and charged for allocation, other police squads also attend our matches. The reason afaik is not advised to the club. It is not part of the designated crowd control/safety allocation. Hence my "other reasons" tag.

I don't think it was Anzac Day, because this season is the first where we have had an a league match on Anzac Day? But, now you mention it, I think it was a significant day. And earlier in the season? But, old timer's disease and all that ....

10 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

We were advised at the members committee meeting that sometimes, in addition to the designated and charged for allocation, other police squads also attend our matches. The reason afaik is not advised to the club. It is not part of the designated crowd control/safety allocation. Hence my "other reasons" tag.

I don't think it was Anzac Day, because this season is the first where we have had an a league match on Anzac Day? But, now you mention it, I think it was a significant day. And earlier in the season? But, old timer's disease and all that ....

It was definitely ANZAC Day.  The same day as the hail on the field, looking like snow.  

And yeah, the same day a kid got pepper-sprayed by the cops - and meanwhile news articles referred to the cops pepper-spraying fans as it "allegedly" happening. 

42 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Australia Day maybe?? :unknw:

I remember thinking that there were potential security issues on whatever day it was.

32 minutes ago, 102megan said:

It was definitely ANZAC Day.  The same day as the hail on the field, looking like snow.  

And yeah, the same day a kid got pepper-sprayed by the cops - and meanwhile news articles referred to the cops pepper-spraying fans as it "allegedly" happening. 

Oooops...just saw this.

Yes Anzac Day seems right.

Bloody hell was that the hail day as well? Hah. I'd forgotten that. 

The official line is that the Raptor police had simply "responded to a request for overtime" and it was not a "targeted Strike Force operation".

Didn't help that the idiot cop who started things was the strike force raptor cop I noticed a few minutes before the flare, who then told his mate they needed to go over and wade into a crowd of people who had nothing to do with it.

Never forget that night. Had to seek shelter in my mum’s car cause she picked us up from the rsl - my mates and I fell asleep/passed out... when we woke up the heavens opened and we arrived to a stadium covered in hail lol

There is so much wrong with this incident that happened last night. The guy is a smurf but one of the good guys who supports the game & it hurts to see someone like this treated in this manner.

Where do you start? It boils down to the fact that his disabled daughter needed to go to the toilet. Led to security evicting the father & daughter before the riot squad was called because he was “acting aggressively” (see the footage for yourself). I can’t even try to break down everything wrong with what happened let alone the big picture in what it has meant to the A-League & football fans.

Right now I just feel for the dad & his daughter. Nobody deserves to be treated in that way, let alone a child who already has many challenges in her life, nor a father wanting to take his child to sporting event. 

It is just ****ed up, in so many ways. You just hope that out of such a disgusting & distressing event that there may be a positive that may come from it all.

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

There is so much wrong with this incident that happened last night. The guy is a smurf but one of the good guys who supports the game & it hurts to see someone like this treated in this manner.

Where do you start? It boils down to the fact that his disabled daughter needed to go to the toilet. Led to security evicting the father & daughter before the riot squad was called because he was “acting aggressively” (see the footage for yourself). I can’t even try to break down everything wrong with what happened let alone the big picture in what it has meant to the A-League & football fans.

Right now I just feel for the dad & his daughter. Nobody deserves to be treated in that way, let alone a child who already has many challenges in her life, nor a father wanting to take his child to sporting event. 

It is just ****ed up, in so many ways. You just hope that out of such a disgusting & distressing event that there may be a positive that may come from it all.

Something will probably happen now as it involved ESFC fans, which is a sad indictment on all other clubs.

5 minutes ago, mack said:

Don Dale in the NT such as Dylan Voller

Mate I have my own views on that issue, but going to bite my tongue. Needless to say there is more than one side (The ABC view or News Corp view) to a story.