Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

2 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Well, there goes my plans to roller blade into the stadium with my pet dog under my arm,  a six pack under the other, a backpack full of confetti, a laser light for the Leeds goalie and to film the match via my drone.

******* party poopers.

:rofl:

:good:

23 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Well, there goes my plans to roller blade into the stadium with my pet dog under my arm,  a six pack under the other, a backpack full of confetti, a laser light for the Leeds goalie and to film the match via my drone.

******* party poopers.

So, you'll just walk in with smokies, flares and errrm rockets?

4 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Yep agree Megan. Dunno what was in the air but I saw armed cops doing high fives with little African kids and smiles all round. Plus my son in the RBB said security and cops were friendly and helpful!!! Seriously hoping this continues. Such a change from Olympic Park!

Great to hear!  You should let the Club know.  I'm sure they'd be grateful to hear from fans with good stories, not only when we have a whinge.

13 hours ago, 102megan said:

I’d like to mention an incident from last night, at our new stadium... 

My only interaction with a police officer last night, was when I went to the concourse/ back of the bays, to catch up with someone who was sitting and the police officers were standing next to him, so I stood behind, and one of the police officers asked if I wanted him to move so I could see the game! 

I was treated with respect, and like an actual human being!! 

My missus went out to get a drink at half time and had her ticket hanging out of her hand to show the security bloke to get back in whilst holding the drinks. A cop gently came over to her and just gave her a heads up that they’d had a few people trying to knick people’s tickets and to just be careful. Nothing groundbreaking but similar to yourself; she seemed happy with the manner in which the cop showed concern for her and offered advice rather than giving orders.

21 hours ago, bombagol said:

Great to hear!  You should let the Club know.  I'm sure they'd be grateful to hear from fans with good stories, not only when we have a whinge.

Good suggestion - I emailed the club this morning. As I said at the end of my email, looking forward to this gameday experience continuing through the A League season and beyond.

5 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Still not out of the woods yet, there were plenty of cops doing laps of the pubs looking to make a statement.

I feel we may have ruined Church Street march route with that lightshow though.

Yeh. 

I was quite surprised that we hammered the flare opportunity so quickly. I was also pleasantly impressed and loved it.

Within 1 minute, diners on eat street were choking on smoke. 

Plenty of Leeds fans around so it didn't bother me, and they were impressed with the spectacle anyway.

I was just surprised that we took the opportunity so quickly. Oh well. I loved it anyway and sang my ******* heart out just behind the gang.

I get they’re illegal regardless but I thought the flares during the march were perfectly fine and safe. Not too many to be considered excessive and the marshals stood around them to prevent anyone burning themselves.

I prefer hanging on the edge of the march and the amount of people I could see in the restaurants and bars ogling the scenes was like the good old days. People were loving it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

The incident at the VICNPL game today, will get us back on the front page tomorrow, for all the wrong reasons. 

Time for Football VIC to stop pussie footing around with some of these clubs 

What incident?

Are these incidents related, or has in been a weekend of violence on Vic sokkah fields?

Bergers vs Port scuffle seems like straightforward nuffie behaviour - but that Thunder vs Paco one? The dirty act that started it, the all-in on field with the spectators very close, the (Paco?) cameraman getting threatened with violence for suggesting everyone calm down. #NPLVIC
10:55 PM · Aug 3, 2019

Further to the @Channel9 news report this evening, @footballvic is aware of an incident that occurred on Friday evening and it‘s been referred for investigation by FV’s Disciplinary Department.

It’s not appropriate for us to comment on the matter but we reiterate that we take a zero tolerance approach to anyone acting in an anti-social manner at football matches. There will not be any further comment.

There was one I saw a couple of months ago where some clown was trying to jump the fence and have a crack at the players. He was carrying on like a dickhead, so much so that he started having a go at his own supporters in the end. Seems like NPL Vic brings them out of the woodwork