mack

Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

This is serious stuff. Yet the cops are calm and even tempered in the main. Compare this to how our para-cops react to 95% less intimidating behaviour 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

On 14/07/2019 at 8:38 PM, Prydzopolis said:

Be honest, when you compare what we had at Parramatta to what we have experienced at SOP, it’s night & day but point taken. It wasn’t great, let’s hope that a pro-football LAC commander sees a change in the way our games are policed.

————

Regarding riot squad, are there any games you mention in particular. Don’t forget that the NSW riot police are based out of SOP, attending our matches was mandatory. 

Based on crowd estimates of 16k (approx) & no march it should see a very low police presence. This is based off If/when marches are held, horses & riot squad are mandatory. If no march, policing levels will be based off risk.

Completely understand the healthy dose of skepticism DU, it was why I phrased it with plenty of hope & didn’t deal in absolutes. Don’t think that I’ve been fooled into thinking that all the problems will be solved by the stadium move or will magically be solved by the Leeds game.

Let’s reconvene after the Leeds game where we can reassess where we stand between my scenario of hope & yours of despair.

Interesting ..most games in the UK where Leeds are involved would be classified as medium to high risk. Leeds will have 5 to 6 K fans on Saturday . From what I can see  in the Media and online many have travelled from the UK to Perth for man U game then onto Sydney for game against us. They are hardcore Leeds boys who will be drinking in Parra all day  before game.. they will be loud and   rowdy for sure. Police will need to be on thier toes think the RBB will be the least of thier worries this Saturday. I hate  Leeds with a passion but think this Saturday outside and inside the stadium they will takeover. RBB will need to be out in force and on thier game .

32 minutes ago, dcrow said:

No animals, that leaves several Smurf supporters and their pets out for the derby.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I remember going to Camp Nou ( Barca). The sign outside said “no rockets”.....:D

13 hours ago, Cynth said:

I remember going to Camp Nou ( Barca). The sign outside said “no rockets”.....:D

Juve fans must be spewing 

No musical instruments including drums not a contentious point?

Well, there goes my plans to roller blade into the stadium with my pet dog under my arm,  a six pack under the other, a backpack full of confetti, a laser light for the Leeds goalie and to film the match via my drone.

******* party poopers.

2 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Well, there goes my plans to roller blade into the stadium with my pet dog under my arm,  a six pack under the other, a backpack full of confetti, a laser light for the Leeds goalie and to film the match via my drone.

******* party poopers.

:rofl:

:good:

23 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

******* party poopers.

So, you'll just walk in with smokies, flares and errrm rockets?

21 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

So, you'll just walk in with smokies, flares and errrm rockets?

"Is that a rocket in your pocket or are you just pleased to be back home".  ;)

4 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Yep agree Megan. Dunno what was in the air but I saw armed cops doing high fives with little African kids and smiles all round. Plus my son in the RBB said security and cops were friendly and helpful!!! Seriously hoping this continues. Such a change from Olympic Park!

Great to hear!  You should let the Club know.  I'm sure they'd be grateful to hear from fans with good stories, not only when we have a whinge.

13 hours ago, 102megan said:

I’d like to mention an incident from last night, at our new stadium... 

My only interaction with a police officer last night, was when I went to the concourse/ back of the bays, to catch up with someone who was sitting and the police officers were standing next to him, so I stood behind, and one of the police officers asked if I wanted him to move so I could see the game! 

I was treated with respect, and like an actual human being!! 

My missus went out to get a drink at half time and had her ticket hanging out of her hand to show the security bloke to get back in whilst holding the drinks. A cop gently came over to her and just gave her a heads up that they’d had a few people trying to knick people’s tickets and to just be careful. Nothing groundbreaking but similar to yourself; she seemed happy with the manner in which the cop showed concern for her and offered advice rather than giving orders.

Hope this is more of whats to come from the season ahead rather than a one off for a friendly.

I also had a joke with a police officer whilst crossing the road outside the leagues club.

21 hours ago, bombagol said:

Great to hear!  You should let the Club know.  I'm sure they'd be grateful to hear from fans with good stories, not only when we have a whinge.

Good suggestion - I emailed the club this morning. As I said at the end of my email, looking forward to this gameday experience continuing through the A League season and beyond.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

It was weird wasn’t it? We walked in with three kids and non of them were searched 

Cool. Now we know how to get the flares in.

Still not out of the woods yet, there were plenty of cops doing laps of the pubs looking to make a statement.

I feel we may have ruined Church Street march route with that lightshow though.

5 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Still not out of the woods yet, there were plenty of cops doing laps of the pubs looking to make a statement.

I feel we may have ruined Church Street march route with that lightshow though.

Yeh. 

I was quite surprised that we hammered the flare opportunity so quickly. I was also pleasantly impressed and loved it.

Within 1 minute, diners on eat street were choking on smoke. 

Plenty of Leeds fans around so it didn't bother me, and they were impressed with the spectacle anyway.

I was just surprised that we took the opportunity so quickly. Oh well. I loved it anyway and sang my ******* heart out just behind the gang.

I get they’re illegal regardless but I thought the flares during the march were perfectly fine and safe. Not too many to be considered excessive and the marshals stood around them to prevent anyone burning themselves.

I prefer hanging on the edge of the march and the amount of people I could see in the restaurants and bars ogling the scenes was like the good old days. People were loving it.

Is it just me or did the article and it’s content they’ve referenced in this post, slip under the radar? Surely this should’ve got some more attention given the scale of the supposed crackdown?

Similar?

I see the images posted in the video clip are stencils. If they are going to be treated equally, their actual images should appear on front page of Herald Sun 

The incident at the VICNPL game today, will get us back on the front page tomorrow, for all the wrong reasons. 

Time for Football VIC to stop pussie footing around with some of these clubs 

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

The incident at the VICNPL game today, will get us back on the front page tomorrow, for all the wrong reasons. 

Time for Football VIC to stop pussie footing around with some of these clubs 

What incident?

At the Victory NPL2 game? There weren't many NPL games on today that I could see, just another NPL2 game with the Victorian youth rep team and a women's game, none of them looked like they had more than 100 fans.

Believe so