mack

Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

P11-16-05_14.55_bigger.jpg
Videos being deleted like you wouldn't believe...
11:44 AM · Aug 4, 2019

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

That's a metro comp not close to NPL, 6th tier in Victoria not even state league level. WTF

Are these incidents related, or has in been a weekend of violence on Vic sokkah fields?

Bergers vs Port scuffle seems like straightforward nuffie behaviour - but that Thunder vs Paco one? The dirty act that started it, the all-in on field with the spectators very close, the (Paco?) cameraman getting threatened with violence for suggesting everyone calm down. #NPLVIC
10:55 PM · Aug 3, 2019

Further to the @Channel9 news report this evening, @footballvic is aware of an incident that occurred on Friday evening and it‘s been referred for investigation by FV’s Disciplinary Department.

It’s not appropriate for us to comment on the matter but we reiterate that we take a zero tolerance approach to anyone acting in an anti-social manner at football matches. There will not be any further comment.

A bit of video from the Thunder v Paco game where the cameraman even gets involved in some of the verbal 

There was one I saw a couple of months ago where some clown was trying to jump the fence and have a crack at the players. He was carrying on like a dickhead, so much so that he started having a go at his own supporters in the end. Seems like NPL Vic brings them out of the woodwork

For those who are paywalled:

A-League bosses prepared to review fan bans as part of drive to boost active supporter groups

Packed houses and a reignited atmosphere are the focus of A-League bosses as the clubs race to ensure their first season of independence turns the tide of falling crowds and viewers.

A suite of measures to re-engage the active supporter groups who energised the A-League in the Wanderers’ early years will unfold in coming weeks — including a willingness to review the bans of a handful of those supporters hit with multiple-year penalties but who have sought a “second chance”.

With the draw for the new season finally released, barely two months before it kicks off, club owners have taken control of the competition’s management and strategy even before the legal separation from Football Federation Australia is complete.

Alongside key games being scheduled for smaller venues to drive atmosphere at games, attracting greater numbers in active groups including the Red and Black Bloc and The Cove is seen as essential to garnering wider interest in the competition.

Discussions over fan behaviour with police at assistant commissioner level have been described as productive, and a conference of supporter marshals from all the major fans groups will be held later this month to find common ground.

It’s understood that a small number of the fans given lengthy bans from all A-League games — all of whom have served substantial proportions of what are often five and 10-year penalties — could have the opportunity to petition for the suspensions to be lifted effectively on probation, a process that is said to have received conditional support from police and stadiums.

The measures are part of a broad swath of activity designed to reverse several years of decline in crowd and TV numbers, with the release of the fixture list the first concrete symbol of the league’s independence.

2 hours ago, matty said:

The sort of thing I was hoping to see with the clubs taking over 

Fantastic initiative, free hit for the new independent AL, the process to overturn appeals is onerous & expensive. In this way, fans get to come back but bans just suspended.

Plenty of those out there that just can’t afford to go through the process. Great news!

3 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Fantastic initiative, free hit for the new independent AL, the process to overturn appeals is onerous & expensive. In this way, fans get to come back but bans just suspended.

Plenty of those out there that just can’t afford to go through the process. 

The process was so onerous and convoluted though that they made it almost impossible to challenge any ban.

It's great that the clubs are working together with the active support to right the wrongs of the FFA.

Was there even a process at all?

I’m really surprised that article didn’t get more of a reaction from the broader A-League community. I myself only stumbled across it by accident. You would hope that if they do decide to host a proper review process that it is advertised more effectively.

I also wonder how those who are banned are responding to this news? Considering how anti-establishment the more hardcore active fans tend to be, it could be seen as somewhat of a slap in the face considering that this is only being proposed to ultimately benefit the league and it’s commercial interests. Would this sort of amnesty be taking place if the league was in a healthier position? 

14 hours ago, hughsey said:

I’m really surprised that article didn’t get more of a reaction from the broader A-League community. I myself only stumbled across it by accident. You would hope that if they do decide to host a proper review process that it is advertised more effectively.

I also wonder how those who are banned are responding to this news? Considering how anti-establishment the more hardcore active fans tend to be, it could be seen as somewhat of a slap in the face considering that this is only being proposed to ultimately benefit the league and it’s commercial interests. Would this sort of amnesty be taking place if the league was in a healthier position? 

Yeah I thought there’d be more noise too, but perhaps one of the reasons it hasn’t gotten much of a push is that the clubs don’t want any big noises being made about bringing back the “hooligans”.

As for the banned, you’d hope they give the new guys a chance. But you are right - if every a-league match was getting 30k this wouldn’t be happening. But it’s chicken and egg stuff. The banned dudes will say one of the main reasons the league is struggling is because they got banned, and maybe see it as justification for a return. I hope so because I agree with that.

Call me sceptical and maybe I’m overthinking this but let’s say there are fans who have their bans overturned - what will the surveillance on them be like? Are they going to be scrutinised to the point of not making it worth coming back in the first place?

On 12/08/2019 at 6:27 AM, hughsey said:

Yes, there was a process but one that wasn’t publicized to this day. I’ve spoken to one & heard a few second hand stories but that’s about it.

9 hours ago, hughsey said:

Call me sceptical and maybe I’m overthinking this but let’s say there are fans who have their bans overturned - what will the surveillance on them be like?

Where does Hatamoto come into this? You’d assume the FFA no longer have funds to keep this security organization on the payroll, do the independent A-League take this on?

7 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Coming soon to a WSW game near you.

Not just WSW....all codes I reckon

6 minutes ago, sonar said:

Not just WSW....all codes I reckon

Yeah, but you just know it will be WSW that's the trail case.

Didn't they have a bucket load of camera's pointed at you as you came into the old SFS?

1 minute ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Yeah, but you just know it will be WSW that's the trail case.

Didn't they have a bucket load of camera's pointed at you as you came into the old SFS?

That's just because we all look so photogenic in our Wanderers gear....lol....

5 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Coming soon to a WSW game near you.

It's already done.

When the RBB moved to the Collector the cops put up facial recognition and linked it to everyone's drivers license or ID before you could even get in. I think the also did it at the Roxy on one of the few occasions the RBB went there.

Then we played a few games in Gosford where the main entrance next to the RSL club (where the RBB would also enter) had facial recognition cameras. I'm pretty sure they've also used it at the SFS, and I'm practically certain our new stadium has it built into the surveillance system.

Posted (edited)

Spiffing stuff.

Not only do I get x-rayed by some buffoon with a wand upon entering the ground, I'll now be picked out by facial recognition cameras while watching the game, and so will my son. 

I'm there to watch a game of football ffs, not try and bring down Trump, Putin or go and fight for ISIS in Syria.

Edited by Wanderboy

16 hours ago, mack said:

I'm pretty sure they've also used it at the SFS

That was when they had those security cameras over the entrance right? There was a line of them, about 10 one after the other?

There’s been pieces on the news about facial recognition being used around areas throughout the city and various suburbs. It’s nothing new 

Come on, surely one of you should have said by now "I could use one of those after a night out on the turps."

On 21/08/2019 at 6:05 PM, mack said:

It's already done.

When the RBB moved to the Collector the cops put up facial recognition and linked it to everyone's drivers license or ID before you could even get in. I think the also did it at the Roxy on one of the few occasions the RBB went there.

Then we played a few games in Gosford where the main entrance next to the RSL club (where the RBB would also enter) had facial recognition cameras. I'm pretty sure they've also used it at the SFS, and I'm practically certain our new stadium has it built into the surveillance system.

Axis camera were installed into the new stadium, i know the person that worked on that project. All the new models include facial recognition in their software analytics, they are also very good quality and with the 20x or more digital zoom on these they will be able to tell you how many nose hairs you have sticking out

That effectively puts to bed that premise that Bronnby are the first football team to install face recognition cameras into stadiums :lol: