Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

20 hours ago, Ossified said:

And the RFS.

I bet there are certain sections of the media that are devastated there haven't been any flares this summer at the A-League. They'll have already written their attack piece with lines like "don't they realise the country's on fire" and "soccer fans hate firefighters".

• 2 weeks later...

The violent pushing shoving throwing baton beating way the police treated a large contingent of supporters who walked out was filthy. It was out of some unruly crowd control playbook. You can't begin to imagine the fear in some younger eyes being steamrolled by a police line of 'men' and horses. I'm sure stuff will be posted and once again peoples opinions divided unless you were on the receiving end of move on blows. 

3 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

The violent pushing shoving throwing baton beating way the police treated a large contingent of supporters who walked out was filthy. It was out of some unruly crowd control playbook. You can't begin to imagine the fear in some younger eyes being steamrolled by a police line of 'men' and horses. I'm sure stuff will be posted and once again peoples opinions divided unless you were on the receiving end of move on blows. 

You watch the way the RBB behave and it's clear they bring on action by the police, but I was watching people being grabbed and carried out with hands wrapped around their throats. You can't expect a mob that size to react well to such overly aggressive tactics.

The police were on edge all night. I parked about 10 mins from the ground and walked down and they were absolutely everywhere. I witnessed two female officers have an argument with one another cause one told traffic to continue through the lights at Carlton station and the other one said not to. They all looked stressed out of their minds in and outside of the ground.

Security and police seemed more obsessed about the fence situation rather than the flares. It needs to be said that the fences looked so old and worn that they were going to fall any minute. Particularly when you consider that they made the away end where there was only 3 rows of seats. That was stupid. I was on the left fringe of the RBB as I didn’t get in the ground til KO and the fencing there looked busted already. The positioning of the away bay was really dumb. They should’ve put the rbb on that hill and just roped off an area and then the non active fans down in those seats. Would’ve been much more sensible.

Definitely wasn’t the smartest idea replaying the game on a Friday night cause apparently they couldn’t set up/block roads the way they would’ve preferred had it been a Saturday instead. A ground like that in a surrounding like that, trying to segregate fans just doesn’t work. 

My indiscretion was to walk back in and join the goal celebration after we walked out. One young secco decided holding me back by the throat as we wrestled was a bright idea. It's in moments like those post game the curtain on how society really functions gets opened. None of this is the revolution just pantomime practice. It's refreshing to be feared on and off the field once again after such inept mediocrity even if it lasts one night. 

7 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

My indiscretion was to walk back in and join the goal celebration after we walked out. One young secco decided holding me back by the throat as we wrestled was a bright idea. It's in moments like those post game the curtain on how society really functions gets opened. None of this is the revolution just pantomime practice. It's refreshing to be feared on and off the field once again after such inept mediocrity even if it lasts one night. 

To be honest, you left with a group of people that had been kicked out. You can't expect to turn around and get back in.

2 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

To be honest, you left with a group of people that had been kicked out. You can't expect to turn around and get back in.

All good. I expected that and just tried to force the issue. Not a victim but a volunteer. 

On 29/02/2020 at 9:26 AM, hughsey said:

Security and police seemed more obsessed about the fence situation rather than the flares. It needs to be said that the fences looked so old and worn that they were going to fall any minute. Particularly when you consider that they made the away end where there was only 3 rows of seats. That was stupid. I was on the left fringe of the RBB as I didn’t get in the ground til KO and the fencing there looked busted already. The positioning of the away bay was really dumb. They should’ve put the rbb on that hill and just roped off an area and then the non active fans down in those seats. Would’ve been much more sensible.

I got to the ground pretty early and had a wander around and yep I thought the the active area in in those 3 rows of seats with fence didn't look great. You can't describe them as bays really, just a few steps with shitty seats stuck on. The fencing at the back of the hill wasn't the best, especially when people started pushing in to each other to see the RBB on the road outside, that could have turned nasty what with the big drop the other side. The police and security got really pissed about the chanting between the hill and RBB, the heavy handed police move along followed quick after.

There was a smaller hill behind the seats that was roped off and just had a few police in it, that should have been opened at least to take some pressure off.

It is not a suitable ground to host a derby game really is it. 

Edited by Smoggy

ooooh my ban is lifted.......

banned for expressing an opinion on homophobic tweets

who made that dude god?

shout outs to the "passionate fans" (thugs) who thought it was really cool to harass, scream at, and intimidate my 7 tear old son....... to tears!.......

for having the gall to stand on a railway platform wearing the wrong colour........

classy

He loves football a little less now so i hope those "fans" are proud of themselves.

Its such a mystery why you even need a thread about police and security. /sarcasm

thats right..... doubling down...... defending shitty behaviour and [paying the victim

Edited by hatty
41 minutes ago, hatty said:

who made that dude god?

shout outs to the "passionate fans" (thugs) who thought it was really cool to harass, scream at, and intimidate my 7 tear old son....... to tears!.......

for having the gall to stand on a railway platform wearing the wrong colour........

classy

He loves football a little less now so i hope those "fans" are proud of themselves.

Its such a mystery why you even need a thread about police and security. /sarcasm

thats right..... doubling down...... defending shitty behaviour and [paying the victim

....Syd FC fans would never do violence would they......?......from the history archives..........lol

Best behaved supporters. Yeh right. A well known Cove member assaults a 15-year old kid because he comes over to give them a bit of a serve. And gets booted whilst he's down by 3 others. I hope they make an example of this guy and he gets jail time. Absolute disgrace. And all this on top of smashing the window of a tram and injuring innocent bystanders at the last Sydney Melbourne match at Telstra Dome. You are a disgrace to football support in this country, despite what the clearly biased FFA say about you.

POT.KETTLE.BLACK.

"dad............. do two wrongs make a right?...... yes lisa two wrongs make a right!"

i talk of my own experience and you guys just want a dick measuring contest.

sydney as fans don't feel the need for not one but two threads about police and security...... i wonder why that is?

I condemn such behaviour...... ypu just blame it in the other guy and move on

get a grip

Edited by hatty
10 minutes ago, hatty said:

"dad,,,,,,, do two wrongs make a right?...... yes lisa two wrongs make aright!"

sydney as fans don't feel the need for not one but two threads about police and security...... i wonder why that is?

get a grip

Have a rant sure...but look in the mirror first......What I posted was before the inception of WSW.....football violence isn't just limited to one club.....if you're going to make generalised statements about a clubs fan base..and then go on their supporters forums.....make sure you include the thugs from the cove otherwise you come across as just a salty loser

It is a minority of fans from all clubs that are involed....not a majority. 

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, hatty said:

who made that dude god?

classy

FFS man go get laid, male or female I don't care but if my life had become that boring that I had to resort to trolling an opposition fan/forum page for a reaction I'd seriously start thinking about where my life went wrong.

Edited by scarcev

Why do people fear a successful WSW. Why the fear from across town, in the media and other codes...

Everytime we show something and dare to step outside the box you can feel the fear lol

And this is what all of this is...ESFC needs chums in the media to make them feel good but only at the cost of damage to the comp as a whole in my opinion...there is this ridiculous division created by flogs like Bossi that gets in the way of a proper mature derby rivalry....

Just a few thoughts..

Edited by Smoggy
2 hours ago, hatty said:

who made that dude god?

classy

As much as I see where you are coming from, I have experienced a small minority of Sydney fans do the exact same thing. I think it is wrong to classify all "passionate fans" as thugs because it is a small minority who are being dealt with. But of cause the twisted words of the media make it seem like its everyone. No research done by these "journalists".

I was there, in the RBB (although chose to stay while everyone else took a stand). Apart from the flares (as much as they're cool, they aren't meant to be used) the RBB was very well behaved and people got picked out from random (young and old) to be taken away from authorities. The Capo went to ask what happened and protested (with no malice) and got physically and verbally abused by the cops as many others did. One women was called fat and was pushed to the ground because she couldn't walk fast enough for the cops liking. 

I think you will find a lot of us will agree that a small minority cause these issues and they're being dealt with. But sometimes you have to look back at what some of your fans do. For example, I heard casual racism from a Sydney FC fan scream out that they should check every single Wanderers fans because most of them will have bombs in their bags.

In no way do I condone those actions of some in the RBB. In saying that I don't condone the actions of some in the Cove.

822 – Derby CopWatch

A few of the regulars from the pod went down - mainly Josh who literally basically only plays a trumpet and Mina who is a supporter - and they gave their details views on the overall logistics of getting there/stadium and the cops situation.
https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/822-derby-copwatch/

Edited by NickNova
2 hours ago, hatty said:

"dad............. do two wrongs make a right?...... yes lisa two wrongs make a right!"

I condemn such behaviour...... ypu just blame it in the other guy and move on

get a grip

Dude 

It's horrible that your kid was harrassed, there are some total nobheads out there. Unfortunatly it isn't just in our supporter base, not that it in anyway makes it ok. It isn't ok, if its WSW, or Sydney or Victory or whoever.

I could list the Cove incidents too (they aren't all the inclusive nice boys and girls of active support), just as I could list a bunch of Victory incidents. 

As for the "mystery" of the existance of this thread, and the insuation that it is caused soley by bad bahaviour of Wanderers fans, the actions of 1 or 2 do not make ok, the heavy handed approach of the security and cops at football games. The attempt of a male secuirty of office to pat down a 11 year old girl, the spraying of a under 12 with pepper spray, the ridiculous enforcement of "sit in your bay" at empty stadiums, being treated like animals going in and out of Allianz.

Similar to above, again, it is unfortunate but it doesn't just occur to WSW, I know I wrote to the FFA, Sydney, WSW, and the Council when that poor bloke got kicked out of your semi-final because he took his disabled daughter to the toilet in the wrong bay.. (btw Sydney and the Council did reply.. nothing from WSW or FFA). 

Dare I say the "our club unites, yours divides" attitude of the cove, is a bit on the kopitey side 

2 hours ago, hatty said:

Ur a good bloke..... still waiting to hear from the club , surely they'll stand up for the supporters that were treated like 💩 by the 🐷 

They were very quick to defend esfc

Worried they might lose another sponsor over abit of derby banter 

F... the fans , sponsor's mean more 

JTOUT

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

One women was called fat and was pushed to the ground because she couldn't walk fast enough for the cops liking. 

Need video footage of this. The amount of outrage some cops fat-shaming some poor girl would engender, the RBB incidents would quickly be resigned to the shadows.

1 hour ago, 1988banana said:

F... the fans , sponsor's mean more 

Exactly. There is one reason JT doesn’t back the fans. It’s the same reason you can’t listen to or trust most in the media - their bread is buttered elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Exactly. There is one reason JT doesn’t back the fans. It’s the same reason you can’t listen to or trust most in the media - their bread is buttered elsewhere.

So why would JT be ringing supporter(s) who he recognized on the TV coverage, when watching the replay yesterday & asking for their view on the reaction of the police & seccos in attendance at the venue on Friday night?

Some of the things I heard and witnessed from angelic Smurf fans on Friday night:

- a group of 20 something year olds in Sydney jerseys commenting on how they could bash a group of kids who walked past in WSW gear but would refrain from doing so cause they were underage, all cause one of the WSW kids had a rats tail

- a bloke walking back to the train station with his kids yelling at WSW fans about how we all live in parklea and have “**** for a jail” whatever that means...

- some clown hiding behind a fence yelling abuse at everyone leaving the away end because somehow the fact people were catching the train home was a sign of poor socioeconomic status and being bad people

- I watched a group of about 5-10 cove boys all in casual clobber make their way around the ground to the RBB at around the 80th min. They ended up standing right next to me and were loudly exclaiming how they were looking for a particular few people to have a scrap with. They literally stood in front of a line of overalled cops who seemed oblivious to this despite myself and several others around me clearly noticing what was going on and slowly moving away.

That last point in particular I found really concerning considering how eagle eyed every law enforcement and security official was watching the away end and acting on the faintest bit of commotion. Seems if you weren’t in red and black you were off the radar...

11 minutes ago, hughsey said:

- I watched a group of about 5-10 cove boys all in casual clobber make their way around the ground to the RBB at around the 80th min. They ended up standing right next to me and were loudly exclaiming how they were looking for a particular few people to have a scrap with. They literally stood in front of a line of overalled cops who seemed oblivious to this despite myself and several others around me clearly noticing what was going on and slowly moving away.

That last point in particular I found really concerning considering how eagle eyed every law enforcement and security official was watching the away end and acting on the faintest bit of commotion. Seems if you weren’t in red and black you were off the radar...

That scenario is always likely to be an issue at a suburban ground. Plus you can just imagine the Bossi headline had it kicked off......'RBB fans fighting amongst themselves' !!

It wouldn't surprise me if all next season's Derby games are played at Parramatta.

Edited by MartinTyler
autocorrect
3 hours ago, NickNova said:

822 – Derby CopWatch

A few of the regulars from the pod went down - mainly Josh who literally basically only plays a trumpet and Mina who is a supporter - and they gave their details views on the overall logistics of getting there/stadium and the cops situation.
https://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/822-derby-copwatch/

I've said before that the only thing that scared me at a league matches was the police. They reminded me of the gangs back in my young days that could attack you just for looking at them the wrong way, and this lot wear guns. That concern had diminished and almost disappeared over the oast year or two.

Not that I was directly affected by other than the huge police presence on Friday night, but the reported events that night brings it all back.

38 minutes ago, Taurus said:

So why would JT be ringing supporter(s) who he recognized on the TV coverage, when watching the replay yesterday & asking for their view on the reaction of the police & seccos in attendance at the venue on Friday night?

Is JT doing something about the Cop issue on Friday or is he going to place a ban on the RBB for ripping flares both inside and outside the ground on Friday night?

Last thing JT needs to do is piss the fans off.

Sydney FC management knew what they were doing and set our fans up. Danny Townsend is going to deny this but the guy is a smooth operator and will get away with this