mack

Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

Feeling like you have to protect any kid at a football game is not good.

I was there with my son in full wanderers colours but thankfully no issues at all heading back to the station...we were left well alone and didnt feel intimidated at all. If i had felt like that i guess my son would have picked up on it and might have felt the need to explain to him but then the things he comes out with make him seem more street wise than me these days :lol:

I see the issues the RBB had which are not good..away from that it was a normal night. Ok lots of cops about but if you have been to games in England then yeah..nothing to worry about really....

Active have genuine reason for concern...the station was not good for so many fans...sorry if any kid was hassled or upset by flares...but generally its all a bit drama queen at times.....

But appechiate we are all different and react to things in our own way.

Would i take my son back to a derby at Kogarah...yep.

On 03/03/2020 at 8:54 AM, MartinTyler said:

Not ANZ....Bankwest for all derbies until new SFS rebuild (5 years?)

we can just use bankrupt......

it doesn't belong to the wanderers 

my taxes paid for it just as much as anyone

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Feeling like you have to protect any kid at a football game is not good.

I was there with my son in full wanderers colours but thankfully no issues at all heading back to the station...we were left well alone and didnt feel intimidated at all. If i had felt like that i guess my son would have picked up on it and might have felt the need to explain to him but then the things he comes out with make him seem more street wise than me these days :lol:

I see the issues the RBB had which are not good..away from that it was a normal night. Ok lots of cops about but if you have been to games in England then yeah..nothing to worry about really....

Active have genuine reason for concern...the station was not good for so many fans...sorry if any kid was hassled or upset by flares...but generally its all a bit drama queen at times.....

But appechiate we are all different and react to things in our own way.

Would i take my son back to a derby at Kogarah...yep.

he will be back there tonight as a mascot for the ensuing hammering we will get from jeonbuk....... but it will bring him back to the game a little.

Edited by hatty

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hatty said:

we can just use bankrupt......

it doesn't belong to the wanderers 

my taxes paid for it just as much as anyone

Which bit of my comment do you find fault with? Where did I say it belonged to the Wanderers? Keep up mate !!

Edited by MartinTyler
spelling

Posted (edited)

5 years for a stadium playing at jubulee when there is a perfectly good one at parramatta?

Edited by hatty

So where are you going to play your home Grand Final if you have an aversion to playing any home games at Parramatta?

i don't have an aversion...... i think parramatta would be ace!

2 minutes ago, hatty said:

i don't have an aversion...... i think parramatta would be ace!

So what about home games against the Wanderers, as per my original comment?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, hatty said:

i wish for wanderers to prosper...... not give the game we all love a bad name and ammunition to ****wit egg ball loving scribes......... the RBB.... well whoever is left cant handle why i bring up why four flares get ripped at away games and i have to try to explain it to my son . I then have to them protect said seven year old (so is safe to say iv'e been laid at lead once dickhead) from a bored frustrated angry mob.

I am not a troll...... my opinions are just as valid as yours.

its such a mystery why the RBB has such a bad reputation........

nah its all the cops and ffa and secos and the all seeing eye of the illuminati.

righty oh then

we learned our lessons over time......... some people refuse to even look.

carrry on with your delightful police issues trilogy 

Did you go straight to the Police.?

As a parent who was concerned for my child's safety.....I definitely would of. Straight away.........

I would of done something about it. Go to A Current Affair.....The Daily Telegraph...

Have you made a formal complaint to the club.? If not....... why. ?

There are CCTV's everywhere. They would have no trouble verifying your story.

Do something about it instead of being a sook on a supporters forum.

Edited by sonar

Posted (edited)

yes..... i did .......i think the mob intimidated them too much so they just rammed me and my crying boy onto a train

anyhoo.......... water under the bridge....... good luck for the rest of the season

the game in this country more than ever needs the wanderers to be good

Edited by hatty

Hatty the problem with the smurfs is if all games are at Bankwest Corica and Redmayne and the rest of your whining mob will run out of excuses for losing :)   

Posted (edited)

haha the league table says otherwise...... but if you want to start a pissing contest i refuse to bite any further.

I still think bankrupt is ace!

Edited by hatty

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, hatty said:

yes..... i did .......i think the mob intimidated them too much so they just rammed me and my crying boy onto a train

anyhoo.......... water under the bridge....... good luck for the rest of the season

the game in this country more than ever needs the wanderers to be goos

I'll have to call crap on your story..........If it was as harrowing as you say the Police wouldn't of just packed you on a train.

Where the safety of minors are concerned........ and threats made against minors and those minors are presented to the Police..........they cannot by law dismiss those complaints........they are governed by the Child Protection Act.........fact.

Edited by sonar

1 hour ago, hatty said:

we learned our lessons over time......... some people refuse to even look.

carrry on with your delightful police issues trilogy 

Shut up and accept what the cops and the stadium and security want you to do. Suck it up. Accept the authority of force.

That way, when say, you want to walk your daughter to the toilet, there won't be an issue.

i accept what the cops do.....

many "fans" dont

hence the need for your two threads about them........ idiots

anyway...... getting dumber by the second reading this bile.

later....... try not to scream at any more seven year olds before the season is out

1 minute ago, hatty said:

later....... try not to scream at any more seven year olds before the season is out

Never happened anyway. Just a made up story. 

6 minutes ago, hatty said:

i accept what the cops do.....

many "fans" dont

hence the need for your two threads about them........ idiots

Ah the old "I'm even handed, but you guys aren't" type response.

Only - you didn't respond to my response to your story. Where is it? You got heaps of good will from people in this thread. And then resort to "keep screaming at my kid". Like this isn't something that happens everywhere, and like everyone agreeing with you don't exist.

SO basically what you are saying is:

You don't like ill treatment of people, UNLESS IT'S BY THE POLICE THEN IT'S JUSTIFIED.

You wish people would think about the issues a bit more and try and see things from different perspectives EXCEPT WHEN THEY DO YOU IGNORE IT AND ACTUALLY YOU DON'T TRY YOURSELF.

14 minutes ago, hatty said:

Well, you could always do something better with your life than continue replying on an opposing teams forum.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hatty said:

Was this carlton station or kogarah and about what time ?

Edited by Smoggy

Honestly i dont believe hatty at all , really!! a bunch of blokes intimidated a young kid with his father , seriously can not see that happening......

Anyway , anyone got any toilet paper , i heard we're gonna run out of tablet salt too , quick everyone off to coles

16 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

Honestly i dont believe hatty at all , really!! a bunch of blokes intimidated a young kid with his father , seriously can not see that happening......

Anyway , anyone got any toilet paper , i heard we're gonna run out of tablet salt too , quick everyone off to coles

I think there is a limit to 4 bog roll packets a person now.....hard currency...will be a black market for bog paper soon.

19 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I think there is a limit to 4 bog roll packets a person now.....hard currency...will be a black market for bog paper soon.

Every pkt of bog roll comes with a complementary "Doomsday Preppers "DVD"

34 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Putting a limit on it is a joke.

You buy 4 bog roll packets as per the limit, pay for them, take them back to the car, and then go back and buy another 4. How do they stop this from happening?

Posted (edited)

edit. double.

Edited by Wanderboy

Fireworks are bad.

If the kids are getting frightened by them, we should just ban them for good. 

There, I've said my piece

Posted (edited)

Terrific post Boh.

The liasing step is absolutely crucial and when things go wrong it is ALWAYS this step that has been ignored. Always. I get that it is harder when away, but seriously. How these riot police are employed and either clearly not getting, or ignoring, the brief, after all these years, is just inexplicable. Like Jaush said on the podcast, it's either intentional or negligent.

And the thing is, everybody is reasonable who are in those liasing positions. The capo position, that's the person who can get everyone to calm down or whatever, and in our case, we've got one of the nicest most genuine and most reasonable fellas you could hope to have in that position - boh, your impression is spot on. But uninformed or ignorant cops just see "gang leader" and they are trained that if you take out the leader that's job done, I guess. Which is just bloody dumb; or, worse, they KNOW this and WANT to inflame things so some heads can be cracked.

Edited by marron

What a pelican!

People who deliberately stand on the seats at a football stadium are hooligan thugs, not supporters. Supporters behave responsibly and that includes not deliberately standing on things that were not designed to be stood on.
---------------------------------------------------

a1KfY5x3_bigger.jpg

Replying to
Srsly fella, the Capo needs to be in an elevated position, to communicate with his colleagues & supporter marshals, hence why there are Capo stands in active bay at home games. I on the other hand, stood at the fence behind the goals, had a crazy time, but saw SFA of the game.
7:21 PM · Mar 4, 2020·Twitter for Android