Police, Security & Supporter Discussion Part 2

9 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So ramping this up

(Slater Alert) On Sunrise, Robbie Slater is interviewed and reasonable, for a change. In the article published it was pointed out there were hooligan elements from Horda.

Now, there is going to be a security review for the Melbourne Olympic Park area.

And unbelievably, Sky News looked at how easy flares (marine distress) are too easy to buy. Regulation incoming.

3 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Didn't catch it all but 10 news had someone (some expert?) speaking about antisocial groups involved who are bringing a bad name to ordinary fans. Seems the narrative is broadening it and some reason is entering the hype.

Still expect cops and stadia to up the ante as they will be asked questions if it happens on their jurisdiction.

https://7news.com.au/sport/soccer/pitch-invaders-linked-to-extreme-hooligan-group-as-soccer-legend-slams-divided-officials-talk-of-unity-is-farcical-c-9217634

2 hours ago, marron said:

Robbie Slater: football is toi divided

-You mean with the APL, FA, clubs, fan groups and other stakeholders?

Slater: no it's on like 4 different channels.

Of which none of them are now paying me.

2 hours ago, marron said:

Robbie Slater: football is toi divided

-You mean with the APL, FA, clubs, fan groups and other stakeholders?

Slater: no it's on like 4 different channels.

He really is a dickhead isn't he? What has the TV rights for overseas leagues got to do with this. What a melt 

Victory members should be thankful they can go to the game I thought it would be a few closed door for sure. 

Given there is no real precedent hard to say it’s fair but I don’t mind what they have done. 

Gives them time to prosecute the scumbags and hopefully in a month or so they can get back to some sort of normal or new normal for rest of season; not sure if they will get active back this year though.

( Thanks to Unlimited for the link ).

An analysis of his Facebook activity reveals him posting a screenshot of a chat on the “Australian Ultras” about organised fights between soccer fans.

One mate says “Guys, can we arrange a fight with Frankston or yville? once we get 20 lads it’s on … No more peace treaties … Alex Aggs … their time’s up.”

Agelopoulos responds, labelling a group of South Melbourne supporters as a “crew full of snitches”.

The page also features supporters throwing tables, tossing flares and shouting abuse at each other.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/alex-agelopoulos-revealed-as-bucket-man-involved-in-melbourne-victory-pitch-invasion/news-story/6b9b987728cc6fd876ad1e016905568c?amp

This is where football and clubs need to get together and collaborate with authorities to get these guys away from our sport. They're destroying it foe the majority.

On 28/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, sonar said:

Agelopoulos responds, labelling a group of South Melbourne supporters as a “crew full of snitches”.

So SMFC Mike ratted him out? :rofl:

• 2 months later...

yes saw this happen I was at the back of the bay just in front of where they did this to the guy. They were absolutely looking for trouble any excuse to act.. there was a large contingent stood at the back of the bay all game looking all tough and intimidating  hopefully not back to the dark days  of over policing again.  

I had issues getting into the stadium, so many cops at the entrance too. I had some "Nobody"  with a high vis shirt and the Wand they use to pat you down on a massive power trip trying to make it difficult for me, knowing full well if I reacted badly the cops were waiting to step in.  Didn't help though when i lost patience and told him where to stick his Wand... survived that then go to the entrance to the actual stadium and had to go through it all over again. 

My son has a friend who is a regular in the cove, he asked him if  they were subjected to the same double pat down and scan with the wand and  large  contingent of Police in and around the cove...guess what NO...

Seems like intentional targeting of WSW Fans  ?

Would love to know where the directive came from.

- made buying tickets hard 

- reduced the March 

- heavy presence 

- removal for the slightest thing 

- very physical 

Meanwhile down the other end... Cove chucking **** left right and centre and..... none of that.

Away fans will always attract extra attention but this is extra blatant stuff. People will say we bring It on ourselves but what has happened recently to warrant this? Victory? Ok then.... the cove cop it too then, right? 

Very clear targeting. I'd just Like to know at whose request. 

• 11 months later...

I’m here, ready for the restart of this thread after RBB members were allegedly thrown to the ground when trying to get back into the RBB (post tifo) as advised by security 

:help:

I spoke to a security guy too, he acknowledged the police were OTT. 

It felt like the old days at the stadium tonight, police everywhere. Was an accident waiting to happen. 

51 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I spoke to a security guy too, he acknowledged the police were OTT. 

It felt like the old days at the stadium tonight, police everywhere. Was an accident waiting to happen. 

Maybe coincidental but a lot of the old sub group banners where out haven't seen them for a while 

It's a shame as it spoilt a great game...

Oh..

What a depressing night 

Surprise surprise the NRL season is upon us and the cops decide it’s time to **** over wogball 🤣

first Campbelltown now Parramatta 

Cove look out your next on the hit list right on schedule to bring the game down to make sure NRL gets a boost. 

9 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Cove look out your next on the hit list right on schedule to bring the game down to make sure NRL gets a boost. 

Cops won’t touch the bootlickers. They need them jumping into every comment thread blaming the victims with the whole “if you don’t do anything wrong you’ve got nothing to worry about” routine.