Chris Herd

Date Of Birth: 04/04/89
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Melbourne, Australia
Squad Number: 25
Position: Defensive Midfield
Secondary Positions: Right Fullback

Joined Wanderers: 12/06/17
Contract Details: 2 year initial contract.
Contract Finish: 2018/19
Previous Club: Gillingham
Wanderers Debut: 1st October 2017 vs Wellington Phoenix

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 9
Wanderers A-League Goals: 0

Wanderers ACL Appearances:
Wanderers ACL Goals:

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 3
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances:
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals:

Wanderers Total Appearances: 12
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2017/18: 12 (0)

International Team:
International Caps:
International Goals:

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: A utility defender with a career ravaged by injury and off-field problems. Herd only managed 12 games for the Wanderers, spending more time in England than in Australia before an inevitable mutual termination at the end of the first year of his 2 year contract.

View full record

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

i can see our fans hating him when he misses a tackle or misplaces a pass.

he could make a game saving tackle or score a screamer to win us a game and our fans will still say he's **** because of two mistakes he made in round one and they already have their mind made up.

If he wears an active group sub culture t shirt then some of our fans will love him forever even if he does nothing else.

3 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

he could make a game saving tackle or score a screamer to win us a game and our fans will still say he's **** because of two mistakes he made in round one and they already have their mind made up.

whats the context to this comment? I've never herd of the guy, let alone seen him play. 

THAT, and it's off season. I need to read something. 

7 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Yeah, they'll follow each other like a herd of sheep on facebook

• 2 months later...

Most relevant bit re: signing for WSW

I felt it was an opportunity I had to take.

It’s a great environment to be in, probably the most professional environment I’ve been in since I was at Villa. No disrespect to the lower-league clubs in England, but back here they leave no stone unturned and it’s nice to be in there and getting tested every day as a player and a person.

It’s been awesome. I’ve learnt more stuff in three months than I had in the last three or four years in England.

It was great to have Tony Popovic as coach, I loved the discipline he brought to the group, so while I’m disappointed I won’t be playing under him now he’s gone to Turkey, I learnt a lot from him and look forward to taking that into this season in the Red & Black.

The practice I got from getting used to constant changes of managers in England will stand me in good stead. We’re all professionals at the Wanderers, so we’ll all get on with the job while the club sorts out the coaching situation.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...