WSW Members Forum 25 July 2017

17 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

since i cant go if anyone has the chance can they ask them about the clubs most idiotic decision to wear white and red to our first huge international match against an EPL opponent, we want to be an international brand lets showcase our brand by completely ignoring our own colours

i mean if someone talks to the CEO after the event thingy but it is a valid question imo

I already answered this in the other thread: Arsenal were the home team for that match 

notice the tickets and all the marketing said "Arsenal v WSW"

10 minutes ago, DontCallMeJacko said:

Arsenal may have been the home team, but the "leaked" mostly black jersey, black shorts, and black socks would have been less of a clash than what was worn.

Also: still at work. Out.

Tbf the match coordinator (FFA) is the same match coordinator who approved Wellington Phoenix in silver vs Melbourne Victory in greyish white in that one A-League match a few seasons back

Arrgh late out of work, got stuck in inner-west traffic. Google machine said I'd be there by 7:25. That's before finding a park and getting inside. Turned around. Was only 10 min from my house and I just got in, had buckleys of getting there.

First one of these I really wanted to be at.

Can't someone facebook live or Periscope it? We have the technology.

12 minutes ago, Carns said:

Certainly seems colourful based on the Twitter updates from the link posted above, worth following Shiny's tweets.

I liked this tweet:

It is clear to me that the FFA and the media pressure was the thing that caused that letter, not the WSW board/leadership/chairpeople.

Clearly, the club administration want active support and all of that - it's just external pressure which is causing them to act in such a way

If it was the FFA running this, it would've been "nah you're banned, hey officer can you arrest this guy?"

4 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I liked this tweet:

It is clear to me that the FFA and the media pressure was the thing that caused that letter, not the WSW board/leadership/chairpeople.

Clearly, the club administration want active support and all of that - it's just external pressure which is causing them to act in such a way

If it was the FFA running this, it would've been "nah you're banned, hey officer can you arrest this guy?"

This says it all....

LOL :rofl:

Methinks someone from the club is reading the forum. Someone **cough**me**cough** suggested this exact idea in the email thread two weeks ago. I even suggested them meeting four times a year.

I want royalties or recognition or something :P The CaptainJess Wanderers Consultation Group.

In fact, I want to be a part of it. Happy to put my hand up. If someone at the club is reading this, feel free to contact me.  

3 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

LOL :rofl:

Methinks someone from the club is reading the forum. Someone **cough**me**cough** suggested this exact idea in the email thread two weeks ago. I even suggested them meeting four times a year.

I want royalties or recognition or something :P The CaptainJess Wanderers Consultation Group.

In fact, I want to be a part of it. Happy to put my hand up. If someone at the club is reading this, feel free to contact me.  

Does the Inner West Hipster Thread get our craft beer and artisan coffee then?

4 minutes ago, Valter43 said:

Tbh sounds like it was a mess. 

Not getting a good vibe from skimming the updates, sounds like RBB members will be leaving as pissed off as they went in........not sure what to say about WST's contribution, they say it isn't sucking up to the club, but comes over like it......

But hard to form a proper judgement from a few twatter feeds.

Edited by WSWBoro