WSW Members Forum 25 July 2017

Hi All Happy back again :clapping:

I attended the meeting at the Marconi club, 

The meeting was held up as few banned members wanted to enter the meeting , the banned members were let in so as to allow the meeting to go ahead under the condition that they behaved. 

After an updated from the Management on all things going forward , ie: membership packs delivered by mid September, a better and earlier establishment of a first squad ,

an agreement to hold 4 meetings with selected participants from all areas of the membership.

The RBB group , (the meeting area was split and an area for the RBB and banned members was organised)

And so it began , a whole lot of we did you did and who did.

The one obvious thing to me sitting as a neutral in all of this the RBB can argue as much as they like about ring ins letting of flairs etc: (I don't disagree with that) but when the Arnie Tifo was displayed that went way over the line (I hate Arnie as much as any western Sydney supporter) 

I think the RBB in general have been great for the wanderers but we have let a few unsavoury types get some control  , sadly I seen a few in action tonight and it was like the CFMEU organiser stirring trouble on a union site in Melbourne.   

We need to remember that this a family sport at that should over rule everthing else , make it good for the family and kids to come ,find a way to get the colour and the such that a flair gives without using a dangerous flair. The Arnie TIFO took that away and all involved deserve the bans and should hold the club to ransom by gatecrashing the forum    

Come on fellas and girls lets all work together to make this club great , we are in the middle of growing pains and we need to make sure we come out of that strong.  

Bye for now from Happy (I am a little sad tonight) :sorry:

3 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Tbf the match coordinator (FFA) is the same match coordinator who approved Wellington Phoenix in silver vs Melbourne Victory in greyish white in that one A-League match a few seasons back

3 hours ago, DontCallMeJacko said:

Further proof that the FFA couldnt organise a root in a brothel.....

Actually, amongst the more passionate bits at tonight's meeting, we were told that these matches (Arsenal, Liverpool et al) are organised by ANZ Stadium.

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

Not getting a good vibe from skimming the updates, sounds like RBB members will be leaving as pissed off as they went in........not sure what to say about WST's contribution, they say it isn't sucking up to the club, but comes over like it......

But hard to form a proper judgement from a few twatter feeds.

Well I did say before that the WST guys will be the ones very happy to see this sort of 'injunction' placed on the RBB as they badly want the RBB gone so they can takeover active support

9 minutes ago, SBW said:

Well I did say before that the WST guys will be the ones very happy to see this sort of 'injunction' placed on the RBB as they badly want the RBB gone so they can takeover active support

In all seriousness, they played tonight's forum expertly. They both distanced themselves from the suits whilst cozying up to them. Their leader/rep who spoke on their behalf posed as a voice of reason and said the kind of things that would've made anyone antagonised by the RBB and who didn't know a bit about WST think more kindly of them.

I just wish 'Shouty Man' was given more time to scream loudly about 'A Current Affair', 2GB and murderers in WSW kit

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

How to lose control of the agenda in 15 mins, was the highlight or should I say lowlight of my night. 

Most learned observers, including the bloke Manfred referred too, would have left the gathering wondering what they had just witnessed.

Despite the club having the opportunity to be proactive & lead the agenda, in terms of the correspondence forwarded to all members on July 12th, plus any other relevant matters they wish to focus on, they allowed ownership of the agenda to be assumed by the masses from the floor.

Chaotic would be a kind way to describe the proceedings.

Whilst we have a few fruitloops among our members, it was the club representatives, that IMO, came across as unprofessional, condescending, objectionable, reactionary & dysfunctional, rather than the active supporter group(s) that they would have preferred, were the focus of attention on such an occasion. 

For all the toing & froing nothing was achieved, no binding agreements were reached, no resolutions were passed, so I rate the night an F for FAIL.

Obviously FFA types!

I'm inclined to think it related more to a lack of planning & an assumption of roles, that appear to be above the capabilities of certain individuals.

I'm no expert, but I would assume that if you're going to excel in a communication field, conflict resolution is a skill worth your learning

12 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I already answered this in the other thread: Arsenal were the home team for that match 

notice the tickets and all the marketing said "Arsenal v WSW"

**** the marketing sydney fc had their home kit

it was ******* spineless of our club, can you imagine AC Milan doing the same thing? no, no ******* club would apart from us and we pretend like we want to build an international brand, we were in no way the away team and yes neither were sydney fc

sounds like i missed a lot of fun at the fourm

25 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

**** the marketing sydney fc had their home kit

it was ******* spineless of our club, can you imagine AC Milan doing the same thing? no, no ******* club would apart from us and we pretend like we want to build an international brand, we were in no way the away team and yes neither were sydney fc

sounds like i missed a lot of fun at the fourm

The smurfs could have had their new kit against the standard Arsenal Kit (red v blue).

Arsenal should have launched their new alternate kit against us (black/pink) v white instead of the hydrid white/black shorts.

Just now, Paul01 said:

The smurfs could have had their new kit against the standard Arsenal Kit (red v blue).

Arsenal should have launched their new alternate kit against us (black/pink) v white instead of the hydrid white/black shorts.

but arsenal didnt and we should have been prepared for it, also **** arsenal they should have worn their away kit anyways while we wear our home kit, i am not a eurosnob so that marketing means **** all to me

Well on thinking about it, I agree with Taurus that the club lost control of the agenda. The meeting came about as a result of the email they sent and they should have given the members an explanation of how and why the email came about and what exactly they are looking to achieve. 

On the other hand, I felt the RBB arrived like a bunch of posturing teenagers with their posse of banned members knowing it was a members only meeting. This in itself, and causing trouble at the door and forcing the club to negotiate with them about these members first up, upset the course of the meeting from the beginning.

I would also observe that we have known about this meeting for weeks and yet the RBB did not have one prepared question, they were disorganised and resorted to insults which was never going to achieve anything. 

The club responded poorly, particularly the guy to JTs right who got very defensive. JT himself was fired up but I think he was justified with the accusations being thrown at him. 

Quite frankly, the club is right, the RBB need a small leadership group willing to work with the club. Sorry, but the WST guy at the end said it well, even though they probably have an agenda of their own.

Negotiating with the club is a sign of maturity not weakness.  

7 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Well on thinking about it, I agree with Taurus that the club lost control of the agenda. The meeting came about as a result of the email they sent and they should have given the members an explanation of how and why the email came about and what exactly they are looking to achieve. 

On the other hand, I felt the RBB arrived like a bunch of posturing teenagers with their posse of banned members knowing it was a members only meeting. This in itself, and causing trouble at the door and forcing the club to negotiate with them about these members first up, upset the course of the meeting from the beginning.

I would also observe that we have known about this meeting for weeks and yet the RBB did not have one prepared question, they were disorganised and resorted to insults which was never going to achieve anything. 

The club responded poorly, particularly the guy to JTs right who got very defensive. JT himself was fired up but I think he was justified with the accusations being thrown at him. 

Quite frankly, the club is right, the RBB need a small leadership group willing to work with the club. Sorry, but the WST guy at the end said it well, even though they probably have an agenda of their own.

Negotiating with the club is a sign of maturity not weakness.  

Well said Cynth. That was my sentiment also. 

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

The club could take a different stance with the Terrorgraph. 

It could try the political strategy: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

I think the club missed an opportunity to get fans onside by issuing an email release saying we have abandoned relationships with DT. 

I think it would've been a sentiment to show that the club cares about its community's perception. 

Hi All Happy back again :good:

The biggest failing of the night was letting banned people into the forum, it was a disgrace and as a supporter who wants to go to the game with family and enjoy the soccer and the atmosphere I can only wonder if the Western Sydney Wanderers need the RBB in the form it is, Wanderers should have rescheduled the meeting.

The Banned fella, ex RBB leader I think who spoke  and made some attempt at justifying what he did said it all for me.

we had 20000 members last year, how many make up the core of RBB maybe 3 or 400 losing them will not hurt the club and the fringe RBB will continue to attend because they enjoy the reason we are there, to watch our local soccer club.

And shouty hurt my ears.

Come on fellas lets clean this mess up.

Bye for now from Happy