2017/18 EPL & F.A Cup thread

Just got in from going to Goodison. It's a special place, proper football stadium. Pre game drinks, walk to ground. Everton 3-0 win. Tom Davis is boss, great to see a home grown scouse player dominate a game. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is great too.

Z Cars as the teams come out nothing beats it 

seats in row G of lower Gwladys st end 

Edited by StringerBellend
2 hours ago, Davo said:

Interesting stat from that game. Sunderland's starting XI had more Everton appearances than Everton's. Sunderland had Jack Rodwell, Darren Gibson and James Vaughan who have 238 Everton appearances between them. Koeman played such a young side they only 230 combined appearances.

Vaughan got a standing ovation from Everton fans as he came off.

Still love him, shame he had such bad injuries as without them he'd have been some player. Good to see he has fought his way back to playing championship level.

Oveido was also on the bench for them

• 2 weeks later...

I love Everton but they don't half make it hard some times 

Briliant performance to draw with the 7th best Cypriot team

#koemanout #bringbackbobbybrownshoes

Me being a bellend
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Carns said:

@StringerBellend

Good article re: Koeman, only a matter of time before he gets the sack?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41716554

I’m firmly in the Koeman out camp. As the article says, what team are we? What is he trying to do? 

My guess is he has two more games to show something but I can’t see him being here January 

Who comes in though?

30 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m firmly in the Koeman out camp. As the article says, what team are we? What is he trying to do? 

My guess is he has two more games to show something but I can’t see him being here January 

Who comes in though?

Me too. To me, his position is untenable.

Some outlets are reporting that Moyes is lined up to replace him, which is surely a troll? He's been sacked by 3 clubs in 4-5 years since he left.

Mind you, this is the English press. They've also thrown up Benitez (I'd be happy with Rafa - but he's doing better with Newcastle anyway), Walter Mazzarri and a myriad of others.

2 hours ago, Carns said:

Me too. To me, his position is untenable.

Some outlets are reporting that Moyes is lined up to replace him, which is surely a troll? He's been sacked by 3 clubs in 4-5 years since he left.

Mind you, this is the English press. They've also thrown up Benitez (I'd be happy with Rafa - but he's doing better with Newcastle anyway), Walter Mazzarri and a myriad of others.

What about the Rhino Unsworth and Big Dunc duo? 

Moyes and his crappy Cardigans can do one, I’d rather have Bobby brown shoes back 

Not surprised, I just hope they can get a reasonable replacement.

I like in the video in the article that they state that Everton needs to at least ask managers like Ancelotti and Thomas Tuchel. May as well aim as high as we can (will probably end up with Allardyce or some such shite).

8 minutes ago, Carns said:

Not surprised, I just hope they can get a reasonable replacement.

I like in the video in the article that they state that Everton needs to at least ask managers like Ancelotti and Thomas Tuchel. May as well aim as high as we can (will probably end up with Allardyce or some such shite).

And it’s a big Goodison Park welcome to Phil Brown

I really should go to bed rather than try and Wendy up about the walk out song 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

then I read we are probably getting Big Sam

sobering stuff 

Depressing, isn't it? It was the one thing I didn't want them to do.

Can only justify it if they are simply trying to stave of relegation and will go all out for a great manager for next season. But it just means all the efforts of this season have been such a waste (of time, money and supporter goodwill).