Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Prydzopolis

Condolences (RIP)

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

RIP Damien Lovelock 

 

and SBS the world game too 

 

I used to love watching him n Les Murray have football conversations 

RIP  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

I used to love watching him n Les Murray have football conversations 

RIP  :(

What a shame to hear this news. I met him on a few occasions when I  was in bands during the 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

RIP Bury FC 

its a shame with all the $ in football, this happens

Its awful. Boro got to within 1hr of being booted out of the EFL in 1986, know what it is like to go to the brink...but not over it...very sad.

And the saddest thing of all here is there is a stand at Gigg Lane is named after the father of Gary and Phil Neville, they have big associations with the club. Yet for the last 5 or 6 years they have been pouring their money in to Salford City as part of the former Man U players consortium. Can't help think the rise of Salford has contributed to the downfall of Bury. The Neville's have been very quiet on the matter.....

Terrible for the fans of Bury...such a community club and now a community with its heart ripped out.

Bolton could be next...and then who after that....

Edited by Erimus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The EFL needs in investigating, how a dodgy bastard like Dale got to run a football club. 

Financial irregularities left right and centre. Aston Villa have openly breached FFP rules on the road back to the EPL, as have Derby.

Boro are trying to work within set constraints and play by the rules. Gibson Boro's chairman has tried to take Derby to court....and has been shouted down.

Its an absolute mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Erimus said:

Its awful. Boro got to within 1hr of being booted out of the EFL in 1986, know what it is like to go to the brink...but not over it...very sad.

And the saddest thing of all here is there is a stand at Gigg Lane is named after the father of Gary and Phil Neville, they have big associations with the club. Yet for the last 5 or 6 years they have been pouring their money in to Salford City as part of the former Man U players consortium. Can't help think the rise of Salford has contributed to the downfall of Bury. The Neville's have been very quiet on the matter.....

Terrible for the fans of Bury...such a community club and now a community with its heart ripped out.

Bolton could be next...and then who after that....

Salford were a mid-table team in the 8th level of English Football when the United players bought them they would have been roughly equivalent to an NSW State League side, playing in front of 100 friends and family members of the players.

When they started it was an entirely different level of financial spending to a League Two/One club, and then they bought in the Singaporean billionaire to help finance their rise up the table. I'm sure they both hate what happened but it's the fault of the suits at the EFL and the bastard owner.

This happens so often in England it's really time for some kind of legislation around ownership of football clubs, like you buy a club and send it bankrupt you go to jail and are personally liable, you can't load a club up with debt like the Glazers did, can't siphon off cash using Graham Ashley style merchandise deals, selling land the club owns etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This Bury thing makes me feel sick, and also takes me back to August 1986, remember the deadline night so well. Boro had a 11pm deadline to get a consortium deal though or else be kicked out of the EFL. The local news came on at around 9pm and said that the consortium bid looked like failing and that Boro were going out of existence, fans started gathering at the ground and surrounded the radio car. I was sent to bed around 9:30sih probably, must have been just after 11 when my old man woke me up to say that we had been saved at the death, the deal was agreed and accepted with around 10mins to go. I remember how worried I was and thinking what would I do without the Boro, what would we do on Saturday afternoons in the season without them. just feel so gutted for those Bury fans :(

This Dale fella should be hunted down and strung up by his ankles....no testicles... from a street light in the middle of town :xmad: Bastard. 

 

1fa176d7-8c95-40c6-9a53-43e4855000e0.jpg

35ab70fc-3cd0-4c46-bb2e-1eb370f9ef78.jpg

 

9447141a-ced5-432f-a192-ca92fd97918e.jpg

 

 

Edited by Erimus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Sid Haig 
Best known for being Captain Spaulding and being in probably one of the worst horror films of all time...House of 1000 corpses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R.I.P Dihann Carroll....I vaguely remember the show Julia......groundbreaking at the time.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sonar said:

R.I.P Dihann Carroll....I vaguely remember the show Julia......groundbreaking at the time.....

 

:(

Ill never forget her sons friend on the show , Earl J Waggedorn! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A belated RIP...

The voice of the talking clock (1194) Richard Peach ,who died in 2008,  was heard for the last time last night after Telstra ended their support

i guess his time was up

 

 

 

 

:cheeky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

A belated RIP...

The voice of the talking clock (1194) Richard Peach ,who died in 2008,  was heard for the last time last night after Telstra ended their support

i guess his time was up

 

 

 

 

:cheeky:

Never fear!

https://1194online.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Mike Raymond  :(

“Be there! “ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best gigs I saw with Mental As Anything was at the Doyalson RSL where they had two bbq's set up at the side pf the stage and the roadies were cooking sausage sangers for the audience.....:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sonar said:

One of the best gigs I saw with Mental As Anything was at the Doyalson RSL where they had two bbq's set up at the side pf the stage and the roadies were cooking sausage sangers for the audience.....:D

Doylo's! nice club.
Haven't been there for ages though...I guess it's all changed though since I been there like 7-8 years ago

I was going to post about Pim.
It's very sad to hear. RIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to a funeral today for a 22yr old killed in a car crash last week. He was on his way home from football training, wasn’t his fault, other guy going way too fast , hit car infront of him then speared off n hit family friends car. RIP

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Went to a funeral today for a 22yr old killed in a car crash last week. He was on his way home from football training, wasn’t his fault, other guy going way too fast , hit car infront of him then speared off n hit family friends car. RIP

:(

That's horrible. Sorry to hear this. 
Condolences to his family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...