Popovic Abandons WSW On Brink Of Season

12 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Mark may be ok but I think his heart is still with ESFC

that is why he would be great as a coach to piss them off :P also he is a good coach from what i know, i would like Gombau though, i do like our assistant coach but i do worry that he might not make a great head coach

i want to clarify i am not angry at Popa, i just wish the timing was different and no matter what people say he has been an amazing coach imo and i hope he does an amazing job in Turkey

thank you Popa

Just now, WSWBoro said:

Can't we poach Kenny from Perth :D

Just for the touch line lol's and the after match press conferences, plus he knows how to get under Arnies skin and I like his fellow Teessider accent and humour....not for any other reason :D

Kenny would be great..... the rivalry with Arnie would make it worth while 😀

6 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

that is why he would be great as a coach to piss them off :P also he is a good coach from what i know, i would like Gombau though, i do like our assistant coach but i do worry that he might not make a great head coach

i want to clarify i am not angry at Popa, i just wish the timing was different and no matter what people say he has been an amazing coach imo and i hope he does an amazing job in Turkey

thank you Popa

I don't think anybody is angry at Popa even though the timing is ****. These opportunities come up unexpectedly. The club would have decided they need a new coach and would have needed Popa to respond immediately. They are in their season already so he has to take the opportunity when it comes.

59 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

seriously screwed up for him to quit just before the season starts

Agreed - I'd like to say I have some perspective but I'm only seriously pissed off - now we're scrambling for a governor

So sure Carrasco  or Gombau - but hell I'd take KL but he'd never piss off from the Glory a week out

Edited by Horus

A couple of things with Milicic. Firstly he appears to be Ange's right hand man in the Socceroos setup. Considering the position they're in right now and the possibility of taking them to the World Cup would he want to leave? Also if Popa did leave on bad terms (and that certainly hasn't been confirmed) then would Ante come? He and Popa are pretty close.

We could do a lot worse than Crook and Carrasco, although the timing really is a kick in the dick.

1 minute ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Full clean out.... 

Foxsports.com.au understands that assistant coaches Andres Carrasco and Hayden Foxe, as well as goalkeeper coach Zeljko Kalac will also depart the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a full clear out actually.

2 minutes ago, Davo said:

A couple of things with Milicic. Firstly he appears to be Ange's right hand man in the Socceroos setup. Considering the position they're in right now and the possibility of taking them to the World Cup would he want to leave? Also if Popa did leave on bad terms (and that certainly hasn't been confirmed) then would Ante come? He and Popa are pretty close.

We could do a lot worse than Crook and Carrasco, although the timing really is a kick in the dick.

When is our last WC qualifier. Would we be able to get Milicic after that.

6 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

Full clean out.... 

Foxsports.com.au understands that assistant coaches Andres Carrasco and Hayden Foxe, as well as goalkeeper coach Zeljko Kalac will also depart the club.

If it's a full clear out that wouldn't be great. Carrasco would be a natural fit.

9 minutes ago, Horus said:

Agreed - I'd like to say I have some perspective but I'm only seriously pissed off - now we're scrambling for a governor

So sure Carrasco  or Gombau - but hell I'd take KL but he'd never piss off from the Glory a week out

i honestly dont blame him but it doesnt give us much time, ah well, roll with the punches

dRIGRhX.gif

5 minutes ago, Jukes01 said:

We can get him now and release him for the week prior to the playoffs.....not ideal but doable.

4 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Just read that Andreas, Kalac and Foxe to follow and leave too. Thats hirts more then just the loss of a head coach

That is the Boro / Chairman Steve Gibson model, when  a Boro manager departs so do the rest of the backroom staff.

Do they have someone lined up already? Is someone lined up who would bring in their own people, will have moved bloody fast if they have...

Edited by WSWBoro
13 minutes ago, Jukes01 said:

Assuming we get past Syria the last two games are in November. That's a big chunk of the season to miss/share him.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic