Off Topic Thread 4

mack

That's because it's eurovision and it is just trash music. 

In years long gone there have been a meagre handful of good songs but they are all roughly the same generic pop trash with the odd mix of whatever nations folk music. 

3 minutes ago, Valter43 said:

That's because it's eurovision and it is just trash music. 

In years long gone there have been a meagre handful of good songs but they are all roughly the same generic pop trash with the odd mix of whatever nations folk music. 

like them or loathe them but Lordi did something different a number of years ago

I like Eurovision - sure, lots of the songs are terrible or average, this year's contest had lots of average songs

But I really liked the Belgian entry, it was very modern sounding and I think the tone of her voice suited it quite well

And then of course, you have the opposite end of the scale with the Spanish entry which made me want to dance off of a cliff

On 15/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i hate how we have to have such generic losers at eurovision, for **** sake we have some amazing unique bands of every genre but we go for these generic one trick pony pop acts

That's what eurovision is....cheesy,poppy,popular,made for mass consumption, revenue for the phone co's and tv networks. It's never been about quality or substance,and it give the europhiles a chance to be racist against each other by not voting for countries they really hate.Although for the life of me I still do not get why Australia is in the "competition" and why the silly idiots in europe that voted for us !

Edited by sonar

Tism should have been Australia's entry into Eurovision 

On 2017-5-15 at 8:48 PM, Unlimited said:

I like Eurovision 

You also seem to make lots of female friends who don't think of you in a sexual boyfriend type way

out of interest what is your view on soft furnishings and lamps? Are you into musicals at all?

I am joking btw

5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

You also seem to make lots of female friends who don't think of you in a sexual boyfriend type way

out of interest what is your view on soft furnishings and lamps? Are you into musicals at all?

I like musicals :(

Phantom of the Opera is good - got to see Fiddler on the Roof last year in Melbourne which was awesome

But yeah I try to have a wide circle of... acquaintances and friends for several reasons - and I am currently figuring out how things are with a few girls from work who seem nice :xnod::meep:

57 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I like musicals :(

Phantom of the Opera is good - got to see Fiddler on the Roof last year in Melbourne which was awesome

But yeah I try to have a wide circle of... acquaintances and friends for several reasons - and I am currently figuring out how things are with a few girls from work who seem nice :xnod::meep:

Work and girls don't mix generally, not if you like your job anyway.......

1 hour ago, sonar said:

That's what eurovision is....cheesy,poppy,popular,made for mass consumption, revenue for the phone co's and tv networks. It's never been about quality or substance,and it give the europhiles a chance to be racist against each other by not voting for countries they really hate.Although for the life of me I still do not get why Australia is in the "competition" and why the silly idiots in europe that voted for us !

you do have a point but come on send someone decent :P

oh you have not seen any new world maps? here is one

a67YXGb_700b.jpg

MAPMAN is back, i am the Mapman

5 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

you do have a point but come on send someone decent :P

oh and maybe you should re take geography, here is a map for you

a67YXGb_700b.jpg

Ahh,thanks mate, I knew my education was lacking, so it's Portugal and Spain I can see from my lounge room window. And why do people say Scotland is so cold? From this map it's in the tropics...!...! lol

Edited by sonar
11 minutes ago, sonar said:

Ahh,thanks mate, I knew my education was lacking, so it's Portugal and Spain I can see from my lounge room window. ! lol

lol sorry that post sounded a bit rude so i edited it didnt mean to make it sound rude, the best thing about that map is we are far away from new zealand and no Tasmania

also not sure why Scotland is cold i personally blame mel gibson

26 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

lol sorry that post sounded a bit rude so i edited it didnt mean to make it sound rude, the best thing about that map is we are far away from new zealand and no Tasmania

also not sure why Scotland is cold i personally blame mel gibson

Yeah, but losing New Zealand and gaining the French cheese eating surrender monkeys  as a neigbour is not a gain.

22 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

Work and girls don't mix generally, not if you like your job anyway.......

Few weeks ago, we had a chance to hear speeches from several partners at a training session with all the new graduate starters. A recurring theme was, "Don't laugh at this - but your future partner, and I don't mean 'Partner' as in 'Partner of the Firm', is probably in this room".

Another one was like, "You spend what... 70% of your waking hours at work? Why wouldn't you find someone here?"

Another was like, "If you are successful fishing from the company pool, you join a very long list of people - just in this team - to do so"

Anyway, turns out another one of the girls already has a boyfriend so... yeah - figuring out how things are with a third girl who is... super hot :wub:

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Few weeks ago, we had a chance to hear speeches from several partners at a training session with all the new graduate starters. A recurring theme was, "Don't laugh at this - but your future partner, and I don't mean 'Partner' as in 'Partner of the Firm', is probably in this room".

Another one was like, "You spend what... 70% of your waking hours at work? Why wouldn't you find someone here?"

Another was like, "If you are successful fishing from the company pool, you join a very long list of people - just in this team - to do so"

Anyway, turns out another one of the girls already has a boyfriend so... yeah - figuring out how things are with a third girl who is... super hot :wub:

Just do your community service ffs **** an ugly, get it out the way and move on...

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

wtf dude.

What sort of culture are these jokers trying to create?

I'm not saying people at work don't hook up, but you don't laugh about "fishing from the company pool" in a speech to a bunch of grads!

******* weird.

I can't recall, is this a finance firm, or consultancy or something? 

23 hours ago, btron3000 said:

wtf dude.

What sort of culture are these jokers trying to create?

I'm not saying people at work don't hook up, but you don't laugh about "fishing from the company pool" in a speech to a bunch of grads!

******* weird.

I can't recall, is this a finance firm, or consultancy or something? 

Oh the fishing comment was from one of the managers to just us in the team - the rest were partners

It's a professional services firm

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic