Off Topic Thread 4

mack

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Another Monday and more ******* doc waiting rooms. ******* morning TV with subtitles...sick of seeing that.

The bad news is i am right near the back row for the derby. The good news is i have a new ventilator mouth puffer thing and so will be able to stop half way up, stop and do mouth puffer thing, and then carry on..should get me up..:D

Would 4 seats in row 13 or 14 help?

16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Another Monday and more ******* doc waiting rooms. ******* morning TV with subtitles...sick of seeing that.

The bad news is i am right near the back row for the derby. The good news is i have a new ventilator mouth puffer thing and so will be able to stop half way up, stop and do mouth puffer thing, and then carry on..should get me up..:D

5 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Would 4 seats in row 13 or 14 help?

Oops, hold the phone. I assumed too much knowing my son can't go. They might be getting used by his kids and another anyway.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Try to snag yourself a wheelchair before Saturday, some of the best seats in the house ;)

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Thanks mate...will be ok. If not the lad can drag me up.

Get him to throw you over his shoulder :rofl:

Docs results are back.. and turns out i have had / still getting over whooping cough.. which i have never had before and so no immunity and so a bad dose.

That would explain the vomiting while coughing thing and the fever then....also think i have busted a rib....

Ahhh well ...good to know no permanent lung damage.

Edited by Smoggy
54 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Docs results are back.. and turns out i have had / still getting over whooping cough.. which i have never had before and so no immunity and so a bad dose.

That would explain the vomiting while coughing thing and the fever then....also think i have busted a rib....

Ahhh well ...good to know no permanent lung damage.

really hope you recover soon it sounds like the least fun thing ever

8 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

really hope you recover soon it sounds like the least fun thing ever

The 100 people i probably gave it to at the CCM game would agree. 

Just sit me in the middle of the ESFC bay this week and i will cough my heart out...

No...thats not nice...its a horrible thing.

Edited by Smoggy

Not a cheerful subject but I had to have a blood test this week and I asked for the PSA level to be added to that test due to family history of prostate cancer on both sides of my family, it killed my Grandfather. I am still early 40's but I wanted to know what my PSA level was now to use as a future base level, as a starting point to see how it changes so wanted to know for that reason. This is a bit contentious as PSA levels are not a fail safe indicator of cancer (hence no screening program), for someone my age I should be under 4 and the normal range would be 1 - 4. You could still have prostate cancer with a marker under 4, but you might see an increase from say 2 to 4.5, which might mean something. PSA does increase naturally with age I was told, but it is a quick jump they are looking for I guess. If you have a PSA of say over 7 then you are much more likely to get it.

Some health professionals I am told are against PSA testing as it means for some men who have prostate cancer they will be frightened in to having unnecessary and invasive treatment for something that will be very slow growing and something else will likely kill them first. I get that but personally I would want to know regardless and have that decision to make, but I get that some don't want to know, thats a personal choice.

My doctor is happy for me to have a PSA test each year, and I guess at some point a finger or two up the bottom :shok: I wasn't sure of the reaction I would get talking about this at 41, but they were happy enough I raised it....

Women are really good at going to the docs and having a natter about this kind of thing, us blokes need to get used to it also. PSA testing isn't perfect but glad I have chatted about it and have starting point for reference. If us blokes start talking to our docs about this kind of thing early and on a yearly basis perhaps it will save a few lives. 

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not a cheerful subject but I had to have a blood test this week and I asked for the PSA level to be added to that test due to family history of prostate cancer on both sides of my family, it killed my Grandfather. I am still early 40's but I wanted to know what my PSA level was now to use as a future base level, as a starting point to see how it changes so wanted to know for that reason. This is a bit contentious as PSA levels are not a fail safe indicator of cancer (hence no screening program), for someone my age I should be under 4 and the normal range would be 1 - 4. You could still have prostate cancer with a marker under 4, but you might see an increase from say 2 to 4.5, which might mean something. PSA does increase naturally with age I was told, but it is a quick jump they are looking for I guess. If you have a PSA of say over 7 then you are much more likely to get it.

Some health professionals I am told are against PSA testing as it means for some men who have prostate cancer they will be frightened in to having unnecessary and invasive treatment for something that will be very slow growing and something else will likely kill them first. I get that but personally I would want to know regardless and have that decision to make, but I get that some don't want to know, thats a personal choice.

My doctor is happy for me to have a PSA test each year, and I guess at some point a finger or two up the bottom :shok: I wasn't sure of the reaction I would get talking about this at 41, but they were happy enough I raised it....

Women are really good at going to the docs and having a natter about this kind of thing, us blokes need to get used to it also. PSA testing isn't perfect but glad I have chatted about it and have starting point for reference. If us blokes start talking to our docs about this kind of thing early and on a yearly basis perhaps it will save a few lives. 

Onya mate........

My Dad has had postrate cancer ( pollops ) for quite a while,discovered in 2003 if my memory is correct.. He is on an injection which puts it to sleep. He gets two blood tests a year for his PSA. His last PSA was 0.4. There are side effects to the treatment as the injection stops the production of testosterone. Lack of energy...depression etc but it has kept him alive. He will be 90 in Dec. 

Better to be safe than sorry.

11 hours ago, Smoggy said:

My doctor gets me to have a wide range of things checked via blood tests each year, including PSA. That and other things he considers I wouldn't otherwise even think about.

Sup.

Just drove across the country, would not recommend.

Ive gone west to east before in my Holden Astra, was weirdly easy.

This time in my VF SV6 from east to west, was so much harder. Left Monday and got here about 2 hours ago.

Wrecked, and wil miss a fair chunk of the A League season but these things happen, I'll get matches in at Xmas.

6 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Sup.

This time in my VF SV6 from east to west, was so much harder. Left Monday and got here about 2 hours ago.

Wrecked, and wil miss a fair chunk of the A League season but these things happen, I'll get matches in at Xmas.

Have you tried doing the trek on the Indian Pacific instead

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Pretty expensive though, even if just seats...and putting a car on the train costs a fair add on.

If me i think i would just fly to Perth and buy a shite second hand car run about for the time there and then just sell on..or lock it up somewhere for when needed again.

Edited by Smoggy
7 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Sup.

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

13 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Pretty expensive though, even if just seats...and putting a car on the train costs a fair add on.

If me i think i would just fly to Perth and buy a shite second hand car run about for the time there and then just sell on..or lock it up somewhere for when needed again.

Should've gone by submarine.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah looked up the costs although unlimited alcohol apparently 

Submarine takes 10 days, ive done it twice and I'm happier driving :xnod:

Would love to lovw how much the Indian Pacific costs, my work gave me $2300 to drive across, dunno if i could put my car on the train and get a sleeping cabin for that price.

If you can though I'm a massive dickhead for not investigating it more.

Edited by hawks2767
43 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I would HATE a submarine i reckon..i have been in a few in maritime museums and spent the whole time bent double. 

Also with my flatulence issues i reckon i would be launched out of a torpedo tube within a hour of setting off.

Perhaps your best ever post?

Well...best ever of the humorous kind? :rofl:

2 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Submarine takes 10 days, ive done it twice and I'm happier driving :xnod:

Would love to lovw how much the Indian Pacific costs, my work gave me $2300 to drive across, dunno if i could put my car on the train and get a sleeping cabin for that price.

If you can though I'm a massive dickhead for not investigating it more.

Why was the east west drive so much worse than west east?

Setting sun?

Older?

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic