Off Topic Thread 4

mack

Only time I have really danced was Greece in the 90's when we went to some local village and they put on a Greek dancing cultural event thing for visitors. Lots of dodgy Greek wine and ouzo later apparently I was going hard.......its all a blur...but I think I had fun...ouzo ****s with your head after a while..

Some ******* lightweight threw up in the mini bus on the way back, wanker.

I had been on the road for months by that point had worked my way down through eastern Europe.

I have to now help ******* sell christmas trees for 3 hours. I have been ordered by the wife to smile and be friendly...no attitude ( so you gonna buy this ******* tree or not:D).

Better go anyway as supposed to be helping to unload..going to get up top and throw the ****ers down. The wife said to ask if someones needs help carrying to car...**** that..i dont provide that service, once bought it is their problem in my opinion.

Hate this ****.

Edited by Smoggy
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I have to now help ******* sell christmas trees for 3 hours. I have been ordered by the wife to smile and be friendly...no attitude ( so you gonna buy this ******* tree or not:D).

Better go anyway as supposed to be helping to unload..going to get up top and throw the ****ers down. The wife said to ask if someones needs help carrying to car...**** that..i dont provide that service, once bought it is their problem in my opinion.

Hate this ****.

Such an obliging chap, is our Smoggy.:lol:

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

so much smoke and its not even 9 am yet

On one level I am glad to be living up here out of the smoke, mostly. I mean, the air quality is not at its best but it's nothing like down the mountain.

Then again it kind of feels a little precarious being surrounded by all the bush....

2 hours ago, marron said:

On one level I am glad to be living up here out of the smoke, mostly. I mean, the air quality is not at its best but it's nothing like down the mountain.

Then again it kind of feels a little precarious being surrounded by all the bush....

Might be one instance where being Harbourside would actually be fooked!

Doesnt seem so bad in the Hills, although its noticeable. We seem to be above it to some extent, and it's settling in the lowest points of the Sydney Basin...maybe?

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

Lol...just realised that I'd  often thought this, without ever saying it, but I'm sorry to tell you..and other Pommies, that your "fook off" is actually laughable.

It's not at all intimidating.

Now...will fook off get through Mack's swear filter, I wonder?

I am more than happy for you to go and test your theory out on a Saturday night in the Boro :D

I'll bring the ice pack and the number for the emergency dentist. :P

Edited by Smoggy
4 hours ago, wendybr said:

Might be one instance where being Harbourside would actually be fooked!

Doesnt seem so bad in the Hills, although its noticeable. We seem to be above it to some extent, and it's settling in the lowest points of the Sydney Basin...maybe?

Smoke not as bad here today, seems to be more of an easterly over the basin and the radar backs up that the fire smoke isn't streaming towards the coast like other days, sadly they continue to burn though.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR713.loop.shtml

Yep, easterly over the basin right up to Penrith today - http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/sydney.shtml

Edited by Smoggy

Air quality shocking today too, already in the unhealthy zone (AQI of 100+) at least yesterday was midday before it hit that level.

Last night you could see the southerly hit & all the smoke being blown all across Sydney. Today at least it doesn’t appear to be raining on the BOM radar, that’s a good thing right? I hope!

AQI forecast of 201-300 for Monday & Tuesday :shok:

Why do we have a crisis in NSW for is twofold. One is the the ostrich approach to climate change by all conservative governments in Australia as per the article.

The other is the refunding of the RFS and National Parks & Wildlife service by conservatives (Liberal and National Coalition) which directly impacted on funding to perform backburning for the last winter. You watch the coalition's pollies all go for every photo opportunity with the RFS to make themselves look like heroes. This is actually criminal when Berejiklian and co are channelling funds for infrastructure to their mates in big business and stopping the very activity that keeps us safe from Bushfires. Berejiklian is a f***** disgrace.

34 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Air quality shocking today too, already in the unhealthy zone (AQI of 100+) at least yesterday was midday before it hit that level.

Last night you could see the southerly hit & all the smoke being blown all across Sydney. Today at least it doesn’t appear to be raining on the BOM radar, that’s a good thing right? I hope!

AQI forecast of 201-300 for Monday & Tuesday :shok:

Actually winds were mostly easterly blowing the wind back into western part of the basin. Wasn't a bad thing for us in the outer west near the Green Wattle Fire. The RFS did a backburn in case of southerly wind and when the wind changed, the backburn then ran out of fuel and no longer appears on the RFS app as active. However, the smoke is still awful and all washing is hung up in the house making our house a Chinese laundry every day

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/nswall.shtml?ref=hdr

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Why do we have a crisis in NSW for is twofold. One is the the ostrich approach to climate change by all conservative governments in Australia as per the article.

The other is the refunding of the RFS and National Parks & Wildlife service by conservatives (Liberal and National Coalition) which directly impacted on funding to perform backburning for the last winter. You watch the coalition's pollies all go for every photo opportunity with the RFS to make themselves look like heroes. This is actually criminal when Berejiklian and co are channelling funds for infrastructure to their mates in big business and stopping the very activity that keeps us safe from Bushfires. Berejiklian is a f***** disgrace.

Forgot the article

Leading scientists condemn political inaction on climate change as Australia 'literally burns' https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/07/leading-scientists-condemn-political-inaction-on-climate-change-as-australia-literally-burns?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Smoke is as bad as i have seen it this morning. It woke me up around 5am as the smell was creeping in to the building and was quite strong. I looked outside and couldnt see the end of the street.

Hot one today, plus 40c in the west. Going to be a hard one in the field for the fireies.

Could be a few showers around end of week, but outlook suggests a pre xmas heatwave heading for the SE. No significant rain in the forecast..its proper grim as we say up north.

Hope it rains all day xmas day...i think we would all be happy with that for xmas.

Edited by Smoggy
3 minutes ago, Carns said:

Hope none of the travelling Wanderers faithful were caught up in the volcano across the ditch.

3 Australians assumed dead with 11 still unaccounted for. A horrible scenario for all involved.

From reports I have read the majority of people there were from a cruise ship.....sad way for a holiday to go.

39 minutes ago, Carns said:

Hope none of the travelling Wanderers faithful were caught up in the volcano across the ditch.

3 Australians assumed dead with 11 still unaccounted for. A horrible scenario for all involved.

The warning signs were there and so you have to wonder about this private tour company.

I did a walk to the rim of Vesuvius nr Napels and that felt ok. This thing last blew in 1944 or 45 and erupts once every hundred years or so and so you kind of feel safe enough.

This volcano on White Island can go up any time from what i hear and wouldnt be a crater i would want to linger by! 

Very sad.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic