Off Topic Thread 4

mockingly posted this in the film topic but if its actually something someone wants to talk about then it doesnt fit the film topic

who else is concerned about the lack of diversity with the oscar's nominations? its the number one issue facing the planet right now!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i just want to mock though

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

^^^^ Pommies pay over £300 million per year for the Royal family??? :shok::shok:

What idiocy!

******* throw them out in the street to fend for themselves and spend the actual money on people who need it, you could do so much good with that money but they spend it on worthless ****s

...........if you have not guessed i am not a huge fan of the royals :P

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

******* throw them out in the street to fend for themselves and spend the actual money on people who need it, you could do so much good with that money but they spend it on worthless ****s

...........if you have not guessed i am not a huge fan of the royals :P

What? That's Treason. One of them is Australia's Head of State. How good is that?

On 16/01/2020 at 12:09 PM, Ossified said:

What? That's Treason. One of them is Australia's Head of State. How good is that?

lol if they would only get rid of our current PM :P

on another note i used to be a metal elitist, i would hate everything that isnt metal but lucky i have grown up, i just let people enjoy whatever they want who cares if they like music that i dont like........apart from coldplay i still judge people for that......

5 minutes ago, mack said:

Did my surgeon's check up today. Got the cast cut off and stitches removed, just my arm on it's own now, got a 3 inch wound/scar. Have to do some physio at fairfield hospital and then more check ups next month. Still feels weak and a bit painful to move so still have to take things easy.

Still have my scar from a car accident years ago for a broken arm and cut skin.

If you dont want a scar, get Vitamin E soft gel capsules. Treat the scar by cutting one capsule open and rub the capsule contents onto the scar for a month. If that's too fiddly, try bio-oil.

6 hours ago, mack said:

Did my surgeon's check up today. Got the cast cut off and stitches removed, just my arm on it's own now, got a 3 inch wound/scar. Have to do some physio at fairfield hospital and then more check ups next month. Still feels weak and a bit painful to move so still have to take things easy.

How literal should I read this?

7 hours ago, mack said:

hopefully your recovery is smooth

i could have put this in multiple topics but i figured it doesnt fit one specifically, just found out about this song which is dedicated to the Australian bushfires

https://kevinstorm.bandcamp.com/track/cant-shut-it-off

it does have some political lyrics with stuff like this so it could even go in the politics topic

It's hard to see the light,
If your eyes are always closed
Don't come to me with hindsight
It's clear this path you chose
Barren as the heart of those who look away
Dead earth is the growth that fuels our empathy

i mean that does sound like a shot at scumo but he is a musician from the Netherlands so i doubt he even knows good old scott :P but either way its a good cause 

5 hours ago, GlobalWarning said:

i could have put this in multiple topics but i figured it doesnt fit one specifically, just found out about this song which is dedicated to the Australian bushfires

https://kevinstorm.bandcamp.com/track/cant-shut-it-off

it does have some political lyrics with stuff like this so it could even go in the politics topic

It's hard to see the light,
If your eyes are always closed
Don't come to me with hindsight
It's clear this path you chose
Barren as the heart of those who look away
Dead earth is the growth that fuels our empathy

i mean that does sound like a shot at scumo but he is a musician from the Netherlands so i doubt he even knows good old scott :P but either way its a good cause 

I think he's gained a bit of a reputation (a well deserved bad reputation) along with some of the other climate change denying world leaders.

This government has trashed our reputation overseas (treatment if asylum seekers, climate change deniers etc)

The BBC Craig (Peabrain) Kelly episode highlighted that.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

I think he's gained a bit of a reputation (a well deserved bad reputation) along with some of the other climate change denying world leaders.

This government has trashed our reputation overseas (treatment if asylum seekers, climate change deniers etc)

The BBC Craig (Peabrain) Kelly episode highlighted that.

that is a good point, its just nice that so many people on the planet are helping out, even if our PM isnt doing anything :P