Off Topic Thread 4

mack

18 hours ago, marron said:

(Seriously though smoggy you should go for it, I reckon there'd be a market for them).

6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Pardon :unknw:

Mention of your work being good enough to sell...we've said it for years on these forums, when you've shared some of your sketches.

You even shared a sketch of the stadium under construction, and it was mentioned then (that you could sell items to Wanderers supporters).

Ed and I have even "fought" over who'd be your first customer!

Whadya mean "Pardon?" :pardon:

6 hours ago, marron said:

20200301-090600.jpg

This one is for Wendy, I didn't get a picture of the roo because it was too quick but this guy was a little slower:

20200301-090423.jpg

Thanks Marron! :good:

I know our bush will regenerate, but in some places, never to the same standard.

I haven't been exposed to any burnt out areas yet, and I'm not looking forward to seeing them.

I'm still feeding birds around my school, which I started doing in the holidays, during those smoky, parched heatwave days in the holidays.

A noisy flock of cockatoos are my special pals. :lol:

They raid garbage bins at school every day, and make a mess all over the extensive playground areas.

But with a few handsfull of cockatoo seed out in the playground most days, they are raiding the bins for scraps a bit less.

Last week for the first time, one ate out of my hand!

He's probably the same one who comes to the doorstep of the staffroom, looking for me and my birdseed every day! :grouphug:

Anyway...I probably shouldn't do it, but I can't resist!

It's a comfort to think of them going strong, when so much of the  wildlife has been decimated.

19 hours ago, GlobalWarning said:

i agree, i missed the guy and i am glad he is back, i love how he gives everyone ****, no one is off limits, he attacks both the left and the right ect

I love when he takes the piss about of Iggy Azalea.
She's a disgrace to Australian music...

5 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I love when he takes the piss about of Iggy Azalea.
She's a disgrace to Australian music...

same, see i am a fan of rap i know its not everyone's thing and i hate a lot of it but there is some great rap out there, the moment i heard an Australian made it onto the best upcoming rappers list or something i was so ******* excited to check it out............then i checked it out and became a lot less excited.............she is terrible

i am happy the most well known rappers atm from australia are onefour and hooligan hefs.......way better than iggy :P also this 

not as funny but here are 2 others taking the piss out of her

todd was very wrong about her having staying power though :P and rap critic is a bit too fair on her tbh

My daughter (Olivia) and 3 of her friends are doing The Greatest Shave next Friday. I know there are so many good causes out there that are in need of support, but if you have a few dollars burning a hole in your pocket, or even just a few words of encouragement for a group of 14 year olds, they'd love the support.  

https://secure.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?TeamID=118145

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

My Chinese kids are finding these quite amusing...at the same time as they and their parents back home are scared.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8071359/Toiletpaper-goes-viral-internet-mocks-Aussie-coronavirus-doomsdayers-stocking-up.html

is this only an Australian thing? that is embarrassing :P

On 04/03/2020 at 12:31 PM, SomeGuy1977 said:

My daughter (Olivia) and 3 of her friends are doing The Greatest Shave next Friday. I know there are so many good causes out there that are in need of support, but if you have a few dollars burning a hole in your pocket, or even just a few words of encouragement for a group of 14 year olds, they'd love the support.  

https://secure.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?TeamID=118145

much respect, will try to chip in a bit

7 hours ago, GlobalWarning said:

is this only an Australian thing? that is embarrassing :P

Not sure, but I think I heard it's happening in the US...to some extent.

I went early this morning to a mid sized IGA in a small shopping centre.

A BIG pallet of toilet paper in the centre of a cleared space near the front of the store...limit of 3 per customer.

I asked "Are you getting deliveries daily?"

Sales guy, "We should be, but we ordered (I think he said ) 6 pallets for today, but none came."

Then he told me of 2 supermarkets in the local area, where they had overnight deliveries, which were sold out....1 minute after the shops opened, at 7.

There was a queue of about 60-100 people at both.

Awful... if you had genuinely run out of TP, and couldn't get any, which I can absolutely imagine happening around here.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

Don't panic, there's always the Telegraph and one should now practice doing hand stands in the shower.

do GWS have some kinda newsletter?

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Not sure, but I think I heard it's happening in the US...to some extent.

I went early this morning to a mid sized IGA in a small shopping centre.

A BIG pallet of toilet paper in the centre of a cleared space near the front of the store...limit of 3 per customer.

I asked "Are you getting deliveries daily?"

Sales guy, "We should be, but we ordered (I think he said ) 6 pallets for today, but none came."

Then he told me of 2 supermarkets in the local area, where they had overnight deliveries, which were sold out....1 minute after the shops opened, at 7.

There was a queue of about 60-100 people at both.

Awful... if you had genuinely run out of TP, and couldn't get any, which I can absolutely imagine happening around here.

it is pretty ridiculous :P

I actually think it's ridiculous that shops have fostered this by allowing customers to walk out with a trolley load of TP.

ONE pack per customer  makes it a bit fairer.

Sure... people can get around that, but allowing a limited no of people to walk out with 3 or 4 packs, while stock will quickly run out, is just asking for more trouble than is necessary.

:unknw:

It's mental and it shows how far away from things going to **** we really are, but this is also evidence of how much faith people have that they'll be looked after in a time of emergency.

It's not a store's responsibility to ration stuff, is it?

If there wasn't a directive from some higher authority, would we expect them to? Would they?

14 minutes ago, marron said:

It's mental and it shows how far away from things going to **** we really are, but this is also evidence of how much faith people have that they'll be looked after in a time of emergency.

It's not a store's responsibility to ration stuff, is it?

If there wasn't a directive from some higher authority, would we expect them to? Would they?

A higher authority? Do you mean like the sky fairy Scotty gets his directives from?

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

the sky fairy Scotty gets his directives from?

You’ll be glad to know that there are no people from Sky helping the PM make decisions. All the medical advice has been pretty spot on especially decisions made to stop the spread & ramping up of measures.

The biggest issue at the moment is the conflicting advice coming from the federal & state governments. This is especially for those that are infected whether they go to GP or emergency rooms or whether they go to these newly set up fever clinics. Biggest issue for GP’s is whether they can safely treat covid patients without doctors staff & other patients in the surgery getting sick.

We aren’t at a point where we need to massive panic but we need to be sensible. Simple measures like washing hands & keeping yourself away from others if you’re sick. The toilet paper panic is ridiculous, people buying 3-12 month supply as if the apocalypse starts tomorrow :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, GlobalWarning said:

People are mentalists

I've actually been both disappointed, as well as angry at this panic buying of basic staples that has occurred, starting mostly from the beginning of this past week.

I'm not quite sure what brought this state of affairs on, but I highly suspect that the majority of the panic buyers have been panicked by some irrelevant, panic induced shite that they initially read on social media, and the reporting of it on MSM has exacerbated the issue. There is a lot of not very bright people in this world.

I shudder to think what might happen if we, as a human race, were faced with a REAL catastrophe. Something like (and I know I am going out there now) a hit to earth by a small meteorite, or a decent earthquake. 

This has been a wake up call. Most humans are decent and caring and sharing. But this current CoronavIrus is really a non-event (it's just another strain of flu) and unfortunately, it has brought out the worst in our society. 

I've been sickened by the response I have seen his week. For example, I've been building a duplex in Baulkham Hills for the past 8 months. I have a temporary toilet on site for the tradesman, and I have for that time been supplying the toilet paper. It's not a hired Port-a-loo. It was a temporarily set up facility. I have, for the past week, been trying to buy supplies to continue to supply toilet paper for my tradesman. I have a supply at home for myself which is running short. This week, I have been to 6 different supermarkets or local IGA's, at various times of the day, to maybe just buy 1 x 12 or 18 pack of TP just to keep contractors supplied. Each market I visited has had empty shelves at each attempt.

I have now had to install a sign on the door of the temp toilet requesting my contractors to supply their own toilet paper. All my contractors are good people and they understand why I have taken this action, but geez, if there weren't stupid feral muppets out there buying 200 ******* rolls of toilet paper in one hit at the local Woolies, the more honest of us would probably not have to deal with what is probably the most simplest of issues. My parents always taught me to share and share alike.

I haven't been to a shopping centre yet when I have seen someone taking a trolley full of toilet rolls out to their car. Every time I have been to a shopping centre, there has been nothing left. But, if I at some stage come across one of these panic buyers, I will no doubt let them know my thoughts. It will be no holds barred.

******* selfish pricks these people are, and they need to be called out for it.

Edited by Wanderboy
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic