Off Topic Thread 4

mack

Went for a good scramble today and finally got a good close-ish look down direct into Blue Gum. Looking pretty brown but not wiped out like on the other side of the creek.

20200419-145236.jpg

Came across plenty of roos. I didn't come off my bike but am covered in scratches from burnt scrub which was pretty hard going in places.

Edited by marron
10 minutes ago, marron said:

Went for a good scramble today and finally got a good close-ish look down direct into Blue Gum. Looking pretty brown but not wiped out like on the other side of the creek.

20200419-145236.jpg

Came across plenty of roos. I didn't come off my bike but am covered in scratches from burnt scrub which was pretty hard going in places.

Lucky that those killer attack wallabies weren't out in force. :)

I was reading just the other day about people in the 19th century up here hunting roos in that fashion so it was interesting to see how easily it could be done.

(pretty sure this one was fine ;) )

37 minutes ago, marron said:

I was reading just the other day about people in the 19th century up here hunting roos in that fashion so it was interesting to see how easily it could be done.

(pretty sure this one was fine ;) )

Hope so!

PS Both for your sake, and for the welfare of the local wildlife, I don't  think you should be hurtling around bush tracks on ridges in the Blue Mountains on a bicycle!:hi:

:lol::lol:

(Also, I was very conscious that I seemed to be pushing the kangaroo towards the edge. I could have gone further out onto the spur, but chose not to so I wouldn't panic it. On my way back I came across a mother and young one who kept bounding away in the direction I was heading again, so I actually scrapped my plan to go that way and left them alone, taking a wide detour and copping heaps of scratches from the scrub as a result! :) )

Edited by marron

i doubt too many people will know but which is better?

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/jvc-outdoor-portable-party-speaker/p/54106/

or

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/ultimate-ears-wonderboom-2-portable-bluetooth-speaker-deep-space-black

i am not planning to throw my speaker in my back dam so maybe the water resistance thing isnt too important :P

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

I apologize goat, I can’t be of much help here. Have you tried looking at the online reviews?

honestly i didnt expect anyone to do research for me, i just asked if anyone happened to have either product, a lot of these kind of things are meant to be used in party environments and maybe wouldnt suit my one person pity parties :P

seriously though i have plenty of time to look up different things, the speakers i used to have were 20 year old cheap computer speakers.........so as long as they are better than those then i am happy :P 

i love the look of the JVC product they seem to be a reliable company when it comes to audio however there is **** all information about that specific item so that is a pass for me :P,  i just didnt know there were so many different kinds of speakers :P lucky there are a lot of different reviews out there but since i have always gotten pretty much the cheapest speakers possible these are somewhat new to me 

i mean i know $100 for speakers isnt a huge amount but its not a small amount either, i mean the most expensive speakers i could buy is $3295, even if i was a billionaire i wouldnt spend that much on speakers

48 minutes ago, HollowedHeart said:

i love the look of the JVC product they seem to be a reliable company when it comes to audio however there is **** all information about that specific item so that is a pass for me :P,  i just didnt know there were so many different kinds of speakers :P lucky there are a lot of different reviews out there but since i have always gotten pretty much the cheapest speakers possible these are somewhat new to me 

i mean i know $100 for speakers isnt a huge amount but its not a small amount either, i mean the most expensive speakers i could buy is $3295, even if i was a billionaire i wouldnt spend that much on speakers

I've got this as my travel speaker

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/ultimate-ears-boom-3-portable-bluetooth-speaker-night-black

It's ace, chuck it in a bag, battery powered teathers to my phone and has a really big sound for a relatively inexpesive portal unit.

I take it on holiday etc, and out and about.

At Home I'm in love in a quite sexual way with  Sonos, for round the house. They do a portable speaker now but its too spendy for what it is. For <$200 the UE Boom is good value

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I've got this as my travel speaker

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/ultimate-ears-boom-3-portable-bluetooth-speaker-night-black

It's ace, chuck it in a bag, battery powered teathers to my phone and has a really big sound for a relatively inexpesive portal unit.

I take it on holiday etc, and out and about.

At Home I'm in love in a quite sexual way with  Sonos, for round the house. They do a portable speaker now but its too spendy for what it is. For <$200 the UE Boom is good value

thank you i heard good things about ultimate ears and the boom 3, kinda looking at the Sony SRSXB22 atm but its only $50 cheaper but the Bose soundlink micro bluetooth speaker also looks good, marley look like they have a few good speakers

amazon echo has a speaker which has good reviews, plus it comes with Alexa so i can pretend there is a female out there who will talk to me :P

currently the JBL flip is an entire $11 off :P thank you i will look into Sonos, checked their website and most of their stuff didnt seem to be in my price range at a brief glance but i only looked for a few seconds so will check out more

12 minutes ago, HollowedHeart said:

thank you i heard good things about ultimate ears and the boom 3, kinda looking at the Sony SRSXB22 atm but its only $50 cheaper but the Bose soundlink micro bluetooth speaker also looks good, marley look like they have a few good speakers

amazon echo has a speaker which has good reviews, plus it comes with Alexa so i can pretend there is a female out there who will talk to me :P

currently the JBL flip is an entire $11 off :P thank you i will look into Sonos, checked their website and most of their stuff didnt seem to be in my price range at a brief glance but i only looked for a few seconds so will check out more

Sonos is spendy and a different thing, if you want to have a multi room system then Sonos. if you just need a decent Bluetooth speaker the UE boom is good value, can’t go wrong with JBL either but you are probably paying a bit more for name

Base Sonos One is $300

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/one-white.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_campaign=GGL_AU_EN_SONOS_B_All+Pages_DSA&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=GGL_AU_EN_SONOS_B_All+Pages_DSA&utm_term=DYNAMIC+SEARCH+ADS&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhZr1BRCLARIsALjRVQMBEh7j5LH702IoWeq4Ne_fi-j1T3oUKeaBpHS_W-Ewu-qK4BjJ3GEaAglKEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Does Alexa or Google

Different to Bluetooth though, works of WiFi and has inbuilt smarts to do the streaming itself, your phone is just the controller, not really that useful until you have multiples though

The UE will be fine for western suburbs drill music, I’ve tested it

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Sonos is spendy and a different thing, if you want to have a multi room system then Sonos. if you just need a decent Bluetooth speaker the UE boom is good value, can’t go wrong with JBL either but you are probably paying a bit more for name

Base Sonos One is $300

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/one-white.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_campaign=GGL_AU_EN_SONOS_B_All+Pages_DSA&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=GGL_AU_EN_SONOS_B_All+Pages_DSA&utm_term=DYNAMIC+SEARCH+ADS&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhZr1BRCLARIsALjRVQMBEh7j5LH702IoWeq4Ne_fi-j1T3oUKeaBpHS_W-Ewu-qK4BjJ3GEaAglKEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Does Alexa or Google

Different to Bluetooth though, works of WiFi and has inbuilt smarts to do the streaming itself, your phone is just the controller, not really that useful until you have multiples though

The UE will be fine for western suburbs drill music, I’ve tested it

the only thing that matters is how good western sydney drill sounds from it, when i am listening to onefour i want to actually believe they are trying to stab me :P

thank you for the information i honestly dont know too much, my original plan was to get an mp3 player with a speaker to use together but with my phone being able to stream music, and many other divices that are able to stream music then there is no real reason to get the mp3 player, oddly enough mp3 players are still pretty expensive so that is a cost i would prefer to put in a good speaker

as everyone knows i am the kind of person to have parties with 100 people or so all at the same time...........:var:

Sono's sounds good but just not really for what i want, i think when it comes to names for stuff like watches i am no the kind to pay for a name(or a watch i find them pointless but if i bought a watch its not going to be a rolex) while with technology i feel name is a bit more important as some companies just have great reliability however even great companies can release shoddy products so its not always a guarantee that if you get a product from a company with a good reputation that it will be a great product

Maybe they're moving their stock somewhere else and doing business online ?

Some businesses are doing insanely well out of this.

I went to a computer store here in WA yesterday (PLE Osborne Park) and in the 10 minutes I was in there they sold about $8000 worth of stuff.

Thats just face to face transactions, apparently most of their business has been online.

brand loyalty is such a weird thing

oddly enough i dont really have band loyalty apart from to JBL speakers.........i bought my first like a week ago and have no connection with them whatsoever :P and its not like i wouldnt buy another speaker if it was good but i am a tiny bit biased towards them, obviously i am loyal to the wanderers who are a brand but xbox/playstation ect whatever whoever has the better games at the time

With technology improvements these days it's not about brand names my friend bought a generic brand tv 65inch for $700 and it looks as good as my Samsung tv and has same options. I also have an old Sanyo tv in my bedroom that has lasted over 15 years and will probably outlast my Samsung tv. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic