mack

Off Topic Thread 4

24 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

With technology improvements these days it's not about brand names my friend bought a generic brand tv 65inch for $700 and it looks as good as my Samsung tv and has same options. I also have an old Sanyo tv in my bedroom that has lasted over 15 years and will probably outlast my Samsung tv. 

my main concern is reliability, also depends on the kind of technology, i think when it comes to speakers there is a few names that come up which are better than the others, i still get paranoid about technology dying thanks to xbox 360 being an unreliable pile of garbage :P also had a microsoft phone.........that was terrible too :P 

Another sad day. My father-in-law died peacefully and painlessly this morning. About 10 weeks short of his 99th birthday. A good innings. My wife was able to visit him at the nursing home on Thursday. The first time in a few weeks after a bit of a CV19 scare. Yesterday evening we got a call that he was refusing to eat, a common indication of the end nearing. Another call this morning to let us know things weren't looking good. Then another call 5 minutes later that he was gone.

An extra significance as he's the last of our four parents to leave us.

R.I.P.

19 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Another sad day. My father-in-law died peacefully and painlessly this morning. About 10 weeks short of his 99th birthday. A good innings. My wife was able to visit him at the nursing home on Thursday. The first time in a few weeks after a bit of a CV19 scare. Yesterday evening we got a call that he was refusing to eat, a common indication of the end nearing. Another call this morning to let us know things weren't looking good. Then another call 5 minutes later that he was gone.

R.I.P.

My sincere condolences to you and your family Ed.

I'm glad the end was peaceful. That's always a small comfort at a time like this, and sadly, it isn't always the case.

:grouphug::grouphug:

25 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

R.I.P.

RIP, it was a long life but very sad, its not easy to lose people my condolences

Oh gee Ed, it has just been one thing after another for you & your family :( My heart goes out to you guys, please accept my condolences Ed. I’m thinking of you guys

:grouphug: 

Sorry to hear that Ed. 99 is a good innings indeed!. Sorry that its so close on news of your brother. Hugs Hugs you and your wife :grouphug:

OMG I didn't read the whole story. Just enough to confirm it's not a bad prank (and a couple of the comments, looking for a lol or two). If you're interested https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/alan-jones-resigns-from-2gb-20200512-p54s02.html

Talkback host Alan Jones to step down from 2GB

Conservative talkback host Alan Jones has announced his retirement after a long and controversial career dominating Sydney breakfast radio.

Mr Jones announced his shock exit to breakfast show listeners on Tuesday morning telling them he would wrap up broadcasting on May 29.

On 10/05/2020 at 1:36 PM, Edinburgh said:

R.I.P.

Sorry to read this Ed, my condolences. It's been a rough year for you...hopefully things will get better for you.

my order says its arrived in depot May 12 4:04 pm which makes sense and the next update was arrived in depot on May 14 00:00 am.........makes less sense :P

On 12/05/2020 at 9:59 AM, SomeGuy1977 said:

OMG I didn't read the whole story. Just enough to confirm it's not a bad prank (and a couple of the comments, looking for a lol or two). If you're interested https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/alan-jones-resigns-from-2gb-20200512-p54s02.html

Talkback host Alan Jones to step down from 2GB

Conservative talkback host Alan Jones has announced his retirement after a long and controversial career dominating Sydney breakfast radio.

Mr Jones announced his shock exit to breakfast show listeners on Tuesday morning telling them he would wrap up broadcasting on May 29.

Hahahahaha.

I just read the comments. ******* lol!!

yay helpful information for me

i am so bored :P

this isnt an attack on religion but some of these are very funny

one of my dogs had a massive seizure and she is off to the vet, i sadly dont expect her to make it

28 minutes ago, mack said:

That sucks. I'm sorry. 

thank you, honestly my negativity got the best of me and just got a call that she has mostly recovered at least for now, but honestly she is a very old dog but for the moment she seems to be alright, i just saw her having a really big seizure and expected the worst

i really should actually know more than just assuming the worst tbh

All the best for a good recovery for your pooch, Goat!

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

All the best for a good recovery for your pooch, Goat!

thank you there was nothing weird about her blood tests so it has to be something to do with her brain, last time a dog had a seizure he died so that is one of the reasons why i worried so much but while its not good news maybe there are some things medication can do to help her

It’s hard not to think the worst, it’s human nature goat & you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself

Just be grateful that she is okay for now, hope she can be home soon :grouphug:

3 hours ago, NeverGoat said:

thank you there was nothing weird about her blood tests so it has to be something to do with her brain, last time a dog had a seizure he died so that is one of the reasons why i worried so much but while its not good news maybe there are some things medication can do to help her

Hang in there mate I know how much it can hurt losing a dog.

8 hours ago, NeverGoat said:

one of my dogs had a massive seizure and she is off to the vet, i sadly dont expect her to make it

That's horrible news. 
Sorry to hear this, Goat.