Jump to content
mack

Off Topic Thread 4

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Ooohhhhh go strike two flints together and make a fire...

You're trying to push my buttons aren't you! But as you've already found out you're not any good at that!

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

You're trying to push my buttons aren't you! But as you've already found out you're not any good at that!

The buttons on your mobility scooter.....

 

 

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post

I know these are only jokes, but it ain't fun getting old, particularly in these times.

Having elderly parents at risk in an aged care home isn't a joy, and not particularly humorous. 

I've come to the realization of late that it isn't that funny making light of the elderly. 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

The buttons on your mobility scooter.....

 

 

 

:P

Once upon a time maybe. But it caught fire. Apparently, if you strike two flints together .......

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Once upon a time maybe. But it caught fire. Apparently, if you strike two flints together .......

When I lived in York there was a guy going down the pavement in a mobility scooter and two wheels on one side went over the edge of the curb and it tipped over!!!!! Shopping and old person everywhere..carnage..

 

 

 

 

 

* I should add that no old person was injured in this event or telling of this story.....and I helped pick the sopping up and checked they were ok, but they swore at me and told me to **** off...

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I know these are only jokes, but it ain't fun getting old, particularly in these times.

Having elderly parents at risk in an aged care home isn't a joy, and not particularly humorous. 

I've come to the realization of late that it isn't that funny making light of the elderly. 

I know I can be an annoying sod, my wife tells me constantly.....no harm meant and hope all is ok, hard times. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Anyone else struggling with  a young teenager and this Fortnite shyte? Been around for ages I hear but he is fairly new to it...

I had a go at the weekend..I jumped out of this thing..my son shouted at me where to go....'go right..no go left..no don't go there..over there...' I landed and was apparently the first in the game to be knocked out..:unknw:

My son sat there with his hand over his face and his other hand out to give him the controller back....bastard...

My youngest (10) has played it for a while now. I've played with him a few times and yeah, I feel ya. It's not so much that Im bad at the game, it's the sly, condescending / smart arse comments I get from him AND his friends. Little **** heads.  

:tusk:

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I know these are only jokes, but it ain't fun getting old, particularly in these times.

Having elderly parents at risk in an aged care home isn't a joy, and not particularly humorous. 

I've come to the realization of late that it isn't that funny making light of the elderly. 

 My dad is 90 and I worry all the time about whether I'm going to catch the virus and give it to him. He most probably wouldn't survive. It freaks me out that others don't wear a mask or social distance at the moment which I think is a tad selfish of them. 

I understand where you are coming from but I also think in these hard times it important to keep a sense of perspective and a sense of humour as we go about our daily lives. Life can get too depressing otherwise.

Stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I know I can be an annoying sod, my wife tells me constantly.....no harm meant and hope all is ok, hard times. 

Errrrrr was kinda hoping for less likes and a few ' your not annoying at all responses'..

 

:sorry2:

Bastards....

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Errrrrr was kinda hoping for less likes and a few ' your not annoying at all responses'..

 

:sorry2:

Bastards....

You should be thanking me for not posting what I was going to post!

 

Ungrateful sod ....

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Errrrrr was kinda hoping for less likes and a few ' your not annoying at all responses'..

 

:sorry2:

Bastards....

:meep:

Share this post


Link to post

who else wants a science lesson by nick cannon?


apparently melanin comes with compassion and soul......... and people who dont have as much lack compassion

its science :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, NeverGoat said:

who else wants a science lesson by nick cannon?


apparently melanin comes with compassion and soul......... and people who dont have as much lack compassion

its science :P

 

I like water melanin!  :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post

TIL there’s competitive pizza tossing!  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, sonar said:

Ee2nnGJUMAES7gV?format=jpg&name=900x900#

That's reminds me of when i worked as a shelf stacker in a supermarket in my teens and I put something on my CV along the lines of 'logistical management and strategic placement of goods received often working in a climate controlled environment'.....'expert advice provided on international goods, perishable items and .....blah blah blah lol

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
On 30/07/2020 at 12:06 PM, JackDoff said:

Ok listen up all you Tech heads!  I’m having probs with a Chromecast not picking up Wifi . Was told to plug it in to the downstairs tv , then once setup , plug it back in to the upstairs tv. Didn’t work....

Router is downstairs so I know the signal’s not as strong upstairs , but was told this should fix that :nono:

any advice?  :unknw:     factory reset maybe?  

Late reply and not to join in the comedy :)

 

 

If you have poor Wii upstairs which give router is downstairs (is likely the case). First thing is check what sort signa strength you get up stairs (I usually use my phone for that just walk around connectd to wifi and look at the signal strength). You might find that the signal is ok in some parts of the room.

 

But your options are buy a wifi extender, and go with that, although I haven't had great success with then especially cheap ones. In then end I go sick of it and as I'm working from home for COVID lashed the money on Google Nest Wifi. Pricey but I can recomend, fixed it I get great wifi through the whole house and backgarden now,

https://store.google.com/au/product/nest_wifi?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=japac-AU-en-dr-bkws-super-all-buy-e-dr-1008675&utm_content=text-ad-none-none-DEV_c-CRE_409800667370-ADGP_Hybrid+|+AW+SEM+|+BKWS+~+Exact+|+Nest+Wifi+|+[1:1]+|+AU+|+EN+|+google+nest+wifi-KWID_43700048956451667-kwd-748932960665-userloc_9071836&utm_term=KW_google nest wifi-ST_google+nest+wifi&gclid=CjwKCAjwmrn5BRB2EiwAZgL9onky--G9KO4mMU3LZy3EMpdhQV-N3Xz2TLybOSZfLR8QP84D-yILUhoC78YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The later series of the IT crowd were a  bit meta, but funny still

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Shame there isn't an Australian Current Affairs Thread to put this, so I guess here will do.

Michael Gunner 'very confident' Labor will retain government after NT election but CLP yet to concede
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-22/nt-abc-projects-labor-set-to-retain-government-nt-election/12586356

Share this post


Link to post

not entirely sure where to put this(well i know where but i dont want to take over anyone's topic) but how do you all feel about the wanderers? honestly i just dont feel much, i have been hoping many things would reignite the passion i felt and it just didnt happen yet

i am not a gloryhunter, in fact i signed up for the wanderers i thought we were going to be garbage but i was still all in, with depression passion rots and interests fade away, there are a few things i still feel passionate about but its not a long list

just doesnt feel like the same club anymore and i dont know if that is my fault or if its the direction the club is taking but i know i should be passionate about the red and black but sadly it just doesnt happen, cant force passion, didnt need to try to force passion in the past

still hope it magically becomes something i am passionate about :P but cant see how that would happen, was hoping going back to parramatta would make me feel more, doesnt feel like my club, somewhere i belong but again i am not sure if that is my own fault or the club becoming a lot less focused on its fans

Share this post


Link to post

I must say that i agree Neverbloom.

As much as i still love the club, i don't have the same excitement around game day, and i think this is down to a few things:

  • Even before we left Parra for SOP, there were many people in the crowd who were there to chat and catch up instead of watching and being absorbed in the game
  • The RBB. As great as everyone of those people are in creating the atmosphere, the impact has been slowly melting away. This was a huge reason for me becoming a member instead of just watching the team from afar
  • Away fans - I used to love seeing the huge numbers of Victory and SFC fans filling into the north end of Parra Stadium. These numbers have dwindled away some what
  • The football - for the last 3-4 years the football has not been exciting. This doesn't mean we don't win every game (but lets be clear, winning is better) but the games haven't had that excitement that we had in the early days. 

I am not one to worry about the club and what they do for me. I understand for some, this is important. I am just interested in being excited about turning up and watching my team every 2nd week. 

Look forward to hearing from other fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, billybob said:

I must say that i agree Neverbloom.

As much as i still love the club, i don't have the same excitement around game day, and i think this is down to a few things:

  • Even before we left Parra for SOP, there were many people in the crowd who were there to chat and catch up instead of watching and being absorbed in the game
  • The RBB. As great as everyone of those people are in creating the atmosphere, the impact has been slowly melting away. This was a huge reason for me becoming a member instead of just watching the team from afar
  • Away fans - I used to love seeing the huge numbers of Victory and SFC fans filling into the north end of Parra Stadium. These numbers have dwindled away some what
  • The football - for the last 3-4 years the football has not been exciting. This doesn't mean we don't win every game (but lets be clear, winning is better) but the games haven't had that excitement that we had in the early days. 

I am not one to worry about the club and what they do for me. I understand for some, this is important. I am just interested in being excited about turning up and watching my team every 2nd week. 

Look forward to hearing from other fans. 

thank you for the reply, the RBB are still fantastic but its not the same as it used to be but i do love the atmosphere they bring, i agree away fans used to make it fun, also i remember season one the first time we went to newcastle that was something special, seeing the food vendors faces when we started marching into the part of the stadium with the roof was special, the atmosphere is still amazing just not that level of amazing, i dont know when herbalife joined us but they are dodgy and not a huge fan of seeing them around

maybe next season will bring excitement, at least if i tell myself that it has to be true one day :P i did feel some passion last season a few times but it wasnt common, the main fun i had last season was running into a couple of old friends during match day more than watching the matches but having not much passion for the wanderers has honestly made me feel like a fake fan

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

 but having not much passion for the wanderers has honestly made me feel like a fake fan

I pretty much agree with all you and Billy Bob have written, Goat.

You cannot force passion. Even loyalty wears thin when you really aren't sure what you are being loyal to.

No need to feel like a "fake fan", I don't think!

Look at all those extraordinarily  passionate early supporters who have drifted off from here....and perhaps away from the club.

Of course they may still be supporters, but I'm not sure that all would be,  from some of the departing comments I saw here.

It IS NOT only about winning.

I personally would find winning all the time a bit tiresome... seriously. And embarrassing. And greedy.

To me you need tension and uncertainty in a game, elation when you win a nail biter,  and disappointment to lose a game you nearly won, that could have gone both ways.

You need more than one or two dazzling moments ( and not just from your own side) to make you feel engrossed. You need to see progress. You need to see continuity within the team, and feel connection.

I can't say I've felt any of that for years.

Passion and loyalty, largely have to be earned. It's  not your fault it hasn't been.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I pretty much agree with all you and Billy Bob have written, Goat.

You cannot force passion. Even loyalty wears thin when you really aren't sure what you are being loyal to.

No need to feel like a "fake fan", I don't think!

Look at all those extraordinarily  passionate early supporters who have drifted off from here....and perhaps away from the club.

Of course they may still be supporters, but I'm not sure that all would be,  from some of the departing comments I saw here.

It IS NOT only about winning.

I personally would find winning all the time a bit tiresome... seriously. And embarrassing. And greedy.

To me you need tension and uncertainty in a game, elation when you win a nail biter,  and disappointment to lose a game you nearly won, that could have gone both ways.

You need more than one or two dazzling moments ( and not just from your own side) to make you feel engrossed. You need to see progress. You need to see continuity within the team, and feel connection.

AI can't say I've felt any of that for years.

Passion and loyalty, largely have to be earned. It's  not your fault it hasn't been.

thank you, even before the team had colours or a name i was passionate, traveled around 4 hours to visit the first fan fourm(about 4 hours here and there) once walked about 20 km to get to the first meeting of the RBB(before they were called that at the woolpack), i wouldnt do any of that now

i agree about winning, the high's are not as fun without the lows and we have experienced some massive lows but at the same time we have experienced some extreme high's that i doubt any australian football club will ever repeat, i do love that tension.....well i love and hate that tension :P i am still loyal to the wanderers, i am not about to run off and join sydney fc or Macarthur fc so the loyalty is still there at least, i love how the wanderers are pretty much the only team to ever unite western sydney that is something that is special

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...