Off Topic Thread 4

anyone know where I would have to go to buy some.... like... wetsuit type shoes? I don't even know what they are called. Target and Kmart and all that have them online, I think, - aqua shoes or aqua socks -  but I want to see them in the flesh first, and none of them actually seem to carry them in store. Do I have to go to like a dive shop or something? I don't think they have a dive shop in the riff.... surf shop maybe? I dunno.

21 minutes ago, marron said:

anyone know where I would have to go to buy some.... like... wetsuit type shoes? I don't even know what they are called. Target and Kmart and all that have them online, I think, - aqua shoes or aqua socks -  but I want to see them in the flesh first, and none of them actually seem to carry them in store. Do I have to go to like a dive shop or something? I don't think they have a dive shop in the riff.... surf shop maybe? I dunno.

A quick google shows Rebel Penrith or Mt Druitt may stock what you're after.....this may not be exactly what you're looking for though.....

https://www.rebelsport.com.au/p/tahwalhi-junior-aqua-shoes-M57902101.html?dwvar_M57902101_color=Blue&dwvar_M57902101_size=10&gclid=Cj0KCQiAk53-BRD0ARIsAJuNhps_asTeOayElnSrkYv5UOh_kMhlt6XrofJDLd0ElYQjUC35nFBMNOcaAp5kEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by sonar
2 hours ago, marron said:

Bootees

Edited by Edinburgh

i want to say kids these days are stupid for letting several youtubers who are terrible stay popular but i do wonder if youtube was a thing when i was a kid if i would have been that stupid, maybe i would enjoy jake paul's content and that thought makes me shudder, maybe there is an alternate reality where i am watching his videos right now

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Xmas everyone. Hope everyone had a great day.

I caught up with the ex and the kids for breakfast and present giving this morning for several hours. Many laughs had and much joviality. 

I then went to my brothers place for a light, late lunch, where my incredibly frail and dementia ridden parents were also in attendance. Only as of yesterday did we receive an email from Alcatraz saying they were allowed out for 5 hours today from their Aged Care home. Any longer than 5 hours, and they would have to do 14 days quarantine in their room, which would be inexplicably unbearable for them. So, thankfully, I was able to catch up with them as well. We got them back within the 5 hour time limit, but at least they got out.

Luckily, we had our big family Christmas last Saturday at a different brothers house, when we were allowed to have up to 30 people in the home. All 27 of us were in attendance, including my parents.

All in all, it has been a very rewarding day, all things considered.

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Hope all are having a great day..:)

I am ******* stuffed..can't eat anything for a good while lol

Right back to smashing my son and wife at a boardgame...and be accused of cheating :unknw: Bad losers.

It was all going so well..until i rolled a second Yhatzee bonus score with the second last go of the round..hit my knee against the underside of the table and knocked the wifes prosecco over.

Ah well...

16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

It was all going so well..until i rolled a second Yhatzee bonus score with the second last go of the round..hit my knee against the underside of the table and knocked the wifes prosecco over.

One of the hazards of being 6ft 4??

:lol::lol:

This NYE harbour fireworks should they shouldn't they bullshyte.

People do realise dont they that the fireworks are going ahead not for me or you, but for the 30 to 60 seconds it gets on the networks across North America, Europe and the rest of the world.

Whatever the cost of the fireworks are it is prob the going rate for international  network 1 min 'add' time. I know in the UK they cut to the Sydney fireworks, hey look at us lol

This is the reason Gladys is pushing on. She wants that 1 min international TV audience.

Me..i couldn't give a ****. I have always found NYE totally depressing, more so than Christmas. Many do find NYE depressing..hate it.

Best part of holiday season is Christmas Eve and Christmas day morning. All downhill from there i think.

Edited by Smoggy
32 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

This NYE harbour fireworks should they shouldn't they bullshyte.

People do realise dont they that the fireworks are going ahead not for me or you, but for the 30 to 60 seconds it gets on the networks across North America, Europe and the rest of the world.

Whatever the cost of the fireworks are it is prob the going rate for international  network 1 min 'add' time. I know in the UK they cut to the Sydney fireworks, hey look at us lol

This is the reason Gladys is pushing on. She wants that 1 min international TV audience.

Me..i couldn't give a ****. I have always found NYE totally depressing, more so than Christmas. Many do find NYE depressing..hate it.

Best part of holiday season is Christmas Eve and Christmas day morning. All downhill from there i think.

100% agree with all there, except Christmas Eve!

NYE and the fireworks are absurd...and they depress me too.

Ridiculous to think that people won't congregate at various vantage points to watch them. :nono: