Off Topic Thread 4

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

100% agree with all there, except Christmas Eve!

Fireworks are absurd...and they depress me too.

Riduculous to think that people won't congregate at various vantage points to watch them. :nono:

it is all about how we look on the international stage. If other major international cities are doing something then Gladys won't cancel. If they are not doing anything then the chance for Sydney to get international screen time as the city that brings in the new year with some shitty message of hope on the bridge is too tempting....

Its **** all about people here and covid. Gladys just wants to get those fireworks away for those watching overseas.

Edited by Smoggy

Are you telling me that images like these...that, along with the smoke from millions of hectares of Aussie forests, and billions of animals went all over the world, wasn't enough coverage for international audiences, Smoggy?

That publicity was all free and went on for months!

https://images.app.goo.gl/grq4ntSTNr6JaRuc6

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Are you telling me that images like these...that, along with the smoke from millions of hectares of Aussie forests, and billions of animals went all over the world, wasn't enough coverage for international audiences, Smoggy?

That publicity was all free and went on for months!

https://images.app.goo.gl/grq4ntSTNr6JaRuc6

Yeah..but thats not the happy stuff Gladys wants with the fireworks. Sydney leading the way in to 2021 and all that shyte.

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yes, of course.

My post was heavy with irony! :xnod:

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Too ******* early for irony lol

I find too much irony too soon gets me steamed up, leaves me flat, and increases my tendency to be strait laced for the day.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EmMac said:

Beloved forumites, the phrase is 'should have' not 'should of'

That is all :hi:

*Rolls eyes!* Bunch of uneducated yobs!

The correct phrase is shoulda

1 hour ago, marron said:

Should of told us that years ago em!