Off Topic Thread 4

mack

28 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Thoughts?

Did 9 ever really promote it? The first thing they did at half time after about 30 seconds analysis was advertise the NRL finals. Their priorities are elsewhere. Many people would not be aware the game was televised on free to air.

And Thailand isn't a big draw card.

Not a great result, but I'm not surprised.

13 hours ago, Carns said:

Did 9 ever really promote it? The first thing they did at half time after about 30 seconds analysis was advertise the NRL finals. Their priorities are elsewhere. Many people would not be aware the game was televised on free to air.

And Thailand isn't a big draw card.

Not a great result, but I'm not surprised.

Casual sports fans in this country are just, well, pathetic. So many people I know either didn't watch it, or only watched the second half, but you can bet your arse they'll watch our World Cup games if we make it. 

Compare that with the scenes in pretty much any other Asian country at this stage of qualifying when their team plays. 

Not sure what I think of this issue...except that I feel even more sorry for lambs than I already do...targets for expensive sales drives like this as they frequently are (especially around Australia Day).

Plenty of talking points in this one. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/09/07/hindus-are-mad-about-australias-insensitive-new-lamb-ad-depicting-god-ganesha_a_23201054/

PS I love the harmony elements to their last 3 campaigns...I just wish they weren't promoting meat consumption :bad::bad: , but something more ....uplifting!

I went for a nice long walk in the city today

At the end I went through the Galleries building near Town Hall station and I noticed a lot of people queuing up for "edible balloons"

It's a mixture of corn syrup, water, sugar and gelatin which is then inflated with helium

Such an East Sydney thing to be impressed with hot air :rolleyes:

actually on seeing IT, there was a scary scene and suddenly an alarm started in the movie theatre, i thought it was part of the movie but it just kept going on and on and then i worried there was a fire and then a thought struck me, in the dark knight rises someone with a gun shot up a movie theatre and i was so worried that i was in that situation, i already been in a situation where i thought someone had a gun and i had to hide while the police were called and they brought like 4 swat teams so either way it was scary as hell, i felt so good once i knew there was no issues

10 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Hope our travelling forumite is well clear of the situation over in the UK !   :) 

I'm fine ( if you meant me). I'm safely up in North of England. Terrible thing what happened in London.

hope any other forumites are safe

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, EmMac said:

If that was to me, yep thanks Jack. Am currently in Croatia. Have just eaten some wonderful fish and the best tomatoes in years. Croatia is just stunning.

I'm pretty sure he meant you.

Glad to hear you are having a great time. 

I hate when older generations stereotype young people but sometimes I think they're pretty spot on.

I'm in the middle of a Facebook argument with a young girl who thinks it's normal to require $1000pw to live on EXCLUDING rent and car costs. 

She crys poor because she only makes $400 a week from her casual job and the government doesn't pay her enough to cover the extra. She stated she doesn't know why parents/families get more assistance than uni students. 

Apparently she doesn't want to move out and share a house because she doesn't want to live with a stranger. She's also applied for hundreds of jobs and hasn't heard back from any of them. 

Seriously SMH :fool: Do these people really exist? She's not being a troll either. She's genuine. Her comment was on a post about children living at home later in life. She says she is forced to because she can't afford to move out.

I'll admit, I've been lucky I could live at home with my parents but it was never a free ride. The condition was that any money I would have put towards rent, went into savings for a house. I've wanted to get out from underneath them for a while but I realised that it was better financially for me in the future. 

However if I had to move out, I could definitely live comfortably. I just wouldn't be able to save as much. 

Some young people just have such an unrealistic view of the world. They want everything now and the biggest and best. 

Anyway, rant over. I've given up on the Facebook argument now. She's a loony. 

17 minutes ago, Erebus said:

So essentially she wants to be on 120+K as a Uni student

Pretty much. Or more so, that's what she thinks it takes to live comfortably. 

It's entitlement pure and simple. Some young people are just handed everything and don't know the value of money or hard work. 

While I never went without, I had to work for things if I wanted them. I cooked fast food, pulled beers and folded clothes so I had enough money to go out or buy my own things.

It's younger generation 101. They look at what the older generation(s) have and expect that to be their start in life. They completely (and conveniently) ignore the hard work over time the older generations have (usually) had to put in. Not all of them, but enough of them.

Plenty of people doing the same thing when I was at uni (not necessarily me mind you). I think it's worse now, but I'm probably not particularly objective. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic