Off Topic Thread 4

mack

Happy new year alll...still out and about in Queensland...never spent so much time in the ******* water...glorious up here....

No incidents apart from the ******* kite my wife and son wanted to buy. Took it to a big open beach to fly it..just us and one other family on this long wide beach. The lad is doing a great job of flying it...high up in the sky and he even does a few tricks.

He hands it to me for a go and instantly it all goes shyte...out of control and made a dive.....the point arrowing right on to this big bald fellas head ffs all the ******* beach to play with...

Anyway..i just rammed the kite handles back in to my sons hands and said loudly to be more careful.....

Other than that great holls...only been dumped by big waves 10 or 11 times...

Edited by Smoggy

I'm watching Jamie and the Noonas. Mostly love Jamie Olivers cooking but he just made a pasta with peas. :xmad: Nope.

That made me google the phrase "i hate peas", and i was not disappointed. Google delivered:

https://www.google.com/search?q=i+hate+peas&oq=i+hate+peas&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.9843j1j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Out of that i found this one:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackham/things-youll-only-understand-if-you-hate-peas

No. 10 is particularly poignant :shok:

26 minutes ago, EmMac said:

I'm watching Jamie and the Noonas. Mostly love Jamie Olivers cooking but he just made a pasta with peas. :xmad: Nope.

That made me google the phrase "i hate peas", and i was not disappointed. Google delivered:

https://www.google.com/search?q=i+hate+peas&oq=i+hate+peas&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.9843j1j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Out of that i found this one:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackham/things-youll-only-understand-if-you-hate-peas

No. 10 is particularly poignant :shok:

But but but...you must surely like mushy peas!? I found an awesome fish n chip shop up here in QLD run by an old fella who moved over from Hull (East Yorkshire) years back...was the real ******* deal. Gave me a good portion of mushy peas....

The only draw back was the farting...lots and lots of farting....of the long loud arse rattling kind...

Edited by Smoggy

Observations on the trip to Queendland...

You would think that the most popular sports tops i have seen up here would be Broncos, QLD state of origin or QLD reds, none of those...

The top i have seen up here far more than anything else is Parramatta Eels...been ******* everywhere i have been...did half the eels fans move up here or something?

Seen a Wanderers fan in Surfers Paradise and one on the Sunshine Coast.

15 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

But but but...you must surely like mushy peas!? I found an awesome fish n chip shop up here in QLD run by an old fella who moved over from Hull (East Yorkshire) years back...was the real ******* deal. Gave me a good portion of mushy peas....

The only draw back was the farting...lots and lots of farting....of the long loud arse rattling kind...

You or the guy from Hull?

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

The top i have seen up here far more than anything else is Parramatta Eels...been ******* everywhere i have been...did half the eels fans move up here or something?

Largest supporter base in the country and Queenslanders are league mad. Plus I would hazard a guess many outside Brissie wouldn't be too fond of a Brissie team.

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/video-games-make-children-violent-keep-losing-fistfights/?fbclid=IwAR1btC-Ee5od_b6LRg6NhJOPfUNpZUaEM9zYynkJzWfHSNiT6z8cifzyucA

All great scientists are called maniacs in their time, and I am no exception.  Is it “crazy” to conduct your own experiments? To gather your own data? I’m not crazy; merely interested in the truth. So, riddle me this so-called scientists of the world: if violent video games make children more violent, why do they keep losing fistfights to me?

To be clear, this isn’t about the glory. If I wanted to be a fighter I’d do some DDP Yoga and go the UFC route. This is about violence and it’s about video games. I needed to prove to the world once and for all that video games do NOT make children violent, and the only obvious way to prove that is by seeing if they can defeat me in hand to hand combat.

I carefully selected a sample size of elementary and middle school students to gauge whether or not there were immediate or lasting effects caused by violent video games. My method was simple; I’d approach the biggest kid I could find and ask him his favorite game. If the game was violent (and all the good ones are), I let him know it was go time. Turns out, our nation’s 8-to-12-year-olds cannot handle the fury of a full-grown 44-year-old man, proving once and for all that violent video games have no negative effects on children.

Read More From Hard Drive, The Only Ethical Gaming Journalism Site on The Internet:

My first fistfight, a twitchy 9-year-old who told me he “loved GTA” was a breeze. I gave him a strong, open-handed face slap to let him know it was time to head to Duke City. Tears welled in his eyes; not the predatory response I expected from a mongrel crazed by digital bloodlust. One stiff uppercut later I jotted down my first data point as he ran home with a handful of baby teeth. GTA kids ain’t ****.

Sixteen fights and nine zipcodes later and I feel a great sense of relief. The only significant resistance came from a seventh grader whose braces snagged my eyebrow during some analysis. It looks like the Wolfenstein’s of the world aren’t corrupting our youth after all, which is a relief, because I care about kids the way only a father can.

A father who has a court order to maintain a physical and emotional distance from his children, sure, but also a father who cares enough to fact check media lies with his own bare hands.

9 hours ago, mack said:

That's a satire site lol.

lol i did assume that, i kinda hoped there wasnt some guy running around punching random children in the face :P especially hoped it was satire with the article on removing the pool steps and watching his loved one's swim around endlessly till they died :P

29 minutes ago, marron said:

Are you guys copping thunder etc or has it pushed through?

Looks amazing from up here, lightning every few seconds, but I can't tell how far away.

Had a few rumbles here near Parra a few hours ago but nothing severe, will be out at sea what you see flashing away...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR713.loop.shtml

Edited by Smoggy

https://www.pointandclickbait.com/2019/01/my-gay-friend/?fbclid=IwAR3NTvdCjeChjFpHceL2uZbwQYraX2xth0cMuk0dtnPGoOw_FT_ahV2Ow_I

Local gamer Drew Frazier has labelled his close friend Matt Wong’s recent decision to come as gay “forced” and “unbelievable”.

Only moments after Matt finished his unplanned, halting, nervous statement, revealing that he had known he was gay for several years, Drew informed him that he shouldn’t “force his sexuality” onto innocent gamers.

“I’ve got nothing against gay people. In fact, one of my closest friends Matt is gay,” Drew told Point & Clickbait. “It just seems really forced that Matt would bring it up like this.”

“It doesn’t fit into his character. We were just talking about doing a strip club for my bachelor party, and now suddenly he’s telling me that he’s gay? Where did this come from?”

“I don’t know why he needed to bring sexuality into a perfectly normal situation.”

Drew said that he would be more than willing to accept Matt’s sexuality, except that in this case it felt like Matt was “pandering”.

“What’s more likely – that Matt is really gay, which he’s never talked about until now, or that he’s simply trying to get diversity points from the SJWs?”

“Matt’s never talked about his sexuality before, which means he was straight,” Drew explained. “And now I’m supposed to believe that he’s not? I just think he needs better writing.”

“I have a gay friend,” he concluded.

this entire article is mocking an situation in overwatch where they announced a character as gay and people freaked out, so its amusing to me

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic