Off Topic Thread 4

mack

I ended up going to the doctor today, figured it might be quiet and it was, no-one else waiting, saw doctor in about 10 minutes. Didn't need any x-rays, Doctor seemed to agree that it was probably a mild pneumonia after listening to my breathing. Got antibiotics for it. Should be better within about 3 days and if not they need to do blood tests to see if it's a non-bacterial version of it.

6 minutes ago, mack said:

I ended up going to the doctor today, figured it might be quiet and it was, no-one else waiting, saw doctor in about 10 minutes. Didn't need any x-rays, Doctor seemed to agree that it was probably a mild pneumonia after listening to my breathing. Got antibiotics for it. Should be better within about 3 days and if not they need to do blood tests to see if it's a non-bacterial version of it.

Had pneumonia in both lungs a few years back. Awful feeling.

7 hours ago, mack said:

Glad you sought medical advice...and I hope you have a speedy recovery Mack!

Take care!

7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Yeah, I spent a few days in hospital in May 2008 with pneumonia...had the blue flashy lights going on the ambulance...every breath was agony and if I coughed I would scream in agony...never felt pain like it...

That was the end of a long damp cold winter in the UK in an old damp house.....that added to one of the reasons to come back here....

Edited by Smoggy
On 22/01/2019 at 10:16 PM, wendybr said:

^^^ :good:

So when's the next batch due? :D

First momma is back on her nest, but i'm not sure if the eggs are live. I think pappa duck is under the thumb (or wing, or foot) of second momma, and she won't let him associate with anyone. Time will tell I suppose lol.

On 27/01/2019 at 2:55 PM, mack said:

On 27/01/2019 at 3:03 PM, Paul01 said:

On 27/01/2019 at 10:07 PM, wendybr said:

Glad you sought medical advice...and I hope you have a speedy recovery Mack!

Take care!

On 27/01/2019 at 10:15 PM, Smoggy said:

Yeah, I spent a few days in hospital in May 2008 with pneumonia...had the blue flashy lights going on the ambulance...every breath was agony and if I coughed I would scream in agony...never felt pain like it...

That was the end of a long damp cold winter in the UK in an old damp house.....that added to one of the reasons to come back here....

My wife went to the doc today for a routine visit. He gave her an anti pneumonia injection and said get another each 5 years. Apparently I was given the same 2 years ago. Doc said get the 5 yearly at least twice. I don't know if age is a factor in prescribing this. Might be worth asking next time you see your doctor. 

6 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

My wife went to the doc today for a routine visit. He gave her an anti pneumonia injection and said get another each 5 years. Apparently I was given the same 2 years ago. Doc said get the 5 yearly at least twice. I don't know if age is a factor in prescribing this. Might be worth asking next time you see your doctor. 

Yeah, might be a bit young for that..but I kinda hope the factors that contributed to my bout of pneumonia when late 20's were because I caught that swine flu thing and that knocked me out for weeks, that was terrible. This was combined with at the time living in a very damp cold house during a cold damp winter and an idiot doctor who I went to see 2 days before ending up in hospital turning me away and telling me to 'just rest up'..even though I was struggling to take a decent breath...all in..from the time I got the flu in late March that year to getting better from pneumonia is was 3 months of feeling like total shyte and I think 6 months before I was back to normal.

8 minutes ago, EmMac said:

The wurst place to spend a night lol What did happen to the pun thread..... I was secretly hoping the Jets would get 9 yesterday, just so the Nein pun could be used....it would have been worth the extra 4 goals in my opinion....

42 minutes ago, EmMac said:

33 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

The wurst place to spend a night lol What did happen to the pun thread..... I was secretly hoping the Jets would get 9 yesterday, just so the Nein pun could be used....it would have been worth the extra 4 goals in my opinion....

I'm too skin-t to afford it.

55 minutes ago, EmMac said:

46 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

12 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I'm too skin-t to afford it.

Although, it might be worth a "butcher's" too see what it's like!

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic