Off Topic Thread 4

mack

54 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Just about to start making some pancakes with the lad...being pancake day and all....

I like a squeeze of that fake lemon shyte or some golden syrup...the lad likes it plastered in nutella.......disgusting....

17 minutes ago, marron said:

Bacon and apple and syrup (molasses, apple, maple, whatever is at hand).

13 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Well,.......... I never knew you were one of those big fat American style blokes...

Bacon and syrup is just wrong...never mind on a pancake...

Jam, maybe some cream. Full bloody stop!

1 minute ago, marron said:

I'm half dutch mate.

I'll take anything, because if you buy the real stuff here it's often out of date and hard as ****, but the proper stroop is actually  bloody fantastic.

Pancakes should be thin. Not a shitload of bacon - just bits, cooked in with the apple.

Right on!

8 minutes ago, marron said:

I'm half dutch mate.

I'll take anything, because if you buy the real stuff here it's often out of date and hard as ****, but the proper stroop is actually  bloody fantastic.

Pancakes should be thin. Not a shitload of bacon - just bits, cooked in with the apple.

Wait a min, I have had dutch pancakes at Christmas markets in the UK, they look like this

See the source image

There are tonnes of different types, those could be poffertjes or maybe the ones that are a bit like yorkshire puds, i suppose poffertjes are too

Here's what I'm talking about, although I prefer thinner strips of bacon

7ba778ab75087dd7c29b0e568ac8805c.jpg

Edited by marron
4 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

me and a friend a few years back were at parramatta westfield and we find almost $100 on the ground, we grabbed it fast because there were a lot of people around and we just took it to lost and found, even though i really wanted money keeping it wasnt an option

I found a bank card dropped on the floor a year or so ago, a tap and go type one. Took it straight to the closest bank and they were so ******* rude...did it for the person that dropped it but what surly bastards.

I found quite a bit of money bowing around a car park a few years back $20 notes blowing around in the wind, caught in long grass and up against a metal fence! A first I thought it was 1 but then there as another and another.......

This was a deserted car park outside of a town...and well...yeah..

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I found a bank card dropped on the floor a year or so ago, a tap and go type one. Took it straight to the closest bank and they were so ******* rude...did it for the person that dropped it but what surly bastards.

I found quite a bit of money bowing around a car park a few years back $20 notes blowing around in the wind, caught in long grass and up against a metal fence! A first I thought it was 1 but then there as another and another.......

This was a deserted car park outside of a town...and well...yeah..

no way in hell you could locate the person who had the 2nd bunch of money also if you notice with my story i said me and a friend and that is an obvious lie cause i have no friends :p

i dont know why people are rude like that i remember once i found a westpac card at a concert where there was 100 people(well it was outside the concert so anyone could have left it) the bank was shut but i managed to push their card under the door :P

13 minutes ago, marron said:

In my first game in the RBB two dollars fell out of my wallet without me noticing at the front of bay 57. Someone passing by picked it up and gave it back to me. 

These days I wonder how different my life would be if that hadn't happened. 

Totally different you’d now hear it hit the ground 

1 hour ago, marron said:

In my first game in the RBB two dollars fell out of my wallet without me noticing at the front of bay 57. Someone passing by picked it up and gave it back to me. 

These days I wonder how different my life would be if that hadn't happened. 

Uggghhh yeah...i went to a game with my old man in the early 90's on an old fashioned standing terrace...think it was away to York City in a cup game...

Anyhoo...we scored. and the daft bugger put all his coins in his open coat pocket and they went everywhere...and there were lots of them. He spent just about the entire second half trying to retrieve the money and telling people around us to look around ffs...The number of times i had to tell him to just ******* let it go! It was dark and a packed terrace.

But of course with any incident like that with him it ruined the evening and he spent the walk back to the station calculating how much he had lost....

Unfortunately he didnt lose his train ticket home..

This is a man who went to the 1966 world cup final and spent a good 30mins outside Wembley panicking that he had lost his ticket...only to find it in his inside pocket...nearly gave my old grandad a heart attack...

Edited by Smoggy
On ‎5‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, marron said:

Bacon and apple and syrup (molasses, apple, maple, whatever is at hand).

Sure -if it is genuine maple syrup.  Add some Tabasco sauce and you are set!

My oldest kid is starting to use the internet for her homework, can anyone recommend something (software) that will stop her from accessing something that is not appropriate? But ummmm... will still allow me to access something inappropriate? :ninja:

Edited by Kitto
32 minutes ago, Kitto said:

My oldest kid is starting to use the internet for her homework, can anyone recommend something (software) that will stop her from accessing something that is not appropriate? But ummmm... will still allow me to access something inappropriate? :ninja:

try a google search etc.....something like this..........

https://au.pcmag.com/parental-control-monitoring/44998/the-best-parental-control-software

https://www.spyzie.com/parental-controls/free-parental-control-software.html

Edited by sonar

Kitto my advice is to have the computer out in the open somewhere if you can. 

I think it's pretty rare that your kid will know how to even find something they shouldn't at that age, but if they do, then you can talk about it. And at the same time, it just becomes normal that browsing or whatever is something done "in public". 

Set them up with their favourites and so on. Help them with good google use and how to find sites that will be at their level (simple English wiki can be good).

Just my 2c. 

35 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Counter Terrrorism training by Tactical Assault Group East (TAG-E).

All good.

Yeah, found a link to that, kept going for a few hours and their track was right over our gaff...which my son liked as was an impressive show...

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic