Off Topic Thread 4

mack

8 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I have generally been watching from the sideline, but came to say one thing.

How good was Seinfeld, Love how you’ve broken it down but never saw it that way. In saying that, anyone who disses it gets one of these :smurfpoint:

Seinfeld was pretty good. I think Frasier was pretty good for Americans as well, the closest they have got to a good British style sitcom.

Yeah it was actually a bit British style wasn't it. A bit of farce, and a lot of clever language stuff. Which fit his character as well I suppose.

There were some other good ones in that post-seinfeld era as well, the 90s. I seem to remember Newsradio (?) was alright, although I didn't watch it regularly. What was the one about the Mayor's office with Michael J Fox? Or maybe I'm just confusing things. The kid from the wonder years was in one called Working which I liked. I suppose Roseanne had a bit of an impact too. Grounded for Life was a bit good.  Then it seemed to flip back to the old formulas.

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Bit sad about Notre -Dame burning. Went there on a school trip and then again with the wife not long after married. One of those holls you look back on as a very special time. Very sad :(

in a way i dont care because its just a rich religious organisation losing money but its such a historic and beautiful landmark and building and that is very sad

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

in a way i dont care because its just a rich religious organisation losing money but its such a historic and beautiful landmark and building and that is very sad

Its the memories people associate with and how a building can be a symbol of a city i guess. We would all be sad if the Opera House went up in flames, wouldn't we?

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Its the memories people associate with and how a building can be a symbol of a city i guess. We would all be sad if the Opera House went up in flames, wouldn't we?

well its not the exact same thing as the opera house isnt owned by a bunch of religious nutcases but i do agree that its such a historic and iconic building so its sad because of that, lucky i am pretty sure it will fully be repaired but that wont be a fast process and i know there was stuff that was lost which can never be replaced sadly

Just now, Neverbloom said:

well its not the exact same thing as the opera house isnt owned by a bunch of religious nutcases but i do agree that its such a historic and iconic building so its sad because of that, lucky i am pretty sure it will fully be repaired but that wont be a fast process and i know there was stuff that was lost which can never be replaced sadly

York Minster caught fire in the mid 80's (much bigger than Notre-Dame) and it took many years to repair. Will be looking at a 20 year plus job.

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Apparently i made the easter egg hunt for the lad and wife too hard this morning. There are still 5 missing...and to be honest i cant remember where i put them.....kept them both out of my way for a while anyway..but **** the whinging about stupid places.....

In the bin in the packet they came in. That'll keep em guessing for a good long while.

On 21/04/2019 at 4:20 PM, Smoggy said:

Apparently i made the easter egg hunt for the lad and wife too hard this morning. There are still 5 missing...and to be honest i cant remember where i put them.....kept them both out of my way for a while anyway..but **** the whinging about stupid places.....

I made that mistake a few years ago. Although the wife didn't get involved in the actual hunt, the kids and her haven't let me forget it. Every year, 'remember when you made so it took ages and you couldnt remember where they were?' Not for the last 364 days i haven't remembered, no. And I'll be sure to file it back where it was in the 'get the **** over it already' basket until your bring it up again next Easter.

The real kicker though? The kids bug the **** out of me to do the hunt in the first place, and then complain it's too hard! FMD. Maybe next time I'll just put the bag on the table and see how long it takes them to notice it.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic