Off Topic Thread 4

mack

16 hours ago, Horus said:

Meh...never been a fan of the CW super shows - have to see how it actually goes 

to me super heroes are like zombies, used to love them but there is just too much super hero stuff i mean i'll be watching the joker but even that i am not super hyped for just somewhat interested, feels like every day there is a new super hero movie or show or game just bored

32 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

to me super heroes are like zombies, used to love them but there is just too much super hero stuff i mean i'll be watching the joker but even that i am not super hyped for just somewhat interested, feels like every day there is a new super hero movie or show or game just bored

I've been a Batman fan since I was a kid, but I haven't seen any of the Batman related content since the Dark Knight trilogy. They just keep re-hashing it because there are very few original ideas in Hollywood. I can't be arsed seeing every different release of it as it's tired and stale. And agree with the zombie stuff too. George A. Romero (Dawn of the Dead etc.) has already done everything that needs to be done in the zombie genre. It doesn't mean I'll dismiss everything, but I won't just watch it for the sake of it. But I'm also not the target market for most of these films.

watching a doco called surviving evil there was this guy and this women, guy wanted to date woman, women didnt want to date guy, the guy said we will be in a relationship, i will be the man and you will be the women and you will only talk when i tell you can talk

.......that line doesnt work with women ever

5 hours ago, Carns said:

I've been a Batman fan since I was a kid, but I haven't seen any of the Batman related content since the Dark Knight trilogy. They just keep re-hashing it because there are very few original ideas in Hollywood. I can't be arsed seeing every different release of it as it's tired and stale. And agree with the zombie stuff too. George A. Romero (Dawn of the Dead etc.) has already done everything that needs to be done in the zombie genre. It doesn't mean I'll dismiss everything, but I won't just watch it for the sake of it. But I'm also not the target market for most of these films.

i know what you mean the dark knight was pure awesomeness, the dark knight rises was good too, even like some of the cartoon movies like batman under the red hood, John Dimaggio was an awesome joker imo, i know what you mean i can enjoy zombie stuff but usually i am not interested

there are so many marvel movies...........the extended universe is just overwhelming

19 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

watching a documentary on Bin Laden, its weird hearing him described as kind, soft spoken, generous and gentle with how he treats other people, he had a big change

Did it talk about him and the Afghan Mujahideen? America thought he was tactically useful at one point in time.

the problem with bin laden is he was extremely smart, obviously very rich and well connected but he wasnt an idiot, he knew what he was doing, they were very lucky the pentagon attack did next to nothing

i even understand why people followed him, he had charisma, he was a billionaire but slept in the same place as everyone else, ate the same food ect so its easy to understand why some people would like him

and flight 93 didnt go as planned for him either but he still did get plenty of kills with it

20 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

watching a documentary on Bin Laden, its weird hearing him described as kind, soft spoken, generous and gentle with how he treats other people, he had a big change

What's the name of the doco, Goat?

The carriages are designed for most people to stand...which would wear thin, I guess,  if you were travelling the whole length, and you didn't get a chance to sit.

Mind you, on the buses to and from the city from around here, plenty of people stand the whole way (45 mins plus usually).

Why didn't they link it to a train line at the other end?

That thing would make such a huge difference if, say, they linked it to Blacktown, maybe even via the first few stops on the Richmond line. 

Anyone know anything about it? What's in the way of where it ends/starts there and say Schofields or somewhere?

12 minutes ago, marron said:

Why didn't they link it to a train line at the other end?

That thing would make such a huge difference if, say, they linked it to Blacktown, maybe even via the first few stops on the Richmond line. 

Anyone know anything about it? What's in the way of where it ends/starts there and say Schofields or somewhere?

Phase 2 is underway where the metro will go down from Chatswood and go under the harbour to the city and then round to Bankstown, that is costing a fair amount. I think the metro will go further west either via Bankstown or a more northern route to link in with the new airport. I think they will prefer a metro line from Bankstown way to the airport though and that a metro link through from Schofields will come last.

You can't rush these things, not in this city lol, I mean, look at Carlingford and Epping. The intention was to link the Carlingford line to Epping back in the early 1900, then again when Bradfield was king in the 20's and 30's, Labor revived it for a while and there was even a few tunnels dug, but then abandoned again. It is crazy that if you want to use a train to get from say Hornsby to Parramatta that you have to go all the way down to Strathfield and change.

The Parramatta tram system will use the Carlingford line, but they STILL won't link that through to Epping lol The issue with Schofields sounds similar, but I think that will form part of a loop eventually, East / west round the loop -Schofield -> Epping -> Chatswood -> North Sydney -> City / Barangaroo -> Waterloo -> Bankstown -> Change station for back northwards towards Schofields (possibly through Parra) and a spur line towards the new airport. I doubt any of us will be alive when this full loop would be finished. 

Edited by Erimus

Now for high speed intercity trains in Australia, which should have been started in the late 70's. Distance here is a massive issue, and cost blows out because of it. But a high speed rail line between Sydney -> Goulburn -> Canberra -> Melbourne should have been started in the late 70's Australia should be at the second generation of high speed train travel now, and yet a sod has not even been turned.

High speed train between Sydney to Newcastle and Sydney to Wollongong also should have been started before now, difficult terrain mind, but other countries have over come similar.

Edited by Erimus
15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Can't remember where or when I saw it...but last time I saw something on tv about this (a few months ago) various experts seemed to agree that it would never be feasible/cost effect here.

:unknw:

That's Australian for 'we don't have the vision to see this through'. That's why I love some of the old Victorian era industrialists and engineers that were told 'that could never be done' but went out and found a way regardless...

Edited by Erimus
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic