mack

Off Topic Thread 4

Arsenal fans might appreciate this... no one else will! :lol:

PS He and his wife may well have been the best looking couple in the world. Lol

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

And one more - lol.

OK and here's a totally legit, and very insightful interview for any football fan....but especially for an Arsenal fan, or a fan of the French national team of 20 years ago.

18 minutes ago, wendybr said:

OK and here's a totally legit, and very insightful interview for any football fan....but especially for an Arsenal fan, or a fan of the French national team of 20 years ago.

I really liked Henry as a player right up to the game against Ireland in the WC Qualies........cheated the Irish they did......the "Hand of Frog"......lol

^^ Fair enough.

But here's one more interview - at the end, indicating the immense power of football to unite people.

He and his fellow players are still thanked every day for what they achieved in 1998. Great interview - with a bit of life philosophy thrown into his reminiscences about the WC.

Hahaha... it was a bit of a family joke 20 years ago. 

I'm over it now! :lol:

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hahaha... it was a bit of a family joke 20 years ago. 

I'm over it now:lol:

Not so, based on the evidence in your previous 1000's of posts!

Haha - it was the post on the previous page that got me thinking about hair on football players...and one thing led to another.

I'd never watched any of those clips before today. But he's well worth listening to, regardless of his appearance. :P

PS I'm back to Monty Python now - well John Cleese actually.

I tried to go out and embrace the invigorating wind....sit in the Sun and get some Vitamin D etc....but that didn't last long. :xmad:

Fantastic!

He was 75 in 2014. Must be about 80 now.

37 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Haha - it was the post on the previous page that got me thinking about hair on football players...and one thing led to another.

I'd never watched any of those clips before today. But he's well worth listening to, regardless of his appearance. :P

Yeah, yeah .......

Yep.

Had great fun until the tourists started showing up. Then went indoors.

Just walked through the park which had tiny clumps of ice spread out several metres part. People were still turning in and taking photos and driving through the park (!) like ****wits. Earlier, the mrs had walked through when it was still covered and tourists had destroyed all the stuff we'd made about half an hour before. I hope they all slip off the highway on black ice :lol:

BTW, I did go out yesterday, rode out to Hanging Rock, but it was mental as anything with the wind there. I was so paranoid about falling off a cliff, mostly because of definitely being remembered as a ******* idiot. :lol:

I look like a cross between Peter Beardsley and Jaap Stam.

:vava:

:crazy:

4 hours ago, wendybr said:

PS I'm back to Monty Python now - well John Cleese actually.

I tried to go out and embrace the invigorating wind....sit in the Sun and get some Vitamin D etc....but that didn't last long. :xmad:

Then they wheeled you back inside......

:P

2 hours ago, marron said:

Yep.

Had great fun until the tourists started showing up. Then went indoors.

Just walked through the park which had tiny clumps of ice spread out several metres part. People were still turning in and taking photos and driving through the park (!) like ****wits. Earlier, the mrs had walked through when it was still covered and tourists had destroyed all the stuff we'd made about half an hour before. I hope they all slip off the highway on black ice :lol:

awwwww bless :D I love you upper mountains types getting excited about your snow attempts :D

5 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

@ wendybr - does your husband know about your infatinfatuation with Petit???

I heard he had to wear a full Arsenal strip, put the head of a mop on his head and put on a french accent in the bedroom every night...

15 minutes ago, Erimus said:

awwwww bless :D I love you upper mountains types getting excited about your snow attempts :D

It's the Sydney types that are the problem mate :lol:

Coming to 100 pages & a new off topic thread thread, time to open number 5 Chief :D 

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

And one more - lol.

Glad EmMac appreciated this post!   :good:

Where's Cynth? I hear she likes long hair on men. :D

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Glad EmMac appreciated this post!   :good:

Where's Cynth? I hear she likes long hair on men. :D

What I thought was an innocent post about dodgy football haircuts ....appears I unleashed a beast...........lol

Edited by sonar

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

unleashed a beast...........lol

Its made me think twice about growing my hair again.....

Posted (edited)

Proper winters morning. Got up early and put a bit of heating on for when the wife and lad wake up. First time done that in a while!.

Then put the slow cooker on low, been on 3hrs already, another 7 to go. Wife and lad smelt the cooking when woke up.

Then put some porridge on (Ed would approve).

Summer mornings you get out and perhaps get to the coast. This is winter mornings at there best. Only thing missing a log burner...

Edited by Erimus

Ran mine overnight :xnod:

Rice pudding for breakfast.

35 minutes ago, marron said:

Ran mine overnight :xnod:

Rice pudding for breakfast.

Skin on top? Best bit of rice pudding or custard is the skin on top...

You got any more snow this morning?

Yep heh.

It was snowing consistently from about 7-10 but not enough to really stick around.

Hasn't stopped a stream of people coming up though and then stopping on the side of the highway to fling bits of dirty ice at each other and take selfies etc.

The weather guy reckons there's maybe a bit more this afternoon but it will need to be massive to settle at this stage I would think.

Thinking about holiday ideas for the end of the year / Jan. Has anyone here driven the great ocean road?

We are thinking of flying to Melbourne, picking up a hire car and driving the great ocean road and ending up in Adelaide, good idea, any tips on where to stay? Give enough time so we don't have to rush, stay in Melbourne and Adelaide for a few days at the start and end....